Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Vintage Auto Werks - [email protected] - Dan
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Vintage Auto Werks1
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: March 24, 2024
slowvolks1969
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great seller! I bought a part from Dan & he shipped it the same day I paid. Part was just as described. Thanks again!
OvalDude54
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Dan Scott Reply with quote

Excellent! Great communications and delivery of parts. Thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
alesocc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: switches...rip off Reply with quote

I paid this guy thru paypal on May 1st 2013 for the samba ad #:1437540 headlight and wiper switch lot...... Up to today's day have not recieved my items. I have contact this guy in several times without any sucess.

He is even still advertisng the switches despite I have already paid for it. Really BAD SELLER........

Just looking forward to get my money back...... Be CAREFULL new buyers Twisted Evil
Vintage Auto Werks1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The buyer sent a payment to my Paypal without any communication letting me know he was sending a payment no emails or anything. It's swap season and the parts were packed away for swap meets. Buyer contacted me last week and I failed to get them out in the mail in a timely manor. Payment has already been refunded.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
myklsmyth
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purchased a handle from Dan. Good communication, packaging, and prompt shipment. Thanks!
pyrobus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Vintage Auto Werks - [email protected] - Dan Reply with quote

Purchased a couple items from Dan the other day.

I got a good deal and was able to pick up the items locally.

This is not my first deal with Dan and I have always been pleased!

Thanks!

Mike
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan is da Man! Cool used items, just as described, and a super nice guy to boot! Never seen him without a nice smile on his face either. One of the good guys! Thanks Rasta!

Bill
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tochtli83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great piece at a great price.

Thanks
VW_Buggsy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought a VDO Quartz-Zeit clock from Dan. Overall I'm really pleased and wouldn't hesitate to buy from him again.

The bad (Minor stuff):
It took a while to get here. I paid on 9/28 and ship date is 10/13. Not really a big deal for me. I'm fairly patient but might be a turn off for others to wait a couple weeks for something to ship out. It's not like I discussed it being urgent or anything, it wasn't.

The packaging could have been better. The clock was packed with plastic air pillow things which the pointy parts of the clock (probably immediately) popped leaving the clock to bounce around free inside the box. Paper or peanuts or something might have been a better choice. But hey, it got here alright so I guess I have no beef.

The good:
Great price, $8 plus $6 shipping was super reasonable compared to the same part in other listings.

Listed as "untested" which always makes me nervous (I fear some use the term to cover up already KNOWING things don't work Smile ). It turns out the clock works great so it must have been just as described & I got lucky!

Picture in ad was item I got, no BS.

Pretty good communication.

So like I said, overall I'm really pleased and wouldn't hesitate to buy from him again. The "bad" stuff is super minor in my book. Treat folks like this good folks. Selling this stuff is more hassle than it's worth and when they stop bothering because people can't be chill and reasonable we're all going to have a hard time!
Vintage Auto Werks1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for leaving feedback and I am sorry it took as long as it did to ship out. Sometimes life just gets in the way. Yes it could of been wrapped better. I usually wrap the item and then put other packing material to protect. For whatever reason I did not do it this time. I am glad it made it to you and it works and you are overall happy with the sale.
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage Auto Werks - [email protected] - Dan Reply with quote

Hi Dan,

The Holcomb t-shirt arrived safely and looks great! Man, I sure miss them! Thanks for taking that on and providing us a great shirt and more memories of them!

Bill Bowman
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
frehstan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:56 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage Auto Werks - [email protected] - Dan Reply with quote

Met Dan,

To pick up the ignition switch from him. Looks as described. Nice guy to business with ad would have stopped to chat if not for the rain
'56 Ghia Gazelle
'64 Sunroof Beetle
ricekooker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:50 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage Auto Werks - [email protected] - Dan Reply with quote

Great seller. I asked a ton of questions which I know can be annoying but Dan happily answered them. He worked with me on transport and the bus was in better shape than I expected. Thanks again, Dan.
Hansolo99
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage Auto Werks - [email protected] - Dan Reply with quote

EVERYTHING arrived SAFE AND SOUND. Many Thanks!!
Buggeee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage Auto Werks - [email protected] - Dan Reply with quote

As described and GREAT price. Thanks Dan!
SnowDaySyncro wrote:
Every setback is an opportunity to learn stuff and to buy new tools.
Gray Oval Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage Auto Werks - [email protected] - Dan Reply with quote

Have purchased the engine compartment seal tool from Dan / a must have tool / very well made / cheers ~
booch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage Auto Werks - [email protected] - Dan Reply with quote

Great seller and tool!

I purchased the engine compartment channel seal tool and it made quick work of the job. Nicely made and for less than $20 it was a steal!

Thanks again Dan!
Junkyardjockey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage Auto Werks - [email protected] - Dan Reply with quote

I sent the funds for the tool on Aug 18; I have received no communication from the seller since. No acknowledgement of payment, no tracking number; and my email reply is unanswered. I will give this seller another week.
2022 Subaru Outback Limited XT in crystal white pearl
2022 Subaru Outback Limited XT in cinnamon brown pearl
Kalapaki Papa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage Auto Werks - [email protected] - Dan Reply with quote

A positive experience! Large lot of T2 parts arrived quickly & everything as expected. My busses and I appreciate you!
61 L380 sedan
62 SO33 L380
63 standard micro
63 cabrio
64 KG coupe
64 sedan
66 sedan
67 beetle
70 empi GTV
70 VWOA Formula Vee
73 Economotors super beetle
74 GSR / German look rally tribute super beetle
76 cabrio
& a bunch of non-vw rolling stock parked in and around the barn. Just can’t help myself!
Junkyardjockey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:54 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage Auto Werks - [email protected] - Dan Reply with quote

Junkyardjockey wrote:
I sent the funds for the tool on Aug 18; I have received no communication from the seller since. No acknowledgement of payment, no tracking number; and my email reply is unanswered. I will give this seller another week.

A bit late on my part, but I did eventually get the channel seal tools I ordered; and they appear to be very good quality. A friendly tip to the seller if he reads this: better communication from you would help immensely, along with providing tracking numbers. Thanks!
2022 Subaru Outback Limited XT in crystal white pearl
2022 Subaru Outback Limited XT in cinnamon brown pearl
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: