Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Lenny - West Coast Classics - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: lenny copp
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: April 08, 2024
Yustrn
JHC Controla

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just putting Lenny's name back at the top of this list.

He did an interior for me in my 53 that is simply amazing and everyone that sees the car just loves, I have another order with him right now for my 57 vert that is coming together.

The one thing about Lenny is that just like today I can call and ask him a question....and he will always take the time to answer it, point you to his website to show you what something will look like.

He's like the uncle I never wanted, but I'm glad I can call Lenny a friend, he's always gone out of his way even a long time before I ever bought one of his interiors.

Good talking to you this morning, and if things work out on this next car I'll be calling with another order!!!
Demo Man Dave
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 10:20 am    Post subject: New vert top-By Lenny Reply with quote

I hope I can write great things about my experience?? should be done next week, its been a long wait!
vwcooker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lenny, I do not want to have to post on this forum...PLEASE get back to me about our situation!!!!! I have tried to call you all week.

Bob Cook
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Yustrn
JHC Controla

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to my order arriving...if it went out Friday I should have it by Thurs...I'll post pics when it arrives!!!
vwcooker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This problem has been taken care of...Thanks Lenny
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
lenny copp
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vwcooker wrote:
Wink Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Yustrn
JHC Controla

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lenny copp wrote:
vwcooker wrote:
Wink Wink

I wish I had the same answer....can you send me the last part you promised me last week...and cancel the order for the interior I placed with you back on 4/28 for my convertible while your at it....your a great person but there is just too much of this when ordering stuff from you...

Link

You have my number, address, email address, facebook....etc. If I don't have it by next week I'm just going to order them myself direct from WW and you can give me a refund next time I see you..
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am wrapping up a resto on a '57 ragtop Bug. I usually go the cheap route and use TMI stuff, but this is such a clean bug I thought it was worth it to do it right, so I decided to spend the extra money and get some of the interior from Lenny based on his reputation for quality.
I ordered a set of seat covers, door pillar covers and a ragtop cover.
I found Lenny to be very accommodating and friendly on the phone. Even though mine was not a huge big money order ($1000 or so) I felt he appreciated my business. I sent him samples of the existing seat covers as I wanted a match as close as possible to the original and we discussed over the phone ideas for the ragtop color.
I put the order in back in mid-July. I was told two weeks to fill the order. I received the order in September. The seat covers were absolutely fantastic. He chose beautiful material and the workmanship was excellent. Way beyond anything you get from TMI, and so I felt money well spent. The ragtop was the wrong color, but Lenny was cool about exchanging it for a different color.
I finally got the ragtop cover this week (mid-November).
I made numerous calls to Lenny during the time I was waiting on my stuff. He always answered his calls. He did not run my credit card through until the stuff was shipped, which are all good business practices.
On the down side, I often had to remind him about the details of the order. I got the sense that he was not very well organized, but I did in the end get my stuff and am happy with it.
I have a '60 completely original bug 'vert I am doing next for my wife. I plan on using WCR for most of the interior, but I will place the order months ahead of when I will actually need the stuff.
--Dan
lenny copp
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yustrn wrote:
lenny copp wrote:
vwcooker wrote:
Wink Wink

I wish I had the same answer....can you send me the last part you promised me last week...and cancel the order for the interior I placed with you back on 4/28 for my convertible while your at it....your a great person but there is just too much of this when ordering stuff from you...

I had WW drop ship to you since I have not gone there in a while. SOrry Eric... Embarassed Embarassed
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Yustrn
JHC Controla

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's OK...this is why I still love you...cause your interior MAKES my cars look so damn good.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

We'll talk about the vert interior in a few weeks when my pockets are ready for you. Very Happy
lenny copp
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yustrn wrote:
It's OK...this is why I still love you...cause your interior MAKES my cars look so damn good.

Coo Eric.. Only one sugestion for you. See the piping on the front backrest? The piping that comes down from the top should be finished at the bottom by sewing the tail of the piping up.

See my pic...

Besides that it looks great..

Yustrn
JHC Controla

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots and lots going on over at WCC today when I stopped by...Lenny even hooked me up with some unobtainable parts...stuff you can't even buy if you had the money to buy them today...plus gave me a few extras, plus some extra material for my vert

The shop was packed, the workers were busy, and like always Lenny took the time out of his day to show me some of the latest and greatest going down at his shop.

Thanks again!
jimmy1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey lenny. Is your emails broken??

check out my classified ads, lots of rare parts/accessories for sale.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwjim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yustrn wrote:
lenny copp wrote:
vwcooker wrote:
Wink Wink

I wish I had the same answer....

You have my number, address, email address, facebook....etc. If I don't have it by next week I'm just going to order them myself direct from WW and you can give me a refund next time I see you..

Me too.....

Please complete the panels or cancel the order / refund the payment
kafer53
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lenny,
Please see your emails and private message area further to our discussion yesterday Nov 19, 2010.

Paul
vwsonmybrain
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lenny,

Please contact me concerning the missing parts from my order that you said would ship out the week of November 22. I have not received the parts, nor have you replied to my emails from November 30 or December 6th (subject header: "Re: Shipping Address - Did it Ship?" )

I still need the rear carpet padding and trunk liner for my 60 Beetle. You have my shipping address and contact info.

Jason
shelbygt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:26 pm    Post subject: Has anyone here had problems with Lenny at West Coast Classi Reply with quote

Has anyone here had problems with Lenny at West Coast Classics? I sent him a $500 deposit back in March to do some upholstery work for me and can't seem to get anything other than excuses out of him. I know he's had health problems from time to time. I've done my best to be understanding but 10 months is a long time to wait. Has anyone else had a similar experience?... Posting this here for further response.

When I sent off the deposit I was prepared to wait the 6-8 weeks he quoted, a reasonable period longer if needed as I wanted nice work. 10 months though?? Lenny never returns e-mails or phone calls. He gets an occasional new receptionist, but I'm told he doesn't have anyone working for him otherwise at this point.

At this point I've been given enough excuses I'd just like to get my money back and move on to another upholsterer. I'm getting the feeling he can't come through.
shelbygt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:26 pm    Post subject: Lenny - West Coast Classics - [email protected] Reply with quote

Called Lenny again today. He answered and said the material is on it's way, and he's going to make it right by me. I understand he does good work, the reason why I've been so patient up until this point. Nobody wants to be un-reasonable, just what's fair.
vwjim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He must be having a bad year.... Paid in full for a bus panel set, (had to pay in full as overseas order).

Was quoted 3 wks. Poor communication throughout, eventually I got someone that was in LA on holiday to pop in for me to see what was going on. Turned out they were made, but never shipped Question so he took them and put them in a bus he was sending back to the UK.

So all risk on shipping damage etc. now on me. God only hope that they're correct and as per the order, when I eventually get to see them.
vwsonmybrain
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Has anyone here had problems with Lenny at West Coast Cl Reply with quote

shelbygt wrote:
Has anyone here had problems with Lenny at West Coast Classics? I sent him a $500 deposit back in March to do some upholstery work for me and can't seem to get anything other than excuses out of him. I know he's had health problems from time to time. I've done my best to be understanding but 10 months is a long time to wait. Has anyone else had a similar experience?... Posting this here for further response.

Wow... 10 months. I thought I was patient. I've had problems, too. Was told 2 weeks turnaround on an Beetle interior set, but it took about 2 1/2 months. And that was after being billed an extra 1/2 on my card (refunded quickly) and having the first shipment to me end up being two complete interior kits for somebody else's cars (one of them a ghia).

The final shipment did include my kit and is, indeed, very nice, but the rear carpet padding and the trunk liner were missing. Got a reply on Nov. 22 about shipping the missing parts, but haven't seen or heard anything since. Overall, this experience has been, hands down, the most frustrating part of my project.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: