Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Why does my Dune Buggy body tilt?
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
briceb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:19 am    Post subject: Why does my Dune Buggy body tilt? Reply with quote

I recently purchased a 71' pan that I had shortened and a 2" lift kit added. When I put the body back on the pan (for the first time) I get this wierd tilt to the back of the body. It is 2-3" higher on one side than the other! How do I fix this? Is there an adjustment that can be made to the torsion/springs? The body is NOT warped as I had it on an older pan before and it looked great (no tilt).

Motor sits level and the front end of the buggy looks good! Question

Thanx a bunch!
bljones
Resident Wit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

quick check: get out a tape measure and measure the distance between the swingplates and the otp of the shock towers on each side. if there is a difference, there is your problem: time to re-index the torsion bars. if the measurements are the same, then you have some pan/body twist. Sometimes a body will develop some twist/sag when moved from one pan to another, or it may have been tweaked to fit the old pan which was a little out of square, so now you have to 're-tweak' it to fit the new pan.
sometimes it is as simple as adding some washers/shims, spacers under the body.

Did you bolt it down to the body mounts on the rear shock towers? if so, did you use rubber pads on both sides?
Author of Original Rant #1
"It stingd itself to dead... now that is control on you"

2%
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: