Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

W-120 or 125 suitable for a 2276 in a light sandrail?
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
TimberwolfZ28
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 10:38 am    Post subject: W-120 or 125 suitable for a 2276 in a light sandrail? Reply with quote

I was originally thinking I would use a w110 in the 1915, but since I needed a new crank afterall I might as well go big.
I know the 125 might be on the big side, especially for a smaller displacement motor, but I was thinking with the larger motor I have going, it might be better suited.
What do you think?
BattleShipBus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what ratio of rockers? What carb configuration are you running and what valve sizes?
TimberwolfZ28
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BattleShipBus wrote:
what ratio of rockers? What carb configuration are you running and what valve sizes?

rockers havent been purchased yet. In it's 1915cc configuration, the motor has a single weber 40 DCNF. I keep reading that a single carb is best for off road. BUT, that being said, I am thinking of going EFI for the new motor.

heads I have now are ported 041 with dual springs and only slightly oversized valves. But I am thinking of selling them and buying a set of these from CB:
044 MAGNUM with 40 x 35.5mm S/S valves, Dual Super Rev Springs, Chromoly Retainers, & Sure-Grip Locks (Mahle 94mm bore)
philip1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the dcnf a berg special?? and i can tell you now if ya goin off roading then get a diff carb to the dcnf, petrol wit spill out the emulsion tubes wen bouncin round or harsh conering.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: