Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Lenny - West Coast Classics - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: lenny copp
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Yesterday
matthew smith1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Well gotta say i'm pretty dissapointed with these panels!!
I used Lenny because i thought he was the best in the business so stumped up the high price tag for an interior panel set for my 56 deluxe, waited and waited for the panels to be finished, heard every excuss as to why they haven't been done, sorted all the transport and shipping to get them back to the uk then the first panel i took out was the long side panel and was horrified to see the middle section was made with two seperate peices.... of different materials as the colours are completely different!
Pockets are also pretty dump on the front door cards!!
Now he wont reply to emails or phone calls!!
After slaving away trying to do the best i could on my samba i wanted to show off every part of it not try and hide mistakes or piss poor work!!

The bus they are going in Sad [/img]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
HBLOMMERS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:09 pm    Post subject: Lenny Copps Reply with quote

Hearing lots of issues with this company..
campingbox Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matthew smith1 wrote:

I used Lenny because i thought he was the best in the business so stumped up the high price tag for an interior panel set for my 56 deluxe, waited and waited for the panels to be finished, heard every excuss as to why they haven't been done, sorted all the transport and shipping to get them back to the uk then the first panel i took out was the long side panel and was horrified to see the middle section was made with two seperate peices.... of different materials as the colours are completely different!
After slaving away trying to do the best i could on my samba i wanted to show off every part of it not try and hide mistakes or piss poor work!!

The bus they are going in :( [/img]

WCC's does great work, but there are always limitations with any restoration.

Most fabrics have the heat seams going from one side of the bolt to the other, and standard bolt widths are narrower than required for the long panel. That would probably explain the seam, hopefully it is hidden behind where the middle seat mounts. I'm not sure if it's possible to get the seams running lengthwise on the fabric.

Do you have any photos of the pocket door panels? I am wondering how they compare to the ones we sell:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=993835

Maybe Lenny should start carrying the pockets we make?
vwjim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the same situation I had.

Cab door pockets were homemade.
Rivets not holding pockets correctly.
Long panel had a join in it.
Chrome mouldings were missing.
Top edging strip was missing from all but on panel.
etc.

Took a long time for the panels to get to me, ended up getting someone that was shipping a bus over to personally go collect the panels and put them in the bus.

Eventually got hold of Lenny on Facebook, then email, then called to go through various snags. He has now sent replacement cab door panels with good repro pockets, top edging material to fit that myself, most of the chrome moulding set, (still missing the longest piece as I'm told that coming via USPS rather than UPS as its cheaper for two parcels...), a new section of heat seamed material for me to fit so the join is mostly hidden by the interior woodwork and glue to do said work.

Hopefully I don't feck up the last stage of this interior as it will be a costly mistake. Oh, and that the last remaining section arrives.
vwjim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still waiting on the outstanding parts, or replies to communcations to get the tracking number IF its been sent....
vintagevolks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Lenny Copps Reply with quote

HBLOMMERS wrote:
Hearing lots of issues with this company..

X2! My buddy worked there but he got laid off. Hopefully the shop turns around
lenny copp
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matthew smith1 wrote:

I replied right away with a offer to replace the problem pieces even showing a picture of them ready to go and I would of course pay shipping. 1st of all these panels sell for $ 1,900.00. I sold them to him for $1,725.00 plus 10% off that ending with $ 1,552.00. We also install the panel moldings for free and that takes at least 3 hours. No complaints there.. Then I have to listen to Tracy yelling at me that they paid $ 2,300.00 for the panels. People need to get their stories straight before calling to complain. One complaint was the two panels in the rear which we make from plastic the material came apart from the hard plastic. With a name like Kustom interiors they demanded new ones instead of just spraying a little glue on them. Then Matt's staff demanded a discount from the original price, also demanded me to pay his customs price. I also offered to put a very low price on invoice to help with that. I can post the emails from me proving that I have responded with this offer but I won't.

I felt good about offering to replace the parts they were not happy with and to pay shipping to the UK and that's all I can do.

VW Jim had some issues and I replaced everything he was not happy with. What else can I do?? I spent $675.00 for shipping the new pieces and I have no problem with that.

I only recently found the nice molded pockets which I have started to use. These panels were made before I found them.

Any company can screw things up but when they offer to work with you be happy. We are doing great this year and I am very happy with my company still producing great VW interiors.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwjim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the new panels that I have received a few weeks back are much better, and of the quality that I expected from a premium supplier.

I'm still waiting on the last piece of interior moulding, (the long panel's chrome strip, and all of the clips that are used to fit the trims to the panels). as this was to be shipped seperately from the replacement panels but not heard when that is to be shipped or any tracking information if it has been shipped.

I can't fit the long panel until that trim piece arrives, and without the long panel in, I can fit the camper interior, so I can't use the bus for what its designed for. And this has been going on now for a year.
baydreamsurf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kustom Interiors provided the furniture for the bus, to which looks great.

They do not supply panels and did not purchase these, so it was not up to them to repair/glue them.
Mr Bubble Head
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lenny
I've ordered a full interior from you and need to get in contact with you regarding the status of the interior. As it was an overseas order I paid for the interior in full ($ 3438.00) on the 12th October 2010.

I've tried calling but you never seem to be there. Your Tina has left messages, and said you will get in contact via email.

Can you tell me whats happening ?

your invioce # 1607

Nick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwjim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with receiving your order.

I'm still waiting on missing items that have been paid for 13 months ago. My next step is to report the company to the credit card company for failure to deliver paid for items as he repeatedly fails repsond to contact or to send the parts.
tarzan271
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vwjim wrote:
Good luck with receiving your order.

I'm still waiting on missing items that have been paid for 13 months ago. My next step is to report the company to the credit card company for failure to deliver paid for items as he repeatedly fails repsond to contact or to send the parts.

I am in the same boat as you, but it has been almost 2 years. It took him 12 months just to get me part of my order which totaled over $3000. He wanted payment up front which I gladly paid and he told me 4 weeks to fill the order. That was on 7/1/09. After 3 months he begged me not to call the Credit Card company and promised to deliver, after every excuse in the book. Finally, some of my stuff was delivered in April of 2010. But it was missing the following:
-Rear seat kick panel
-Rubber for the bottom of the middle partition
-Chrome for middle of the drink partition (not the drink holder, but the middle chrome spear for the panel)
-Front door panel clips
-Panel screw set
-Front kick panels (he sent the wrong ones. I have a '64 without the front heater ducts)
-Interior triangles for behind the sun visors

I have numerous emails back and forth with Lenny and he always promises to ship the missing stuff "this week". Now he will not respond to my emails or my phone calls, so I have no choice but to let my lawyer deal with him and his company.

I own 2 businesses and if I treated any of my clients this way I would be out of business in a few months. I like his work, but anyone who steals someones money without delivering is not a good person to do business with.
vwjim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its crazy istn't it. His guys can turn the stuff around quickly and to a good standard, its almost as if its just down to poor order management. ie missing sections or wrong year cards used.
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i bought some seat covers for my 59 ragtop beetle. the rear seat covers showed up and they were for a vert. i called lenny, told him the situation, sent him a couple pics, he showed them to one of his guys and confirmed that they were wrong. lenny said he's fix them...a few weeks went by and one day i found myself wondering where the seat covers were. i called lenny and he said "i sent 'em last week!"

i get home from work and there's a box from WCCR sitting on my front steps. seat covers went on the next day and fit like a glove.
lenny copp wrote:

Any company can screw things up but when they offer to work with you be happy. .

yup. lenny covered the shipping and didn't want the old seat covers back.

Quote:
mannys66: South Philly Van Club, only the most influential and freshest van club in the vw scene
Quote:
Cuņado: Chrome will get you home!!!!!!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwjim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I was happy to help out when they got the order wrong, but even second time the delivery is still incomplete so I'm out of pocket & losts of wasted time.
stale air
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UZI wrote:
i bought some seat covers for my 59 ragtop beetle. the rear seat covers showed up and they were for a vert. i called lenny, told him the situation, sent him a couple pics, he showed them to one of his guys and confirmed that they were wrong. lenny said he's fix them...a few weeks went by and one day i found myself wondering where the seat covers were. i called lenny and he said "i sent 'em last week!"

i get home from work and there's a box from WCCR sitting on my front steps. seat covers went on the next day and fit like a glove.
lenny copp wrote:

Any company can screw things up but when they offer to work with you be happy. .

yup. lenny covered the shipping and didn't want the old seat covers back.

Any pics of the seat covers you got from him?
kafer53
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lenny,
I'm still waiting for the second refund you owe to me as discussed. Please send this to me on my credit card. You said it would be done back in April 2011 and here we are a month later. I'm getting tired of calling you.
Paul
Yustrn
JHC Controla

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stopped by Lenny's on Friday as always we were greeted with open arms, his crew was working on one of the baddest Heb's I've ever seen...he showed us around the car and then took time to place an order I need for my car...Thanks again Mr. Lenny!
rzepko6194
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yustrn wrote:
Stopped by Lenny's on Friday as always we were greeted with open arms, his crew was working on one of the baddest Heb's I've ever seen...he showed us around the car and then took time to place an order I need for my car...Thanks again Mr. Lenny!

Lucky you. No "open arms" for us pesky mail order folks. We just get the "finger". Mad
FG1732
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you UK blokes aren't scared off from buying from us Yanks. I have sold and shipped many parts all over the world.....from Europe to Brazil all the way to Japan, Mexico and Africa without problems. I am a damn good seller and I hope the experience here doesn't ruin your overall opinion on US sellers.

I know the absolute worst thing you could ever do as a Samba seller is ignore your buyer that you have started a transaction with. That is a big NO NO. Even if the sh*t takes a month to get there...you always keep contact and follow up as a seller.

Most Samba buyers know that 90% of us selling parts have real lives and families....and that VW parts is not the number one priority on our daily list. Buyers on here are for the most part pretty damn patient. So when I hear quite a few of you on this thread making legitimate complaints about a seller that had numerous problems in the past, I feel your pain.

I know this guy is out and about buying rare parts...he just scooped up a rare 1950 Barndoor part a few days ago that I was trying to get my hands on. No biggy...just thought I'd throw a info bone out there for you guys just so you know your hard earned money is being well spent.

Try going to the classifieds to make contact through his new ad for the 11 window he just posted...
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1155968

You all need to step up the heat and file a report with the credit card companies, call the Better Business Bureau and make a report to the local authorities in his area.

If you guys stick together and keep on him, you will have a better chance of getting your parts and/or a refund. I have been there done that, and it works. Pairing up with other Samba members to get parts you are owed from a dead beat seller works wonders. Also, you all need to keep on top of Everett and let him know what's going on with this.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: