Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Lenny - West Coast Classics - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: lenny copp
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: April 08, 2024
shelbygt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lenny said my material will be in next week and he'd be on it ASAP and get my seat covers done. I'll follow up with him on his progress.

Don't bother sending e-mails, they go un-answered. He doesn't return calls left on voice-mail or with his receptionist. If you're lucky enough to catch him there he'll talk and is quite friendly, although he's never once called back as he promised he would.

My frustration is that it's a father-daughter project and this has really been a hold-up for us. It was to be ready for her High School graduation (this past May!) We've been very disappointed so far and hope it's less than a years wait.

I'll keep you all posted on the progress.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rzepko6194
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received a new interior kit for my 59' Vert in about 3 weeks. It looks great but the door panel chrome strips were not sent. A few emails and a phone message as to their status are still unanswered. Hello Lenny, you out there? Mad
vwjim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rzepko6194 wrote:
I received a new interior kit for my 59' Vert in about 3 weeks. It looks great but the door panel chrome strips were not sent. A few emails and a phone message as to their status are still unanswered. Hello Lenny, you out there? Mad

Oh, that's not good. Mine is meant to have the chrome strips too, hope they're in the box when they finally arrive.
rzepko6194
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vwjim wrote:
Oh, that's not good. Mine is meant to have the chrome strips too, hope they're in the box when they finally arrive.

Did you get your interior WITH the chrome strips? I'm still waiting for mine! Mad
vwjim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know yet, hoping the parcel is being delivered on Friday or Saturday. Really hoping they're worth the wait and money! (and everything is there as ordered)
vwjim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rzepko6194 wrote:
vwjim wrote:

Did you get your interior WITH the chrome strips? I'm still waiting for mine! Mad

Well, guess what.....

No chrome strips and numerous faults with the panel set. Will be writing to list faults for their attention. Though doubt I'll get any response or replacement parts. So that'll be $1400 for the panels, and $160 for the chrome strips and 10 months of waiting lost.
rzepko6194
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vwjim wrote:
rzepko6194 wrote:
vwjim wrote:

Well, guess what.....

No chrome strips and numerous faults with the panel set. Will be writing to list faults for their attention. Though doubt I'll get any response or replacement parts. So that'll be $1400 for the panels, and $160 for the chrome strips and 10 months of waiting lost.

I'm surprised that you have issues with your panels. Mine are nice. What type of vehicle do you have?

My strips were on their way to the WRONG address! Mad The shipper was given the correct address 3 days ago but I haven't seen them yet. Wolfsburgh West has the strips in stock for most vehicles if you need them quickly.
vwjim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its for a 58 deluxe bus.

Missing items apart from the chrome strips, edging strip only fitted to one panel not the seven pieces it should, two extra panels that don't belong in a bus, cab door pockets not correct etc.

Putting together a list of defects / missing items to send to them.

Last edited by vwjim on Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:49 am; edited 1 time in total
andy 64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vwjim wrote:
Its for a 58 deluxe bus.

Fuse board hole is in the wrong place, (ordered for a RHD and cargo door panels are correct but mistake on kick panels) , other items missing apart from the chrome strips, two extra panels that don't belong in a bus, cab door pockets not correct etc.

Putting together a list of defects / missing items to send to them.

just reading this is not makeing me feel to good.my order is just about to be shipped.door card and seat cover set for my oval with the chrome trim. fingers crossed everything will be ok.i have been calling them once a week to see how things are going and lenny always answers the phone and sounds like cool guy.have you tryed to call them and talk to him?? i think phoneing them is the best way to get hold of them.i am also in the
uk.
i will let you know how i get on.

andy
vwjim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting to hear that there's a UK shipment due. I need to put it in writting, but will also try calling. If he's not there when you call, you never seem to get a call back /email or anything
rzepko6194
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The missing side panel trim strips finally arrived after the wrong recipient/address fiasco. So all's well right? Of course not. The rear panel trim pieces are WRONG! The mounting clips are missing too. Mad

The saga continues.....
vwjim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully being sorted as we speak, so looking forward to getting the missing elements / replacement panels. Will update later on progress.
Pifey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my Bahama Blue interior from Lenny a few years ago. Door panels and seat covers. It's gorgeous! Wasn't cheap, but I got what I paid for! Great communication, and a beautiful product.
He even threw in some material to cover the seat springs.

I'm proud to have a Lenny Copp interior!

Great guy and awesome work! I'll never look elsewhere.
rzepko6194
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No reply from Lenny about the incorrect side panel trim strips and missing clips, so I just ordered a set for a sedan (Vert's are on backorder) from Wolfsburg West. I'll modify the rear panel strips to fit my car.

I haven't experienced customer service this bad since dealing with those clowns at BFY and we all know how that turned out! Mad
andy 64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well guys

i picked up my trim set this evening.what can i say but it look super nice 100 times better than what i thought it would be. everything is there chrome trim on door cards etc.just got to sort out getting it fitted just hope that all goes ok.will post some picks when i get it all done.
i still think the best way to contact lenny is over the phone.i found around 11 oclock u.s time seemed to be the best.i ve still got to call him just to get some advice/tips on the fitting.

cheers andy
vwjim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad yours are all there and you're happy with them.

Had lots of communication last week, "would be remade on Friday" etc. Will do everything to make sure the order is of suitable quality this time.

Not heard that they're done yet, its all gone quiet again.
fizzbang
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered a complete panel and seat covers set for my '60 mango bus from Lenny.
The quality is second to none - absolutely perfect and fits great. He drilled all of the handle and door check strap holes, but covered them with material so I could have the option of using those. Everything lined up perfectly and it's been fun to install.

When I first got my order they mixed my seat kick panels with someone else. I wanted them finished, but they came un-assembled with no seat clips. I called Lenny, he said send them back and I did. He fixed this all on his dime and sent me the finished kicks.

There were a couple times when I thought things were going to be shipped and to me sooner, but Lenny was quick to get a hold of and communication was easy.

I highly recommend his work and would order through him again. Lenny did a great job of matching the correct looking materials for the mango bus interior. I especially like his bendable plastic rear panels covered in leather which were easy to install and will never rot or break. He also sent me some raw material for the top of the center divider and to cover the inner gas tank neck cover.

(Still working on the headliner in these pics...)

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Rich's 50
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lenny is the best out there period and even though we had an issue at one time we worked it out. I will never go any where else to buy my interior. To the others that are having some issue's just call him direct and ill bet he will make it right Cool
limerence
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got a german square weave carpet set installed at Lenny's last week. him and his team do sweet work!
rzepko6194
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich's 50 wrote:
Lenny is the best out there period and even though we had an issue at one time we worked it out. I will never go any where else to buy my interior. To the others that are having some issue's just call him direct and ill bet he will make it right Cool

I shouldn't have to call him again and again to straighten things out. I also shouldn't have to hope that I actually catch him at the right moment when he feels like answering the phone. I value my time, obviously he doesn't. Never again..
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: