Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Resurrection of the 3hippies and the green bus
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Forum Index -> Stories Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
livingbeyondtheveil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friends I would like to offer my sincerest apologies for my negligence. Perhaps the long overdue final installment of this story might offer some soothing balm to the wounds inflicted by my delinquency. So with out further ado with tear filled eyes and a heart full of joy I would like to present unto you the conclusion of 3 Hippies and a Green Bus.
Miles of daunting American plains lay stretched out before us. At least we were out of the mountains we consoled ourselves. It didn’t seem to provide too much comfort with the antagonizing circumstances looming over us like a black thundercloud. The parking lot of Bubba Gump’s garage was immediately turned into a war strategy room in which we would attempt to form our best plan of attack against our enemy, time, reason, and fact. I began to drift out of the awareness of my surroundings. The voices of leader and waterboy began to fade as we stood counseling about our situation. Farther and farther I drifted into a trance like state until I could only vaguely see the blurred movements of the mouths of my companions. HOLD EVERYTHING!!!! I shouted as I was transported backwards past millions and millions of stars whizzing by all blurring together into streams of light. Slamming back into my body I gasped and looked around in bewilderment. I got it I exclaimed !!! I’ve just had an epiphany!!! This might seem strange to some groups…but not ours. Waterboy and leader turn relieved and anxious to hear the revelation. SCREW IT !!! Ohhhhhhhhhh they both exclaim in unison. At this point in our journey we were at a place of union in the spirit. What would take and hour of explanation for most could easily be communicated through one word spoken in pure revelation. Revelation is infinitely heavier than mere men’s wisdom and most often completely contradicts it. It in that moment through two seemingly illy spoken words everything was completely decide. There was no need for further explanation; we all knew without a doubt what must be done. We simply do what all busians were born to do…we drive. When in doubt do that which comes through your intuition. This may seem to be a careless act, a throwing caution into the wind sort of thing. When in reality however it was not something decided in haste. On the contrary actually this was a decision came to through careful scrutiny of the situation. A plan formulated and preordained by a divine counsel set into motion before the very foundations of the world were laid. So here we were obediently following the stream of revelation that we had been afforded. We began to drive and drive and drive. To give you some idea of the condition of our bus we were forced to add 4 quarts of oil every 80 miles. In the beginning we bought our oil at gas stations this quickly depleted our funds. Funds by the way which were appropriated by the grace of the VW community. It recently came to my attention that I don’t believe I made mention of this fact in the latest installments of this story so I would like to take a moment to humbly gravel in admiration to all the kind hearted souls that made this story possible through contributions made by viewers like you. I think that last part might have been from a Public Broadcasting System commercial. Anyway the truth is our maiden voyage in Sonset would have never left harbor if not for general donations made by people who in a matter of speaking totally rock. SO the story goes on. We quickly realized that stopping at Wal-marts and buying the large quantities of oil was much less time consuming and much more affordable. So this is how the remainder of our trip went continual pit stops on the side of the highway to refill our engine with that precious lubricant that our engine so desperately needed. I am reminded however of waterboy at one of our fuel fillips leaving the gas cap on the top of the bus. It didn’t have a little string to connect it to the car how was he supposed to know. About 5 minutes after leaving the station he realized that he didn’t have a conscience memory of putting the cap on. So we turned around and scoured the gas station parking lot. For probably 20 minutes discouraged we contemplated shoving a rag inside the hole. Getting a mental image of sonset rolling down the road with a rag in place of a gas cap was more than I could bear. Not after all He had been through would I again allow him to be disgraced be such a ghetto fix. How would you feel if you had a rag for a gas cap? With this newfound motivation we left the gas station rolling slowly down the interstate on the shoulder of the road. When suddenly my eagle eye caught a chrome flash in the grass. Slamming on the breaks…in a manner of speaking waterboy slowed the bus to a stop. Hoping out I retrieved the redeeming gas cap and placed it back in its rightful place. As I turned to walk away from the back of the bus and get back in I faintly heard a sigh of relief coming from sonset. As if to say thank you for making the extra effort. Turning with my love and compassion for sonset stirred. I thought about all he had been through and how brave he had been through the whole ordeal. Our hearts melding together in that moment I gently patted sonsets side knowing I would never leave him I hoped back in the bus.
STAY TUNED for the exciting part two of the final conclusion of 3 Hippies and a Green Bus. COMING SOON!!!!…. Relatively soon…. I promise…no really won’t be that long…. give me a break I'm a slow at typing
DurocShark
Samba Member

Location: Crappy town in a crappy state. But the beach is nearby, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!
dubdork
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

livingbeyondtheveil wrote:

COMING SOON!!!!…. Relatively soon…. I promise…no really won’t be that long…. give me a break I'm a slow at typing

hey no worries hun Smile take your time...we'll all be here...and thanks for this most recent chapter...

p.s. I would feel awful if I had a rag for a gas cap...
daves_ale
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's like some bizarro form of High Plains Drifter.

Will they ever get out of the desert? Maybe in part 3

'66 Euro Beetle 1200A
'71 Single Cab
'78 Westy
'02 Jaguar XK8 convertible
julesherr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

another week and still no conclusion to the story?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Classifieds Feedback
DurocShark
Samba Member

Location: Crappy town in a crappy state. But the beach is nearby, so I have that going for me.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These guys must be related to my wife.

It takes her longer to tell a story than it did to live it too!
vegaluca
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dom Di Dom Dom Dom ...
Don't Bogart the story there Res Cool
DurocShark
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleh. I've given up on them.

If they bother to finish the story fine. Otherwise screw 'em.

(Sorry, but if the amount of work and money that was contributed to their cause isn't enough for them to bother to tell us what happened, I'm not terribly interested.)
EZ Gruv
King of Plaid

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah really...its been 2 weeks with nothing Rolling Eyes
My Photography Page.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dubdork
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should've never told him to take his time Sad
DurocShark
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
livingbeyondtheveil
Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 1:15 pm

Today's date: June 7, 2005 6:12 pm

Rolling Eyes
sailorkh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject: Re: the final chapter to the hippy adventure Reply with quote

livingbeyondtheveil wrote:
. but these hippies pass on grass, so they grabbed some incense and hit the road.

Perhaps they have rediscovered an old friend </////>~~~
Bottomend
Grease

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What can I say guys?! I was hopeing for a fitting end to this sucker too. I MADE them promise to tell everybody what happened. I guess that only works in 7th grade....
EZ Gruv
King of Plaid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you pinky swear? It only counts if you pinky swear!
My Photography Page.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
langsmer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It just so happens to be THE FRIGGIN 14'TH OF JUNE!
jimmynotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I recently 'discovered' the original 32 page thread and it took four nights of reading to get through it... I still have 6 pages to go. I guess the type 3 forum has been kinda slow... Anyway, does anyone still have the pics from the original posts? (circa sept. 2004) I clicked on the links and they are gone, and I searched in the gallery and to no avail.

BTW- this was the best story i read in a long time- until it crapped out. Shocked Grease, I aspire to your greatness.

my wonderful loving supportive wife wrote:
You guys are dorks.

1965 1500-S Notchback --"Maggy"
1971 Type 2 Double Cab --"George"
TOOB member #2
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DurocShark
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DurocShark wrote:
Quote:
livingbeyondtheveil
Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 1:15 pm

Today's date: June 7, 2005 6:12 pm

Rolling Eyes

Today's date: Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:15 am
EZ Gruv
King of Plaid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to give it up. Crying or Very sad Rolling Eyes
My Photography Page.
logus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NNNOOOOOOOOO, Pleaseeeeee
We need more

Viva Venezuela
vegaluca
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have given up on ye,
Hippys ... I don't think so ... Rolling Eyes
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Stories All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: