Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Buggy ?
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
trd03cali
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: Buggy ? Reply with quote

Hello everyone.Well this is my 1st post on here. Im thinking of building a fiberglass buggy (manx) and was wondering where to get the bodies? also is there any bodies out there i would want to stay away from? thanks
55reasons
Samba Swamp Cooler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fiberglass is fiberglass.

I would suggest making sure that whatever you decide on, at least make sure that it doesn't need any fiberglass work. Not that it's hard to fix, but who wants to patch fiberglass if they don't have to?

That being said, I would avoid any bodies that have sat out in the sun for an extended period of time as UV damage has a way of deteriorating unfinished fiberglass.

I (personally) would go with one of the new Manxters. I have seen a couple and I think the 2+2 has a really good seating layout. Cool gas assist roof and the typical buggy simplicity.

look here: http://www.meyersmanx.com

If you decide you want an old body, just be prepared to spend more time and money on odds and ends getting it mocked up the way you want it.

Good luck..
carbaholic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would take you time in finding one. It's really easy to get excited and pay to much. I just got one form a guy down the street that's been sitting for 9 years. I paid 2k for it and it has an 1835 with dual dellorto's four wheel disk and cutters with 30's in the rear with plenty of clearence for bigger if I wanted. Look around and search the back yards. My personal favorites are the ones with atleast one flat tire and lots or weeds going up around them.
I'm sure you've looked here but also check the classifiedes on manxclub.com as well as eBay. They will also pop up localy if you are lloking for them.

Have fun with it!
TurboLark
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought this body from Fiber Reinforced Products in San Marcos, CA.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Of all the bodies I looked at(FRP,RTS, Bandit, Vegas Bodies) this one was high quality and also the least expensive. 1350.00 for the body, hood, dash AND windshield. Most are 1500.00 without the windshield(125-200.00 more). The altered the gelcoat to make it brighter orange for me at no charge. Had it done for me in less than the 2 weeks quoted. Scott was great to deal with and answered all my questions, even let me crawl all over his dads car to see how it was.
trd03cali
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya im looking for a new one to start.how are those berrin buggies? they have a tube frame and fibergless body and pan? is that something to get.Those 2+2 look pretty nice but lots of $$$
iceluke
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it needs to be said that fiberglass is definetly NOT fiberglass...

If your out their looking at bodies, take a look at how thick the glass
is(thicker is better) and is it chopped or mat. It does make a difference.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: