Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Chirco Performance - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Chirco
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: May 18, 2023
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would have been cheaper/faster to take it to a Muffler Shop for massaging to fit. Idea
two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Gnarlyleech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have ordered several parts from Joe Chirco over the past year. I usually buy them from his eBay store. The parts are always shipped really fast. I recommend Chirco for anything you need.

My 1966 Beetle Project Thread http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=520182
rovnrev
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

completely forgot to post some support for chirco. have purchased online and in store. always had great customer support and very knowledgeable staff.

this is the first Bugtoberfest i havent atleast been able to drop in for a peek. Mad
VW Fact #422: #1 on the 1965 VW dealer service checklist was "Avoid answering complaints with an off-hand: 'All VWs have that trouble". It's not true, and besides, small consolation to the owner."
'69Custom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have made one purchase from Chirco via his eBay store. I bought a pair of euro bumper guards at a good price and fast shipping.

I wasn't expecting a high quality product as I intended to have them rechromed anyway. I just assumed I would be receiving some cheap, aftermarket EMPI crap to go with my rechromed aftermarket bumper.

Anyway, this isn't really a complaint, but my only concern was that Chirco's tore the guards off the carded package to fit them in his shipping box easier. They were still in the vacuum formed plastic, but I had no way of telling who manufactured these guards. I wanted to know because I want different ones. Those Chirco sold me were actually drilled and tapped for American hardware, not metric! WTF?! A Chinese-made part for a German car...American hardware?!

Again, not Chirco's dealing, but I'll have to follow up with him directly to learn of the manufacturer because he removed the original packaging. As a whole, great service though.

1969 Frankenbug
1965 Ford Mustang
:2gunfire: F-U-M-P!
~"I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken." ~The Boss
Please excuse any typos as my iPhone doesn't speak English very well. 
tham64 wrote:
Why tune a big round again and again????? For me.... 1 hour will solve the case Cool

www.endlesscustomz.com
Rob Beres
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been dealing with Chirco's for over 20 years, both in store and on-line. I have never had an issues with them. Service, stock, advise, etc has always been spot on. I only had one mis-shipped item (incorrect headlight ring) and it was rectified fast and without issue or "fees".
I see a lot of shipping complaints, but that is out of their hands once they pass the order on.
USPS (Post Office) is now the fastest, and UPS the slowest. This is not Chirco's fault.

I think some people are only happy on this site if they are bashing some one. They are a great company, and now shipping is free for most items.

I will use them as long as I'm on the green side of the grass!
Redlocker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Chirco Performance selling through ebay. Reply with quote

I bought an oil pump puller tool to use on air-cooled VW engines from Chirco Performance via their Ebay listing on August 28th, 2013. It was only $9.27 shipping included.

The problem occurred when the U.S.P.S. mis-sorted the package that I was to receive. The tracking number followed it to Brooklyn, NY (although it should have gone to south western PA). Then, it seems the USPS lost it. Buy this time it was now Saturday September 6th.

I contacted Chirco via email late the night of September 6th (a Saturday night) explaining the problem, and asking them if they too could try to get the USPS to follow up on their error.

I then received an email from Chirco on Monday September 9th telling me they shipped out a second item at know charge to me (even though the USPS lost it and it wasn't the seller's fault). I again contacted Chirco (this time by phone and spoke with "Will") and asked what I should do if/when the USPS delivers the original part. He said just keep it as a spare.

Wow! What great customer service I experienced. Thank-you "Will" at Chirco.

A great seller! I would definitely buy from them again.

71 Super Beetle (stolen)
71 Squareback (rusted, junked)
71 Squareback (factory-dealer A/C, sold)
68 Bus, sold
68 Beetle (baja'd, sold)
78 "Golf" (total burn)
81 Scirocco S (sold, bought back, sold again)
81 Scirocco S (sold)
86 Scirocco (sold)
83 GTI (DSP auto-crossed, sold)
84 GTI (sold)
2000 New Beetle
'60 Microbus Std. / Mango (project in progress)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
insane68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a set of wiper arms from them off eBay, I was stuck with wipers that didn't even match one another, both were same color but one was almost twice as wide and had to be shaved some after they told me "I had to deal with it". Two days after installing them, one fell off due to the screw being stripped. The other is tightened as best as it can be and still slips on the shaft. Before they shipped I asked to make sure they matched. I was assured they would send a matching pair, someone must have forgotten send out the memo about it. I learned my lesson and I'd rather buy EMPI China made crap from now on.
bugpartslou
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got my repro trans mount 2 days after buying on eBay I can't complain.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
microbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a couple of roll cages from Joe... His customer service is amazing and he went above and beyond to get me the most inexpensive shipping to Canada!
Thanks again
Richard
Cusser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

microbus wrote:
Bought a couple of roll cages from Joe... His customer service is amazing. Thanks again
Richard

I was in Tucson and visited Chirco for the first time 2 weeks ago. Joe was there, and was very helpful, and answered all my questions. I liked that Chrico not only sells parts, but uses the same parts they sell in their 3 service bays, so they know what works and does not work.

I only bought about $25 worth of supplies that day (manifold boots, gaskets, cork valve cover gaskets, etc.), but I was so impressed by Chirco that I just bought some tools from Chirco online. When I had a question about instructions for the Torque Dude tool, Chirco immediately responded to my E-mail and called me same day, tremendous customer service in this day and age.

So even though I must pay Arizona sales tax as I'm an Arizona customer (you other folks don't), Chirco has won me over. Thanks Joe and Frank, wish your shop was in Phoenix (as we don't have BAP any more) !!!
1970 VW (owned since 1972) and 1971 VW Convertible (owned since 1976), second owner of each. The '71 now has the 1835 engine, swapped from the '70. Second owner of each. 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, 1998 Frontier, 2014 Yukon, 2004 Frontier King Cab. All manual transmission except for the Yukon. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335294 http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=335297
AppomattoxVW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Chirco Performance - [email protected] Reply with quote

I bought a rebuilt 6volt generator for my '56 from Chirco a few weeks ago. After polarizing and installing it, it was putting out insufficient voltage. As per a label on the generator I called the rebuild company's tech support. We went over how I polarized and installed and checked voltage and they told me to contact Chirco to have another one sent to me. I called and they were apologetic and sent one out no questions asked which I received three days later. Installed it and it works great.
Great customer service and shipping! Will order again.
'73 Super Beetle
'77 Super Beetle Convertable
'82 Quantum TD
'85 Vanagon
'91 Jetta Carat
'93 Eurovan (2)
'99 Jetta
'03 Passat (gave to son with 190,000 miles)
'13 Touareg
'19 Tiguan
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: