Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Resurrection of the 3hippies and the green bus
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Forum Index -> Stories Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
dubdork
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile well congrats to you leader...

and thanks rez for the update...keep going please...
Bottomend
Grease

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rez, that was wonderful. A great start man!

I still think about the odds of meeting up with the girl whom you met the first day, on the very last night of the weirdest two weeks I've ever had.... It was destined.

I felt sad when you guys left. I dont do much ( nothing...?) socially and I hate to admit it but you guys filled a HUGE void in my life. I needed you MORE than you needed me, believe it or not. (For anyone reading these words who havn't read the whole story, take the time now. It might take a few days (it's rather uh, long) and read.

It's one thing to need someone and not recieve assistance but I think it's a much worse state to be needed and not have an oppertunity to assist. I fell in to the latter catogory for sure. I live a very strange exsistance here in LA where I feel SOOOO detatched from any real life force. You three people were definatly a force! I'm a driven person. I just needed somewhere to go....

As a general FYI, the second to last last " transmission" I had with the guys was a phone call from Leader somewhere near the California boarder, I think. Things were not going well at that point as I recall.

For starters, fill in the gap between my house and that phone call. You guys went to Don's ( durocshark) house in OC to collect the money we raised and took some pic's....

Last edited by Bottomend on Mon May 09, 2005 3:18 am; edited 1 time in total
DurocShark
Samba Member

Location: Crappy town in a crappy state. But the beach is nearby, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, after they headed for Arby's for some roast beef ( Laughing ) the last I had heard was Bottomend calling me and saying they made it to the border, and then a friend of theirs calling me a few days later to say they made it alive. But that's all I got.

The bus was a greasy mess, but sounded ok. Nothing obvious was wrong from a quick visual look when they were in the Wienerschnitzel parking lot. No smoke pouring out or anything.

Anyway, I really want to hear about the trip back and how the bus is doing now...
livingbeyondtheveil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, So we are at the Wiener schnitzel. This is where we met shark. Great guy cool bus has natural knack for interviewing people. He should have been a reporter. I remember water boy being very impressed with his bus. It had an upper camper compartment you could sleep in while the bus was moving. An obvious plus to somebody so incredibly gifted in the art of sleep. Trust me it is an art, if you do not believe so it might be because you have never seen how well a guy like water boy can sleep. He simply has an unhuman like endurance; simply put he has the gift.
Ok I'm going to do my best to relate the rest of the details to the best of my knowledge I might get the order in which they happened a little off. But I think I can get across what happened. I remember hills!!! Lots of long slow escalating hills. It seemed we where on this indefinite climb that would never end. I remember feeling that I was caught in some kind of sick children’s story about a little engine that could. (Hopefully) I mean we were at best doing 30 miles per hour with our blinkers on as semi truck after semi truck roared by us. Thankfully it was night out so we were spared the barrage of fingers being waved at every passing vehicle. After the initial concern, and discontentment we seemed to accept who we were in this place and on this road. We just putted along up this hill knowing at some point we would get to go down it. I mean there would be plenty of time when we would receive our just deserved honor as we cruise through different neighborhoods in Illinois. But for now we were despised. I remember stopping to give sonset a rest at like 4:00 in the morning. A chance for the engine to cool, it was pitch black in the desert no natural lights anywhere. Turning we see a hill, so we started to climb. We were going to get a good spot to check out the stars a good place to veg and reflect. …. At least we thought it was a hill, ten minutes later…still climbing I was having my doubts. However, leaders disgustingly relentless optimism soothed my doubts and gave me the courage to press on. I’m not sure if it was courage or perseverance, perhaps he was just able to cast a positive delusion. At any cost we made it to the top. Only to find 3 huge boulders shaped like chairs. It was amazing we sat upon our thrones and stared at the stars. For quite some time it was one of “those” moments. A country boy from Illinois I have seen some stars before, but never like this. It seemed another shooting star would fly past every minute. Awesome and well worth the climb.
We pulled into some small desert hell whole town the next morning. The plan was to get some sleep before it really got cooking. Then to do whatever we could for sonset in the hottest part of the day before taking off when it started to get cool out. I slept up top for about an hour, by 8 in the morning it was 110 degrees up there. No possibility of sleeping so I contented myself to lie there and sweat. Meanwhile down below the leader and water boy rest peacefully in the shadow of my sun scorched body. Of course waterboy would have no trouble getting in a quick 8 hours…amazing.
After the crew would revive we rolled into town for supplies. Then came possibly my favorite moment of the whole trip. Somebody had a great idea to go swimming. Unknown to us we were only miles from the Colorado River. We bought a bar of soap at the gas station and I believe some more bread. After getting the direction we pulled up to this beautiful river. Hoping out we quickly made our way to the water. It was some of the coldest water ever. I could not believe it a total surprise. I was expecting piss warm water, I was doubting the very existence of water in this barren wasteland. I had been a little jaded from my morning sleeping conditions and lack of sleep. I however was pleasantly surprised, this water was cold and clean and in abundance. With the 110 degree heat and the desert sun beating down overhead it quickly turned into paradise for the 3 young hippies. As we began to soak in this river of life our youthfulness and vision began to be restored to us. Harsh weather conditions and lack of sleep and attempted to rob us of our vigor. This all began to change as we were transformed in that river. The water was so clear you could see 10 15 feet straight to the bottom with the help of the bright sun overhead. It was simply amazing, with the cold water taking our breath away. In addition you must keep in mind it hand been some 15 odd days since we had showered or bathed. So soaping up and rinsing proved to be beneficial and surprising. Apparently the leader wasn’t quite as tan as he thought he was… This wonderful time of refreshing would be crucial in what laid in store for the 3 young hippies just around the corner. It would be only moments after leaving the water that everything would change. As they walked around the back of the bus to discover…!!!???!!!???!!!
DurocShark
Samba Member

Location: Crappy town in a crappy state. But the beach is nearby, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

livingbeyondtheveil wrote:
As they walked around the back of the bus to discover…!!!???!!!???!!!

Poop?

Laughing

Keep it up!!!!
vegaluca
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Rez ....... Your playing a blinder dude, Its something I look forward to hearing every evening when I come home from work.
My surfin' budz over here in Ireland are also on this journey with you and have been since the start.
Hang Loose brah Very Happy
thejayman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel so out of the loop. Where can I find the original thread about these guys?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Classifieds Feedback
MrBreeze
Samba Hitman

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, for those who weren't here for the orginal story, sit right back and you'll read a tale:

The Hippy Thread

btw, I locked that thread since we've started this new one.

WTB: Bay Shore or Queensboro VW Frames

HBB 1984-2009
RW 1943-2011
ER 1964-2023
Bottomend
Grease

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rez, baby, ...keep GOING! You are a terriffic writer and we all have been waiting for a week or so... But this is tourture!!

As ironic as it sounds I bet Waterboy had reservations about going in the water. He's kinda... shall we say...a little picky.

On a side note I didn't know that anyone 'cept the author of a thread could lock it. How was someone else able to do it? ( have mercy on me. I'm a complete computer looser)
MrBreeze
Samba Hitman

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bottomend wrote:
Rez, baby, ...keep GOING! You are a terriffic writer and we all have been waiting for a week or so... But this is tourture!!

As ironic as it sounds I bet Waterboy had reservations about going in the water. He's kinda... shall we say...a little picky.

On a side note I didn't know that anyone 'cept the author of a thread could lock it. How was someone else able to do it? ( have mercy on me. I'm a complete computer looser)

Quote:
Moderators: keifernet, MrBreeze

It's your thread, you want it opened again? I just figured it was a done deal and we should leave it the way it is.

HBB 1984-2009
RW 1943-2011
ER 1964-2023
Elwood-Bluesvan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well OK -- my faith has been restored -- really thought it would be in this sometime questionable ciber-world-- I obviously don,t use spell-check for forumes but if you don't -- Rez---you are a great writter and tell the story well. I know the feeling well and geography of the hills you write of and even the cooling waters of the Colorado river. It's your story we want to hear so won't blabber on about mine and Elwoods, in a breakdown in "God forsaken" Needles,Ca. in August.

Please continue soon xoxox Barb and Elwood '69westie weekender
Hippie
Samba Tinner

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for unlocking that, Mr Breeze I had just kind of skimmed over it before. Bottomend is a dude for doing all that! Very Happy
jttosh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya bottomend sounds like a good dude.not to many people like that any more. joe74
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jimmy's Cracked Corn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 3:44 pm    Post subject: cant find the orginal Reply with quote

How do i get to the orignal story, i've never heard of it till now, and hearing all the feedback, there is a deep urning to read the orginal thread. Please.
Bottomend
Grease

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum James. You have a very corney name and I like it.

There is a link to the origenial thread a few post's up. Mr Breeze linked it. Look for "The Hippy Thread"
MrBreeze
Samba Hitman

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bumped it to the top of the list and renamed it "the original"

HBB 1984-2009
RW 1943-2011
ER 1964-2023
DurocShark
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: cant find the orginal Reply with quote

Jimmy's Cracked Corn wrote:
How do i get to the orignal story, i've never heard of it till now, and hearing all the feedback, there is a deep urning to read the orginal thread. Please.

You should change your location to "And I Don't Care"! Laughing

You'll love the original story, but give yourself time to read it all. Sit down with a cuppa and a smoke (either kind, as you like, or none at all), and relax with the story.
livingbeyondtheveil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello my friendly bus buds. I have had a very busy weekended went to chicago...which ill fill you all in on later. I really appreciate the positive feedback and encouragement. Ill be posting tommorow. Just wanted to give you all a heads up. Let you know what was going on. You people rock...rez
Jimmy's Cracked Corn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dam... i've been reading for 2 days now, well 1 and a half, and I'm only on page 9, 20 sumthin to go but my head hurts now gotta take a break. However it tis a truly inspirational tale of human gernerosity, and uncomprimised devotion. Luv ya grease. and shark, and colin, and all the people that contributed in whatever fashion they could im sorry i didnt discover the sambe early i would have done somthing, o well the story should be published, and handed out at VW shows/events, and at all hippy Gatherings. Razz
livingbeyondtheveil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be only moments after leaving the refreshing waters of the Colorado River that everything would change. As they walked around the back of the bus to discover..!!!!???!?!?!?!?!?!?
Oil, that’s right my friends Texas tea, black gold that is. However the discovery of this oil would not be as joyful as it was for our hillbilly friends. You see we had already been through Beverly Hills and were in no hurry to make it back that way. The back of our friend sonset was covered in oil. Well at least at one point I believe it was oil. At this point it was some kind of byproduct between the desert dirt and oil from our engine. Layer upon wind-splattered layer of this strange concoction was caked to the back of our bus. The 3 young hippies just stared in horror at this awful turn of events. A wave of disbelief and confusion swept over the circumstances. We took the obvious plan of action. Disbelief, Denial, anger, depression, and eventually we came to a place of real grieving where we were able to deal properly with our emotions and take steps to correct those things which we could control and accept those things we couldn’t. Of course, being the emotionally stable and spiritually advanced beings that these hippies were this all took place in under 3 seconds. Our first question was where was all this oil coming from? We crawled under the bus to find the point of origin. Of course by “we” I mean leader and myself. Waterboy and just gotten clean and wasn’t going to give that up without a fight. For a while rez and leader stare up at the oil soaked engine staring in amazement. Similar to how you might think a pack of monkeys might examine a computer thrown into their den. We grunted ooed and awed we slapped our chest and jumped up and down. Eventually we came to the conclusion that we pretty much suck at engines. Honestly though who could figure anything out in conditions like this. There was oil dripping off of every part of our engine. We would see a constant drip and begin wiping away oil only to find that it was not the point of origin it was simply access. Defeated but not destroyed we crawled out from under the bus dirty and sweaty once again. It was somehow comforting in some sick and twisted way to know that things were getting back to normal. Honestly you can’t live on the mountaintops. Without the bitter the sweet is never as sweet. If I remember correctly I believe I had to turn away from the others to hide a smile. Before putting on a disgruntled face and turning back to the others. Well where do we go from here…seemed to be the question of the hour…Why the public library of course!! What a simple solution where else would you go when in need of knowledge. We hopped on the forum to talk to our good buddy grease. Now commonly referred to as “the godfather”. He explained that “the source was most likely coming from within” dang! He is deep, even when he isn’t trying to be. So we checked the tail pipe to see if the predictions were true. Not without first checking our emails and chatting with some hot chicks on the Internet….WHATS UP NENI…
Of course the godfathers predictions proved accurate, as if we ever doubted it.
Sure enough the inside of the tail pipe is covered in wet oil.
So we pull up to bubba gumps desert garage service. A one-room brick building with old tires and empty barrels stacked around the outside. An old coon dog lying in sun paws at the dirt out side the door flies buzzing around his head. “I’m not so sure this is a good idea, “ I think to myself. The constant warnings of grease ringing over and over again in my head. Well we are desperate I justify to myself and desperate men will do crazy things. Determined we were just going to get his opinion and we weren’t actually going to let him molest sonset with his clumsy Chevy luvin hands. He just confirmed our fears we had a busted ring and oil was being blown right out our tail pipe. Even to get to the problem would be a chore. This was little more than just a flesh wound and it was going to take some stripping to get to the heart of the matter. The miles and miles of American plains that lay before us seemed to be chanting defeat. The distant cries of mocking were growing louder now, much louder. There was no trace of an anxious smile upon my face now only a growing determination setting in. As I surveyed the faces of my war torn commorades. I looked deep into the eyes of their weather beaten faces. I saw no hesitation I saw no fear only a fire of perseverance begin to burn brighter and brighter until it seemingly consumed their pupils. There is a thin line between courage and insanity. When things are controllable it is good to have a courageous man at your side. When things are impossible and the foxhole is beginning to fill with the blood of fallen soldiers. It is much more comforting to have somebody that is totally insane watching your back. In situations like this logic can be your worst enemy. Thankfully this young group of warriors discarded logic long ago as nothing more than a bridle for the true of heart and the free of spirit. The rest of this trip would be an age-old battle between what is “fact” and the power of a believing heart.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Stories All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: