Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

strange wear on throw out bearing w/ a broken fork
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigmau
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:16 am    Post subject: strange wear on throw out bearing w/ a broken fork Reply with quote

my throwout bearing is totally f'd up. the fork is obviously messed up but i dont want to replace anything until i address the issue that started the stress in that area. the mechanic who put in the engine said that it had an incorrect t\o bearing. could it be that i just need to pull the collar in the pressure plate and get a new fork? also the bearing and fork clips were rubbing on something. when i used to let the clutch out and engage, it would rattle violently like wheel hop. its a kcr swing axle with a 1600 dp.
does the style of fork and t\o bearing look correct for that setup? there is some wierd wear on the fork fingers. thanks for any advice.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

myb356
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to know if you have a clutch pedal stop underneath your pedal. The later model cars have a stopper built into the pedal so the diaphragm style clutch doesn't "overcenter" and cause damage. Might have started a downward spiral. Having an ajustable stop can save wear on the pedal hook and all other clutch parts and still allow the clutch to operate. Wheel hop can sometimes be attributed to having your clutch cable flex tube (bowden tube) too straight. It has to have a bow in it so that the clutch cable doesn't change in length as the engine moves around causing the clutch to engage and disengage rapidly causing hop. Also check your mounts thouroughly.
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The throwout bearing needs to match the tranny and the prpessure plate.

Your's does match.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: