Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Dan Branham GVP in kingsland GA
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
SkooobaSteve
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject: Dan Branham GVP in kingsland GA Reply with quote

I have ? has ony one out there delt with Dan at GVP. I bought a case from him last year at BulliBrigade 2005. It wasnt machined right and he said he would ship me another one no big deal. Ive had some stuff pop up not to mention body work on my bus. So engine hasn't been a bid deal but its getting closer and all I need is the case. I have tried emailing him calling him and get no response.
I have no dout he is a busy guy and nothing agianst him, but I wont to get up with him so I can trade that case out at BB this year or bugjam. That way there would be no shipping or worries. Anyone have any suggestions on what 2 do thanks.
Romans 6:13
WTB 67 beetle rear seat belts.
59 Euro ragtop build with my dad
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=493553&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
65 dlx Slow build
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=391061

Last edited by SkooobaSteve on Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
70fasty
ITMC Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He almost never answers the phone, hes a hard guy to get ahold of, just send him a couple emails and he may be able to answer them, When I last picked up my car from there over a month ago he was super busy and I'd imagine hes even busier now, just keep trying and you'll eventually get ahold of him. try sending to both his aol and gvptuning.com emails and he should respond to one.

ITMC
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SkooobaSteve
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill just keep hitting him up thanks.
Romans 6:13
WTB 67 beetle rear seat belts.
59 Euro ragtop build with my dad
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=493553&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
65 dlx Slow build
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=391061
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
58deluxerag
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck. That's all I can say.
gimmehead
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

58deluxerag wrote:
Good luck. That's all I can say.

no shit im still waitin on a set of bus drop spindles that he was supposed to be fabbing up for me. i dropped sent them & the $175 a year ago this coming Dec. and still havent got them. he dont answer his calls, emails, PM's, IM's, or return phone calls even thou he has the number to call back. Confused
iamahugevwnut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys I think I have everything squared up. Been busy around here and alot of stuff going on and caused a few things to slip.
Foxx
Uncle Meat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan does great work.
somethings has been worth the wait.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

sorta.
Laughing

Sarcasm is the body's natural defense against stupidity. i seem to use a lot.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
iamahugevwnut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't take the credit Corey does most of the body stuff.
Glad you loke the outcome so far Frank.
gimmehead
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iamahugevwnut wrote:
Hey guys I think I have everything squared up. Been busy around here and alot of stuff going on and caused a few things to slip.

THEN HOW BOUT MY $125 THAT IVE BEEN WAITING ON? I STILL HAVENT GOT IT. I CALL LEAVE MESSAGES AND NO ANSWER. WELL ITS BEEN ALMOST 2YEARS NOW SINCE WE MADE THAT DEAL AND I STILL HAVE NOTHING TO SHOW FOR IT. YOU KEEP ON PUTTING ME OFF AND KEEPING WHATS RIGHTFULLY MINE THE $125 CAUSE I DONT NEED OR WANT THE DAMN SPINDLES NOW. IM TIRED OF YOUR SILLY EXCUSES I FORGOT TO PUT IT IN THE MAIL, MY WIFE & I ARE HAVING PROBLEMS, & BLAMING EVERYONE ELESE. DAN THIS DEAL WAS BETWEEN YOU & I NOT EVERYONE ELESE. SO BE A BIG BOY AND DO THE RIGHT THING BY SENDING MY DAMN MONEY. PLUS IVE GIVEN YOU MY ADDRESS OVER & OVER BUT YOU STILL FORGET IT BEFORE YOU ADDRESS THE ENVELOPE TO MAIL IT OUT. WELL HERES WHAT YOU DO WRITE IT DOWN. I TIRED OF YOUR EXCUSES AND ITS REALLY PISSING ME OFF NOW. LET THIS BE A WARNING TO EVERYONE THAT YOU DONT WANT TO DEAL WITH THIS GUY OR PLACE. THE LAST I HEARD COREY LEFT GVP IS THAT TRUE? WELL IF SO THATS THE BEST MOVE HE COULD HAVE EVER MADE SEEING HOW HE WAS DO 90% OF THE WORK.
iamahugevwnut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drannon your refund went out last week and should arrive any day now. I take full responsibility for the delays on this matter and its not how I like business to go but sometimes things happen.
vintagevolks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I think Cory went to work for himself..Wonder why?
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=388367
iamahugevwnut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He still works here currently.
gimmehead
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iamahugevwnut wrote:
Drannon your refund went out last week and should arrive any day now. I take full responsibility for the delays on this matter and its not how I like business to go but sometimes things happen.

i'll keep an eye out for it to show up. if it doesnt show up by thursday i'll holla back at you again. i know it usually doesnt take but 2-3 days for me to recive a letter from GA. the delays you had shouldnt effect you putting an envelope in the mail by 2 years. that should be as simple as you paying your bills. if it doesnt show up soon i may have to go to the post office and check into mail fraud to see how i need to go about that.
iamahugevwnut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand about the dealy issue. I know it went out and should be there by Thursday. Our mail system is stupid as it goes from here in GA to the Jacksonville mail center for processing then out to where it needs to go. It take 2-3 days for a letter to go across town in the same zip code here.
58deluxerag
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iamahugevwnut wrote:
He still works here currently.

As of 10:00 AM December 14th 2007 I do NOT work for Dan Branham, German Vintage and Performance, GVP or Branham Industries LLC

I advise anyone doing business or planning on doing business with this person be very cautious. I personally wouldn't recommend it.

Yes, you may think I'm just a disgruntled former employee. Just take note that I had been working for him for almost 3 years, was there when the place started and saw things you wouldn't have.

I'm sure the other 4 employees that left GVP will chime in also.

oh, this too, his samba name is iamahugvwnut

-Corey
iamahugevwnut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of yesterday I have accepted a job offer making alot more than most could working on cars and will be moving back north to do what is best for my family. I am not quitting working on cars but going back to it being a hobby and not supporting my family and I want to go back to working on my own cars which I have barely touched in 4 years.

Thank you for all that have supported the shop here in the time its has been here open full time.

Thanks

Dan

Last edited by iamahugevwnut on Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
58deluxerag
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scone wrote:
Hey Corey, is it true you're going to take all your hard work and experties over to VW Dreams?

www.VeeDubDreams.com

Shocked Twisted Evil

Yes I will be there Monday morning.

Foxx4086 JHC wrote:
Dan does great work.

I want to see.

Dan here's a proposition for you, if you care: find a VW equally as rare as my current project & we'll have a build-off and let everyone decide who does great work.
iamahugevwnut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Dan here's a proposition for you, if you care: find a VW equally as rare as my current project & we'll have a build-off and let everyone decide who does great work.

I would love to after I get situated up north.
58deluxerag
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iamahugevwnut wrote:
He was here through the worst of the times here for sure which all new businesses have some more so than others and if any of you have started your own business you know if not then what you see is not all that is going on. However just packing up and leaving when I leave for 15 mins is a great way to quit. But I am not out anything I have better things on the horizon.

As of yesterday I have accepted a job offer making alot more than most could working on cars and will be moving back north to do what is best for my family. I am not quitting working on cars but going back to it being a hobby and not supporting my family and I want to go back to working on my own cars which I have barely touched in 4 years.

Thank you for all that have supported the shop here in the time its has been here open full time.

I will be listing alot of parts on the samba to lighten my load for moving also if you are looking for anything please call and we can set up am appointment in the near future to have a garage sale. However no equipment is getting sold just parts.

Thanks

Dan

Yes Dan, it was crappy a little bit. The more I think about it, it's not. You hadn't notice I had already moved the majority of my tools out a year ago and think I was leaving, c'mon rocket scientist. 3 weeks ago a guy came by to lease out the building, said you were moving. I said, "uh, that's weird hadn't heard anything of this. Guess I should look for another job." Then other people started showing up telling me I better watch myself because the shop was being shut down. You've tried to pll this stunt before and I told you it wouldn't be wise to try it again, so here ya go, the outcome I told you a year ago you'd get. I gave you an ultimatum more than a year ago to pull your head out of you ass or I was leaving. Along the way the next year I would remind you that nothings changed, started searching for othe VW shops to work for. You saw the ads I placed on thesamba.com. It was clear to me and everyone else that I was leaving. Nice try dan. Good luck in Kentucky.

Last edited by 58deluxerag on Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:39 am; edited 2 times in total
iamahugevwnut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest and totally honest I was telling you today as I did not know until yesterday about actually doing this. I was not going to leave you in the cold as I know what you have to take care of yourself and you have done great work for me here. As far as it getting shut down thats a no I am shutting it down to move further on.

Last edited by iamahugevwnut on Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: