Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Me and my RV, Vanagon, Westy Plumbing With pictures!!!
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
tarandusVDub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a related note, I accidentally ripped my ancient water supply hose to the onboard tank when I was replacing the outside receptacles. It looks like the cabinets would need to be pulled to replace that hose, no?

Anyone have a source for replacing the blue hose? I haven't been able to find it from the usual suppliers.
dobryan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or you could just fill the tank from inside at the top of the tank... it's what I do. Cool

Here is that blue flex hose.
http://www.gowesty.com/ec_view_details.php?id=20100&category_id=128&category_parent_id=

(PDX posted while I was editing my post to add the GoWesty link... Smile )

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive." Robert Louis Stevenson

MD>Canada>AK>WA>OR>CA>AZ>UT>WY>SD
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=620646

Building a bus for travel in Europe (euroBus)
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=695371

The Western Syncro build
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=746794

Last edited by dobryan on Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
PDXWesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tarandusVDub wrote:
On a related note, I accidentally ripped my ancient water supply hose to the onboard tank when I was replacing the outside receptacles. It looks like the cabinets would need to be pulled to replace that hose, no?

Anyone have a source for replacing the blue hose? I haven't been able to find it from the usual suppliers.

GoWesty
http://www.gowesty.com/ec_view_details.php?id=20100&category_id=127&category_parent_id=
kamzcab86
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tarandusVDub wrote:
It looks like the cabinets would need to be pulled to replace that hose, no?

Nope. Just tape it well to the old hose and pull it through. The clamp at the tank is a bit of a PITA, but no need to remove the cabinetry.
2016 Golf GTI S
"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance." - 孔子
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tarandusVDub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, and thanks for the link. I searched their site but didn't come up with that result.

So if you pull the tank from inside so you can access the point of attachment at the tank itself, then you can pull the taped hoses through. Sounds easy!

Thanks Kamz!
The Skylight Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Delta Six - original camper parts Reply with quote

tarandusVDub wrote:

We can help you with any questions regarding your camper hook up parts. We've resurrected the original molds and have made several updates to them.

We also still supply the hose connection and P-Trap and drain connections...along with water level sensors etc

Contact us any time! We love hearing from Volks!
Gibsons, BC Canada
604-740-1018
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kamzcab86
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tarandusVDub wrote:
So if you pull the tank from inside so you can access the point of attachment at the tank itself, then you can pull the taped hoses through. Sounds easy!

Thanks Kamz!

Simply pull the shelf out of the right cabinet/bin (from up top) and there's the fill hose, in the same section as the electrical outlet wiring and such. Wink
2016 Golf GTI S
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tarandusVDub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Skylightguy and Kamz ~ my weekend project!
kingbob1000
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Issue Reply with quote

Anyone know of a link or forum that goes in depth on installing hook ups on a vanagon. Since I happen to buy one that was not a camper model. I am having to fix the damage from another and want to do it the right way. Much appreciated
The Skylight Guy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:05 am    Post subject: Re: Issue Reply with quote

kingbob1000 wrote:
Anyone know of a link or forum that goes in depth on installing hook ups on a vanagon. Since I happen to buy one that was not a camper model. I am having to fix the damage from another and want to do it the right way. Much appreciated

We manufacture the OEM hook ups, please contact us for assistance...
We are working on an installation guide for folks, just not ready yet.
Gibsons, BC Canada
604-740-1018
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
a00318070
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Faucet blows fuse when I use freshwater tank but city works Reply with quote

Hello, This information is all very helpful, but I've been searching around and cannot figure out what needs to be fixed on my sink. It worked 2 weeks ago when I bought the van but now it blows the fuse every time I turn the knob on the faucet. I'm not sure what is broke? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks a lot. By the way its a 1991 Vanagon GL Camper.
Timwhy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Faucet blows fuse when I use freshwater tank but city wo Reply with quote

a00318070 wrote:
Hello, This information is all very helpful, but I've been searching around and cannot figure out what needs to be fixed on my sink. It worked 2 weeks ago when I bought the van but now it blows the fuse every time I turn the knob on the faucet. I'm not sure what is broke? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks a lot. By the way its a 1991 Vanagon GL Camper.

Sounds like your faucet is worn out. Replace it with an original model or upgrade to a shurflo!
'91 Tin Top
'90 Cabby
What the Westy wants the Westy GETS

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_search.php?search_author=Timwhy&show_results=summary

http://www.youtube.com/user/TIMWHY2?feature=mhee
PDXWesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Faucet blows fuse when I use freshwater tank but city wo Reply with quote

Timwhy wrote:
a00318070 wrote:

Sounds like your faucet is worn out. Replace it with an original model or upgrade to a shurflo!

My guess is the pump went bad.
kamzcab86
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Faucet blows fuse when I use freshwater tank but city wo Reply with quote

a00318070 wrote:

Consult your original topic: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=564482 . Wink
2016 Golf GTI S
Bruce Picton
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:40 am    Post subject: water tank Reply with quote

Can the water tank be plugged where the water supply line goes out to the Delta Six?..What is used to plug it? Cheri and Trevor..do you have new tanks(or used) ones for sale?...Has anyone moved there tank?
TNjohn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am trying to replace my sink water pump. The old pump wires (blue and brown) met the other wires in a plastic box (photos on previous page). I can not get into this box. Do I simply splice the new wires to the old ones that enter the box, or is there a better solution?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Timwhy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pry the wires out of the plastic on the blue green side and put new connectors on the new wires
'91 Tin Top
'90 Cabby
What the Westy wants the Westy GETS

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_search.php?search_author=Timwhy&show_results=summary

http://www.youtube.com/user/TIMWHY2?feature=mhee
rotaecho
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it working Very Happy Thanks for the reply!
jerryherb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Me and my RV, Vanagon, Westy Plumbing With pictures!!! Reply with quote

i recently became an owner of mostly renovated 83 aircooled westy and am trying to finish the job. there are a few minor details that needed attention and im in the process of re-engineering the dashboard as well as making the fridge/water/battery panel fully functional. it turns out the all that was needed to repair the panel LEDs was cleaning the op-amps as through the years dust/dirt caused cross-shorts between the op-amp "feet" causing the low water as well as amber-red battery LEDs to glow regardless of battery/water level. if you have experienced strange behavior with the FWB panel i would recommend mechanical cleaning of the LM324Ns first.

anyway, i extensively referenced to the bentley and found a comment there that low level of water should cut the power to the pump to prevent it from running dry, however that is not happen in my camper. i replaced the broken delta with a shurflo and it does cause the pump to turn on regardless of the water level. its a submersible pump and has 4 connectors on the outside of the tank (1 black ground, white,yellow,green). all test fine and light up the equivalent LEDs on the panel, but no pump shut off takes place.

my panel has the green fridge-on LED and it appears that the battery level and the fridge light run off the op-amp on the right and the water level runs of the op-amp on the left. i dont see how the pump shut off once the water is low is supposed to work by looking at the bentley diagram.

any help would be greatly appreciated. all cabinet wiring appears original and not altered in any way. pictures attached.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

please correct me if im wrong, but looking at the picture above it appears that the black wire is ground. the white wire feeds from the pilot light indicator. green is the voltage from the water tank level sensors. orange wire is +12v and the yellow jumper wire feeds +12v directly to the pump yellow cable through the faucet switch completely bypassing the FWB panel circuitry. i dont see how the current/factory wiring can shut the pump when water low level is detected as the other cable at the pump (picture 1) is just black/ground.

GreenMachineVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Me and my RV, Vanagon, Westy Plumbing With pictures!!! Reply with quote

I am pretty sure that only the very early panels cut off the pump, and maybe even only the ones with the pump under the sink and not in the tank: the ones without a fridge light on the bottom left. Like you, I don't see how that could work on the new ones.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: