Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Lenny - West Coast Classics - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: lenny copp
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: March 14, 2024
fizzbang
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An update on a post I made earlier in this thread. I ordered a complete interior for my Mango bus, installed most of it with no issues and finally got around to getting the full middle seat in after a few months.

I pulled out the middle seat kick panel from my storage shelf and saw it had a notch in it - for a 2/3rd seat. My bad for not checking this when I got my order months ago.

I called Lenny and told him - said to ship it back. I did and he sent back the correct panel. Looks great and Lenny was really easy to get a hold of.

All of the conversations I've had with Lenny have been great, he cares about his product and has gone out of his way to make it right for me when he sent the wrong panel. I always heard back from him when I asked for updates.

I would do business with him again, my Mango interior is great!

Kevin
BajaRoy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:25 pm    Post subject: Lenny WCC Reply with quote

Lenny is a stand up guy and a good friend.
there is no way others can even come close to WCC high quality interior job.
we won't hesitate to take our project to Lenny and his staff.

Thanks and see you soon Lenny.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Roy Kohrogi
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Formcar 179
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still waiting for my door panels, carpet and headliner for my '56 Type 1. Ordered them and paid in full over the phone about 18 months ago.

I sent a roll of red leather too.

I have called, e-mailed with no success.

Anyone who sends Lenny money in advance is an idiot. Myself included.

Erik Thomas [email protected]
Seb67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would appreciate any feedback from someone has had a complete car restored by WCC. Obviously Mr. Copp comes very highly recommended - most of this thread seems to relate to mail order though.

Thoughts?

Best,

Seb67
bwaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

any current comments on outstanding issues?
vwjim
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I never got the complete moulding set I paid for or the clips to fit them so had to source those elsewhere.

Did get some replacement cab door cards eventually that had correctly fitted / good spec' pockets installed. And some more material to remake the long panel myself.

Very poor service at the end of the day for the most expensive panel sets on the market.
Mr Bubble Head
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Bubble Head wrote:
Lenny
I've ordered a full interior from you and need to get in contact with you regarding the status of the interior. As it was an overseas order I paid for the interior in full ($ 3438.00) on the 12th October 2010.

I've tried calling but you never seem to be there. Your Tina has left messages, and said you will get in contact via email.

Can you tell me whats happening ?

your invioce # 1607

Nick

Just an update here on my order

I've been away for the last six months, but I'm now ready to start chasing up my interior. Lenny I've sent you an email asking about the status of the order I would apreciate a responce on when my order can be sent.

I'll keep you posted...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
CUBA
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm kind of interested in what the deal is with Mr. Bubble Head's order...
Grey 57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am interested in the outcome for Mr Bubbleheads order too!
Been waiting for the missing peices of my Type 34 Ghia carpet set for 4 months now. Follow up emails sent every month since November. Not hearing anything??
Understand that things go wrong etc, but communicate the issues to your customers or we will think the worst.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Classifieds Feedback
Airkewld
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did I not hear that he sold his business?

Win a FREE Chassis Rebuild - https://airkewld.co/WinAChassis

Learn from a PRO on Patreon - https://www.patreon.com/Airkewld

FAQ - https://airkewld.co/FAQ

View our Industry Leading Products - https://www.airkewld.com/Products-s/2322.htm

We made a iPhone Ringtone with a Classic VW Turbo Engine - https://airkewld.co/RingtoneTurbo

YouTube Channel - https://airkewld.co/SubSamba
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
fizzbang
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Airkewld wrote:

Really? This may be important. I could use one more interior.. Lenny - You out there? Let us know what's up.
JulianH
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fizzbang wrote:
Airkewld wrote:

Really? This may be important. I could use one more interior.. Lenny - You out there? Let us know what's up.

Lenny hasn't sold his business, call the shop and you can speak to him!
Mr Bubble Head
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lenny's still in business.

I'm currently dealing with a new guy Enrico who's been recently employed as the Sales Representative at WCC, he's been looking into my order and is/has just placed the order to Germany for the material to get things rolling. things could finally be happening Very Happy
left_coast*9
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been dreaming of a WCC interior for my car for years. I'm doing a ground up resto on it (57 oval ragtop beetle), and the body is finally getting closer to final paint. I have talked to Lenny several times in the past couple years and he always seemed like a standup guy, nice enough to deal with and returned emails, etc. When I started to really get serious about buying an interior I called (Feb 2012) and was directed to Enrico. He has been very nice, had some really good ideas for colors, etc. He and Tina even sent me samples of materials/colors I was considering. Turns out the first batch of samples got lost in the mail or something, who knows. But they sent another sample set to me via Priority mail. Received it fine. We finalized the order week before last and I put down 50% deposit so they could get started on it. I am really looking forward to working with them and I'll keep this updated on status/progress.
Blake in Seattle.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=472827&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Mr Bubble Head
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto

I've been building this for a little while and there's only been one choice for who's going to do the interior so you can see why I'm hanging to get the interior in.
Dave
Samba Elder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Bubble Head wrote:
Lenny's still in business.

I'm currently dealing with a new guy Enrico who's been recently employed as the Sales Representative at WCC, he's been looking into my order and is/has just placed the order to Germany for the material to get things rolling. things could finally be happening Very Happy

That would be Enrico Hudspeth.
When I was working for VW Trends, and my Dad died, Enrico was working for TMI.
With his own money, he took it upon himself, to send me and my family flowers, and condolences.
I barely even knew Enrico at the time, we had worked together on the interior on my 21 window, but that was about it.
I'll never forget his kindness and compassion.
That doesn't have anything to do with Lenny, West Coast Classics, or anyone getting their interior in a reasonable amount of time...I just wanted folks to know the caliber of the man they are dealing with now.

"Those that matter, don't mind,
and those that mind, don't matter"
Rick Christensen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I placed a full carpet order through Enrico at West Coast Classics last month. We emailed back and forth and then he called with a few questions, then quoted a price and let me know approximate completion and shipping date. My order arrived today, as promised. Quality looks excellent, as usual. Over the years I have had a number of new interiors from West Coast Classics. They are not cheap, but when you want quality I do not hesitate to recommend them.
'65 Vespa VBB
'48 Aeronca Sedan 4 passenger airplane
kafer53
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have an alternate email address for Enrico there so I can follow up on the status of a refund that I'm owed?
rkulis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Classic VW- Lenny Copp Reply with quote

Do not waste time with this shop or it's owner. This place will suck the air out your project, and when you push to get it back, you will hear one excuse after another. Took my bus to Classic VW after asking a lot of people the best place in So Cal to get a new interior. Lenny Copp's name came up over and over again and I bought into the cult following. My first visit was roughly 4 years ago and I paid over 8K to put in a new headliner, side panels, rear carpet, rubber mats, add a bar to the back of the front tire/seat wall. It took over 6 months, but I was in no hurry, as I had just completed a 7 month paint and sound proofing project including new chrome window frames, safari's front and back and new bumpers, and emblems. About 2 years after I got the bus back from Classic VW, the headliner started to fail, the vinyl paint used to paint the arm rest flaked off (turns out they didn't have the right color armrest so they just painted one they had), and the push clips around the doors started to come lose daily and some fell out. In addition the chrome accent rail on the bar was peeling back and the vinyl on the bar around the trim was tearing. Since the bus is rarely driven, the small defects did not start to bother me, until this year (4th year). Beginning in January the glue started to separate on the vinyl and the side molding between the roof and side panels dropped down and the headliner started to sag. The flaking on the arm rest was getting worse and the chrome rail on the bar really started to bow out. I called Lenny and told him about the defective work and he immediately jump on me and said how dare I call him after 4 years and that his stuff does not fail. He went on to say his headliners last lifetimes, so send pictures and he would get back. Upon sending the pictures, Enrico the shop manager came my rescue and agreed to see the bus in person, so I drove down to Fullerton where I met Enrico and Lenny. As soon as lenny saw the mess, he apologized and blamed a weak glue they were forced to use by California 4 years ago (that is my time frame) and they had seen a couple other of these and they would make it right. I pointed out the armrest and chrome strip on the bar and they agreed to fix them as well. Since they had the bus, I asked them to paint the back bumper and add cup-holders to the rear bar which I agreed to pay extra for). Well that was 3 and 1/2 month's ago. As the time slipped away I called and emailed regularly to Enrico and copied Lenny. After excuse after excuse about work load, I finally got pictures of the headliner progress and surprise of surpises, Lenny himself emailed me the job was done on Tuesday. I informed Lenny I would be there Thursday, he then called and he told me they couldn't match the paint on my rear bumper so was it OK with painting both the front and back. I agreed and said I would be there Thursday and we hung up. When I arrived today (Thursday), the bumpers were not on, the back fixed windows where not in, the bus was filthy outside and inside and it was far from being ready to pick up. When I asked for Lenny or Enrico I was told Enrico would be back in a 1/2 hour. None of the workers on site could careless I was there or upset, so waited for Enrico and fumed. When Enrico did arrive he said oh I thought you were coming Friday and apologized, but at this stage their was no more room for excuses the bus looked like hell and I just wanted it back. But before we could get the bumpers back on I had to settle the bill. $130 to install two black plastic cup-holders which I supplied. According to Classic VW it takes 2 hours to remove a piece of cardboard and cut two holes to accommodate the plastic (Or as Lenny says..."we will do that for you") sure at $65 dollars each for a $1.50 cup holder I would do it to all day long ...and $650 to paint the bumpers, because they couldn't match the paint and I agreed to let them do the perfectly good one in front as well as the scratched one in back so they could add another $325 dollars in the till. To add insult to injury, they actually wanted to show me they did $3,000 dollars in work to bring the interior defects back to original form, which I originally paid over 8K for. What better way to show you how fair their pricing is then to show you a bill for over 3,000 they could have charged you, but only took $700 instead. So without the back windows installed, the bus so damn dirty it broke my heart and the interior dirty as well, I drove off never to be seen by these rip off artists again. STAY AWAY you will only have tales to tell and you will get the level of service they decide you deserve, not what you're forced to pay to get your property back.
campingbox Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The aftermarket door panel clips do have a habit of popping out. Push them back in and try to find some good originals.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: