Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

splitpile - [email protected] - Ronnie - Bustoration
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: splitpile
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: September 02, 2022
Dave24
Samba Hack Purist

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject: splitpile - [email protected] - Ronnie - Bustoration Reply with quote

Ronnie, MANY THANKS for doing our deal EXACTLY as we set it up. Every thing went off as set with you and I truly appreciate it all. After talking with you, telling you what I was after, and you not only delivering the goods on time, overpacked,(a good thing), and condition as described,(cherry), I just wanted to say thanks , thanks ,and thanks!Surgery is next mon. or tues. I would deal with you again,in a heartbeat. I'll shoot you some photo's of the before/after. D.R. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by Dave24 on Thu May 26, 2005 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Stanagon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I need a part for my split bus, I call Ronnie first. The German front windsheild gaskets he sold me are keeping me and my bus DRY! He knows his parts and doesn't deal in BS. I'll be buying more stuff from him in the future.

-Stan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jvolks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronnie did the deal I had with him in the same fashion.
VERY good seller and i will be dealing with him many times in the future
Thanks Ronnie Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Yustrn
JHC Controla

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always treated me real well, a super help when trying to find a rare part for your ride.
Jerry J
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've placed two orders with Ronnie and have been super pleased with the stuff that I got.

I needed a 6 volt to 12 volt armature for the wiper motor in my '60 single cab. They had become impossible to find but Ronnie sent me the one that he had in his personal stash. Maybe because it doesn't rain in Phoenix? Laughing Anyway that's first-class customer care. Thank you Ronnie!

'58 Bug
'63 KGhia
'67 Squareback
'67 Standard Bus
'60 Single cab
octavionegroponte
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have dealt with Ronnie before and it turned out well aside from some shipping damage which he offered to fix.
This time however did not turn out so good. I was in the market for a new set of little round rearview mirrors for my panel. I had talked to him about the mirrors in the past and he told me about some Taiwanese mirrors that even had a VW part number stamped on the back for $25 a piece. Yesterday, about a month past when we first discussed the mirrors, I called him to see if he still had them available. He told me he had ten sets left, still at $25 a piece, and that I had better hurry before he ran out. I let him know that I was going to get a set. My dad called back the next day(today) to order them(I do not have a credit card) but he was told by Ronnie that they were now $30 dollars a piece and they no longer had the part number stamped on the back. I called Ronnie and he told me that he had given me the wrong price yesterday(He told me the "wrong price" twice and for such a high volume product I would think that he would know the price). He then added that he was going to continue to raise the price as if he thought I was still going to buy them!
I did not buy them and will never purchase anything from him or OldVolks.com ever again.
It is not right to do business like that. If you are going to agree upon a price it should be stuck to, not jacked up a day later especially for just $10.
Mark Evans Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to hear Ronnie's side of this...
octavionegroponte
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to hear his side to.
I guess he has nothing to say.
splitpile
Samba's Worst Speller

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I didn't respond earlier I just saw this.

Yes I raised the price of the mirrors. I am now out of them. There are some people that are easy to deal with and some that aren't, playing price tag between you and your dad on a few occasions is one of them.
If you wanted them that bad your dad should have stepped up and ordered them when he spoke to me (which I'm glad he didn't as I tried to get more right after speaking to him and couldn't).
Yes I used to sell them at 25 dollars (the NON logoed ones). When you called and I told you 30 dollars is because I only had a couple left and my replacement cost went way up and as of today I have not been able to get any more of them.
I don't consider this any lose or price deception, prices can change daily depending on the dollar (exchange rate) and other cost incured when importing. We adjust prices on items on a daily basis in todays economy and supply chain.

I ALSO told you you can get a quality mirror from WW for 20 dollars each and suggested that you can get them from there or from me (I also stock those)
You choose to go to WW and get them which is fine by me and I'm sure your happy with your purchase, that's what counts.

As for your damaged part, I SENT a call tag to retrieve the item and offered a FULL refund. You choose not to send the item back. That is the ONLY dealings we have ever had besides the MIRROR fiasco.

Also to start to slam a company you've dealt with once, specially being a NEW BUS owner is not a good start in the bus world in my opinion.

But what can I say, 1 unhappy customer after 15 years of doing bus parts isn't bad.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
fergus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronnie donates the brakes every year for our club's raffle bus. Contacted him earlier this week about some parts we still need and before I could buy them he DONATED them as well! The crowd at his booth at Jerome is proof enough that he knows his business and is a square dealer. About the only bad thing with him is he'll drink all your N/A after you pass out!

http://www.arizonabusclub.com

An Arizona-based, family-oriented club, dedicated to the restoration, preservation, and enjoyment of the Volkswagen Transporter. Plus we drink a lot of beer.

You are receiving this email because you are watching the topic, "Wood U Hit It? (Possibly NSFW)" at TheSamba.com.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
octavionegroponte
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all you told me I could get the LOGOED ones for $25. Also I do not see telling someone one price and having them call back to purchace the part at that price only to be told they are now a higher price "price wars." That's just you trying to capatalize more on me. I did buy one mirror from WW but it started rusting where the WW logo is on the back, not a quality part if you ask me.

I never trashed you for the klassicfab order.

I am also not a new bus owner. I have no idea where you got that from.
I am 20 and going to college. At the time of the order I did not have a credit card and my dad had to place the order for me. The order was sent to my dad's house because that is where I work on my BUSES. I have been a bus owner for 5 years and currently own 3.
splitpile
Samba's Worst Speller

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

octavionegroponte wrote:
First of all you told me I could get the LOGOED ones for $25. .

I NEVER sold the logoed ones for 25 dollars each, to anyone any where.
The plan ones yes WERE 25, till I discovered the new cost and fees to import again, thus the price increas. It's like when you miss a sale and still expect the sale price.

Quote:
Just you trying to capatalize more on me. .

WHY would I need to CAPITALIZE on you. I have a VERY GOOD business and 10 dollars isn't that much to cry over. I have a huge customer base and I guess there's a time when one won't be pleased. At least I didn't take your money and ship nothing!

Quote:
I never trashed you for the klassicfab order..

No but your dad sure complained to me numerous times about the ONE part you bought that was damaged in shipment and insisted on returning it, THUS the call tag sent (which I have to pay for wether used or not).

Quote:
I am also not a new bus owner. I have no idea where you got that from.
I am 20 and going to college..

Your dad, also telling me this is your first attempt at body work on your first split window.

You failed to mention all the help I offered (to your dad) to assist you in NOT screwing stuff up and the rotten ATTITUDE the couple times I personally talked to you, even though when you weren't happy, I directed you to where you could get what you needed.

Good luck on your project and I'm sure there are other vendors you'll like to deal with.

THE END
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
60freak
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've bought and sold stuff from/to Ronnie for many years and have enjoyed doing business with him. He is a straight shooter and a valuable asset to the VW community, he knows his stuff about VW's and I would highly recommend OldVolks anyday. Half of my bus is built with his parts on it, from the rubbers to the transmission and I couldn't be happier. Thanks again OldVolks.
campingbox Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been buying parts from Ronnie for years.
DaveM
Mad Samba Scientist

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've bought a number of items from Ronnie over the past years and have never had a bad deal. Matter of fact, I think I owe him some cash for a trade a long time ago but I can never figure out just how much... nor will he ever give me a final figure. Someday it will work out.

Thanks go to Ronnie for the years of service to the VW/Bus community.
chance
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

should have bought the part for the extra five bucks..

if you cant afford the five bucks then you dont need em.

Embarassed
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

splitpile wrote:

Also to start to slam a company you've dealt with once, specially being a NEW BUS owner is not a good start in the bus world in my opinion.

i've bought stuff from ronnie. he's always been fair and honest. ships right away too. the man runs a business and treats it like a business.

Quote:
mannys66: South Philly Van Club, only the most influential and freshest van club in the vw scene
Quote:
Cuņado: Chrome will get you home!!!!!!!!!!
RINC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have dealt with Ronnie for years an have never had a problem.

He did get mad at me when I didnt return his N/A beer. Good stuff.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Miamitype2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what it is worth.... I have known Ronnie for easily 8-10 years in either brief communication, or most recently, extensive work on my double cab. Ronnie is beyond fair, concerned about his customers, extremely helpful, and caring. My current project threw both of us for a loop, and Ronnie shipped a part free of charge, to help see if we could resolve it... who or what company would ever do such a thing??
Give us all a break octavio.... Ronnie is so well known, respected and trusted, your case seems absolutely silly. Especially when his efforts to correct it were above and beyond expectations.
Thanks Ronnie for your advice, help and quality work.

Chris
splitpile
Samba's Worst Speller

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the props. I try to do my best to make EVERYONE happy.
I have been expanding my business and will be debuting BUSTORATION @ Buses by the Bridge with an open house and BBQ before the start of the POKER RUN.
With-out the support of all the SPLIT BUS owners out there I would be gone.
Over the last few years I have been expanding the splitbus biz and slowing down on the other stuff I do.
I do have a FULL AIR COOLED only service facility and needed to expand to make more room for splitbus only parts and work.
Believe me it's hard to compete against the big boys (WW,WCM, CIP1 and a couple others), but I do believe my knowelage, willingness to help and not afraid to send you wherever to get what you need has helped with the growth.
I have always put pride in knowing I sell the BEST part available from whoever I feel makes the best of that part (there's NOTHING that I sell I haven't used) and am always looking for new parts and manufacturers.
In the backround I have been heavily involved with getting obsolete bus parts made, maybe not as good as OG or NOS but at least a very usable part.

I am looking forward to helping many of you in the future and look forward to the chatts at the different shows I attend.

Again myself and my wife would like to thank you for your continued support.

Been in the same location for 13 years and planto be at least another 10.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: