Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Dissatisfied with [email protected]
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: DannyZ
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Yesterday
TL1000R
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:41 pm    Post subject: Dissatisfied with [email protected] Reply with quote

I've been buying parts from TheSamba website for some time now and my experiences have always been positive until recently when I attempted to buy a swamp cooler from MrHanover. When I first emailed him (on Fri. June 22nd) to agree on a price within a couple of days I informed him that I would be sending him a Money Order on Tuesday the 28th, Well on Wednesday I emailed him to let him know that I had the Money Order and that it was going out, he replied to me on Thursday with a "thanks" later that day he emails me back telling me that he sold the cooler the weekend before. My problem is that I can not believe that he was going to take my money knowing that he had already sold the part. Now I have a postal Money Order with his name on it that I have to jump through hoops to try to get my money back. My mistake was not checking the feedback section on him. Be aware of his dishonesty.

P.S. I asked around northern CA to see if anyone knew of him and apperently he is know as "dirty Dan"
Warren Taylor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject: Also disattisfied witn him!!! Reply with quote

I am new to Samba and I had the unfortunate first time luck with purchasing some parts from Mr. Danny Zepeda. I tried to buy some chrome window vents from him he had posted on Samba classifieds. After e-mailing my address and sending him a Post Office money order with my address on it, I did not get my parts until I e-mailed him on the status. He replied saying he needed my home address and blamed me for not sending it to him. So he retaliated by shipping only one of the parts. When I contacted him about shipping the other part, he refused to quoting "I am not paying for shipping out of my pocket". So yes, everyone needs to be aware of this guys poor internet business practices. I will never do business with this guy again.
Bruce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's some history on Danny:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=41328

I know for a fact that Danny does read these posts. When I ran into him at Pomona in Apr -- let's just say he wasn't pleased about what I said.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Warren Taylor
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce, thanks for that string. Sounds like a lot of people have learned the same lesson I did. It's too bad, I like to think that I can trust someone who has the same interest in VWs as I have.
Mark Evans Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Postal m/o with another persons name on it can easily be cashed at the Post Office by the purchaser. They simply write "unused" on it, then give you your money back.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Sonnenblume
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:15 am    Post subject: Danny is a Good Guy Reply with quote

I have nothing bad to say about Danny. He offered a cot that I couldn't find anywhere else, we agreed on the price, I listened to his side of these complaints against him, and ordered the item.

It arrived in good time and the quality was above what he described and more than I could have expected. Someone will say that my exchange with Danny Z is limited, and I would agree. It is limited to a good experience that I would wish on anyone.

Thanks Danny! Very Happy

A Midwestern 76 Westy
bucko
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel better in reading some of these posts about "Danny"; I had inquired and agreed to purchase an NOS Thing wiper blade. Danny informed me he did not take pay pal, and that a U.S. Post Office money order was what he would accept as payment. I agreed to pay this way. However, I was unable to get out that afternoon to the post office on time (as I had told him I would), so I emailed him the very next morning and told him I did not want to delay him, and I apologized. He responded that he had turned down another offer (after mine) and that he did not want me to bother him any more, and he never wanted to do business with me. Again, I felt bad and explained that I was teaching a class at a college, and did not get the post office that day. He responded rather rude again and said not to ever bother him again.

No problem. Sounds like this charactor has a big problem. I would never do any business with him, and I'd suggest all those that read these responses take heed with his poor attutude.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: