Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

My first car was a....
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Stories Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dauz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1984 Mustang GT 5.0
VWLooseNuts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

74 scirocco
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MLTIGGER2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1969 VW Beetle bought for $500 in 1987
VOLKSWAGNUT
Fastest VW Belt Changer

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

64 Beetle ,metal crank sunroof. $100 bucks for the car in 1983. Father and son project. Memories that last a lifetime. Was loaned money to complete the project by 1987 and paid back every dime.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Its about the going not the showing
Rebuilt to drive not decorate
WANTED: Local Eatin' Joints, Triple D for TheSamba contributions here http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=570510
Search "VOLKSWAGNUT" on YouTube since you cant watch a "certain" BELT change video round here
Usually and often edited
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Rooikat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

98 Mazda Ettude with low profile tires. My grandfather bought it new, then my aunt inherited it, then my dad and when I got my license it was mine. Loved that car, we have a mountain pass near our home. That car stuck like glue to the road which meant I was faster down that pass than many of those fancy cars' drivers dared

Then I was the black sheep who sold it and bought to beetle, the family forgave when they laid eyes on them.
UsherBug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

89 Jeep Cherokee. Damn I love those 4.0 Liter Straight 6's. I had to get rid of it though because of an electrical issue I couldn't solve. I needed a car that would get me to school reliably. Luckily, my brother sold me his 89 Toyota Pickup for $1500.

One day I'd love to get another Cherokee from that era and fix it up enough to have fun in.
Randall
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: My first car was a.... Reply with quote

1963 Rambler Classic 660 wagon with the smallest 6 cylinder offered. It was the first car I had access to after getting my driver's license at 16. My dad was nice enough to let me drive it to high school 7 miles away for my Junior and Senior years.

The first car I owned was the car I still have -- my '63 Notch which I bought from my brother in 1971. I had put something like 390,000 miles on it when I stopped the annual registration in 2004. Some day I will get it back on the road, just don't ask me when. I have owned only two other cars since then, one of which is my daily driver.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jinx758
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:57 am    Post subject: Re: My first car was a.... Reply with quote

1976 Chevy Beauville van ... think city bus with rear doors.
Two removable bench seats, dual air, and about 11 miles per gallon downhill with a tailwind. Oh wait, there are no hills in Corpus Christi, Tx.

Paid $1 for it from my Dad in 1986 as a high school graduation present (still owe him that dollar) who bought it new. Traded it for a '73 faded metallic purple / off white interior tall Lite beer tap shifter knobbed Super Beetle which was promptly repoed after 3 mos due to non payment. SIGH !

Best regards ... jinx

It's not unlike the same difference

You can't push a rope

VALVES (cold)
CARB (fully warmed engine)

SCRAPE ALL GROUNDS

My Craigslist rescued 100 footer :
1971 Standard Bug
1776cc dual port
034 distributor
38mm EGAS Carburetor
Murmsk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:41 am    Post subject: Re: My first car was a.... Reply with quote

1959 karman Ghia. Paid $59 pans and heater channels were solid but front quarters and air vents were rotted. Engine ran strong but popped outa 1st gear. Welded and bonded myself to a usable car. Driven for a year or so and sold it to buy a 46 Jeep which I still have.

Bought a 70 square Back to drive to and from school. This was a great car!!!

Now have a 70 vert

S
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
madmike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: My first car was a.... Reply with quote

65 chevy bisquine , 6 banger 2 speed powerglide,,4 door,,, 6 drive in speakers and an 8 track Laughing
76 Drag/Street bug 2180cc 'Turbo' 11:85 @113 mph"If I go any faster I'll burn up the Hamster" ,gets 28 mpg. also 10/09/22 11.90 @115 mph
"If I'm ever on Life Support,UNPLUG Me, Then Plug me back In see if that Works"
Tom snowden
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: My first car was a.... Reply with quote

68 VW bus bought in 73, $600 bucks with shag carpet if that rings a bell. Didn’t want the old split window😮
Jimone
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:24 pm    Post subject: Re: My first car was a.... Reply with quote

1979 mustang w a 2.3L 4 banger. that bad boy had 88hp when it left the factory. fox body with all the speed of a lawn mower. i loved that hunk of junk.
olorin67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:04 am    Post subject: Re: My first car was a.... Reply with quote

1973 Imperial Lebaron 4 door hardtop. Leather interior, dual air conditioning with automatic climate control.,power vent windows, 7.2 liter V8, and 5300 lbs. Still own it. Bought it for $150. First VW was a tired 67 bug, then a 74 412 wagon, then a 1980 rabbit diesel with a half million miles. A 1985 Scirocco, and a 2002 beetle TDI. Now own a 74 Love bug edition identical to the one my family owned when I was a kid.
ElStiemo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:29 am    Post subject: Re: My first car was a.... Reply with quote

First Car was a 1985 1.3 CitiGolf. Got it in 1991. The CitiGolf was a South Africa Special where VW continued selling the Golf 1 in refreshed Colour schemes as an entry level VW while the Golf 2 was already being sold.
Hobug Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:26 am    Post subject: Re: My first car was a.... Reply with quote

1973 Olds 88 2 door. Green with tan vinyl top. All my buddies had go fast cars but when a group of us wanted to go somewhere guess who's car they wanted to take?
72 Super
63 Bug
Ceckert64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: My first car was a.... Reply with quote

My first car I bought was my 64 Beetle. Then I started restoring that with help from my dad. Then I bought my 1970 Squareback, resurrected it and took my drivers test in it. The Squareback was more of the first car in essence since that’s what I drove when I turned 16 and got my license.
“Fitz” 1971 Westfalia Poptop
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sportin-wood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: My first car was a.... Reply with quote

1968 VW Beetle AutoStick with sunroof I bought around 1985 for $100, complete but not running.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

"Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman. He's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it." --- Jeff Spicoli

Last edited by sportin-wood on Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Bonesberg55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:05 am    Post subject: Re: My first car was a.... Reply with quote

First car was a 1964 Rambler American 440(model not displacement) 2 door coupe. This was the upscale model with automatic and 2-bbl 196 CID. Gas mileage was excellent as I recall. Steering was tough as there was no power assist even available. It helped to have smaller diameter tires in front and pumped up.
MuzzcoVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:18 am    Post subject: Re: My first car was a.... Reply with quote

1969 chevy nova
Bonesberg55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:06 am    Post subject: Re: My first car was a.... Reply with quote

MuzzcoVW wrote:
1969 chevy nova

Was it a 396 L78 by any chance?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Stories All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
Jump to:
Page 17 of 18

Jump to: