Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Question About BRM'S
Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shubee2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:10 am    Post subject: Question About BRM'S Reply with quote

Hello Everyone Dose anyone know what differences between the Flat 4 Brm's and the Brm's made by Midland?? I know what the Flat 4 Brm's are like but have never seen the Midland BRM's I Have Been Told The Midland BRM's Look Better Please Let Me Know Thanks ..
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Classifieds Feedback
pyrOman
Fire Master

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are having such a conundrum, it'd be best to hit some shows and look at the difference for yourself. The black (or painted) finish on the British BRMs is smoother, thus shinnier than the Flat4s. The lug nuts are also different as are the center caps. They are both priced about the same so ultimately you will have to make the decision on your own. Confused

I have the Flat4s and am very happy with them, though I truly wish the offset was towards the inside some more so I could put on fatter tires. Sad
juroknow
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had both. The flat 4 fit nicer than the others, but do not have as good of finish. If I remember right, the flat four ones were not as wide as the British ones (almost 1/2" difference between the two). With 135's on the British ones, the rim would stick out past the tire. So you would have this funky lip around the fronts. If that makes any sense. But, the finish was very nice. Where the wheels are painted black in the centers was very smooth, unlike the Flat 4's. Also, on the British ones, the lug nuts sit deeper in the rim. I had to shave all of my lug nuts down so they would not hit the whl. cyls..
pyrOman
Fire Master

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, I don't think I've seen the British ones in any color other than black, whereas the Flat4s are offered in silver too. Think
mr. warehouse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Question About BRM'S Reply with quote

Shubee2 wrote:
Hello Everyone Dose anyone know what differences between the Flat 4 Brm's and the Brm's made by Midland?? I know what the Flat 4 Brm's are like but have never seen the Midland BRM's I Have Been Told The Midland BRM's Look Better Please Let Me Know Thanks ..

You, the so called expert on wheels with huge collection of real BRM's and American Racing Torque Thrusts, needs to know which repop wheel is better?

I'll give you a hint.

Neither of them can be confused with the deal real deal if you're trying to fool anyone.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Lidpainter
Samba Anti-Hero

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the Flat 4s are available in 5" and 6.5" whereas the british ones come in 4.5" and 5.5"
Alan Willis
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whereas OG BRM's were only offered in Black and 15x5"
die schwarzen Schafe #666
James D
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rougher paint finish on the Flat4 wheels is more authentic looking. The Midland ones are covered in real heavy clear coat.
sixfootdan
Samba Smartass

Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lidpainter wrote:
I believe the Flat 4s are available in 5" and 6.5" whereas the british ones come in 4.5" and 5.5"

I have the Flat 4 5" and 6.5" and they look great, No complaints.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pupjoint
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are the Midlands wheels made in England?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Custom Wheel/Tire All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: