Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Lenny - West Coast Classics - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: lenny copp
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: March 14, 2024
sprintstar.com
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg, I was recently looking at those clips, the problem is they are not correct for the front bus door panels, they are shallow in grip for the thin rear panels... vw made two lengths, the reproduction clips are the short ones... this is why they pop out

also the glue for spray pots in California went to shit due to AQMD rules & regulations that is 100% truth...

Anthony
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tarzan271
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the glue thing is true, but one of Lenny's excuses to me about the 18 month delay was that he had to get good glue in Nevada because he refused to use the crappy California glue.

I was screwed out of over $600 and it took over 2 years to get part of my order that I paid for up front. I agree that they are ripoff artists and highly recommend people to not do buisness with West Coast Classics or Lenny Copp. They have an F Better Buisness rating by the way.
Black Mamba
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
This is Enrico and I would like to clear the air about the restoration repair that Mr. Richard Kulis is speaking about in this thread. Lenny received an email from Mr. Kulis June 20, 2012. In his email he stated that his headliner was coming unglued and asked what we could do to fix it. After reviewing the attached photos we determined that the headliner needed to be replaced. I informed Richard that one of our staff members was on vacation and we were short handed. Both I and Richard agreed that the best time to bring his bust was next month.

Richard delivered his bus as discussed. During the inspection of the bus Lenny, Richard and I found various issues where the old glue that was used 4 years ago had failed. Normally our warranty is 1 year, but Lenny made an exception because of the Glue. I explained to Richard then that it would take longer than expected to complete the task. Richard said that he would be out of town on business and he would check on the status of his bus.

We completed the following task on the bus:

• Remove, Prep Vehicle, Manufacture (new) and install a White perforated headliner.
• Remove all glass and rubber window seal from bus and re-install one headliner was installed.
• Remove and repair Front door panels.
• Remove and replace the material on the following panels; Both cargo door panels, Driverside long panel, Front kick panel (passenger side), Both rear cargo door panels.
• Re-attach chrome molding on Drink Tray
• Install cup holders in the top of the Drink Tray
• Paint Front and Rear Bumpers (Remove, Prep for paint, paint inside and out the correct color L85 Silver White) All within 48 hours

On Thursday, October 11, 2012, I returned to the shop from my parts run, and I was surprised to see Mr. Kulis at the shop. He didn’t call and give me a heads up that he was coming. I was under the impression that he would pickup the bus on Friday. He said that his wife dropped him off at the train station and the bus was his transportation home. As not to keep him waiting, we installed the freshly painted bumpers on the bus. I apologized for not completing my final inspection as well as not detailing of the bus. I also explained to him that the window rubber for the rear stationary windows were on ready for pick up today and would install them that afternoon. In the body of this thread Mr. Kulis mentioned that I showed him an invoice of the cost if we charged, that is true. It was attached to his revised invoice of $780.00

I understood the frustration that Mr. Kulis had with the entire process and he made me aware of his frustration. I remained empathetic and professional throughout the process. We pride ourselves at West Coast Classic with delivering the best product available in the industry and the best Service. I don’t know how many pounds of Flesh Mr. Kulis needs to be satisfied. I believe he is a fair Man and will call me and let me know.

Best Regards,
Enrico Hudspeth
Operations Manager @ WCCR
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I knew a $8,000 interior only had a 1 year warrantee I'd be suspicious right of the bat.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A LOT of time & material for $780 to make it Perfect Again after 4 years! $3000 sounds about right to me. Less than 10% of the original price.
two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rkulis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Classic VW-Lenny Copp Reply with quote

Enrico:

The post is not about you. It is a warning to potential customers that Lenny Copp run's a hobby not a business. The work on the headliner, and other interior defects was nothing more than doing the job right. Lenny agreed to do the work because he knew damn well the glue was bad, and the armrest was painted and he could see the deterioration of the bar and he charged top dollar. You know damn well that it does not take 2 hours to cut two small holes to hold plastic cup-holders. And now after reading your post, I believe that it must have been the lack of having L87 Ivory paint (the color on the bumpers) that caused Lenny to ask me to paint both bumpers in a color you had on hand. The fact that you were confused about when I was picking up the bus lays between you and Lenny. He was the one who emailed me, he was the one would called me and you where attending to family matters which caused the breakdown in communication according to you. I agree you have handled everything with professionalism and grace. But you do not own the joint, Lenny does and that's who ends up screwing people. There is no doubt that if Lenny likes your project he could be your best find friend ever, however if it's not his cup of tea he will get to it when...Well when he can get to it! As a customer you need to know Lenny is a hobbyist, nothing more, and yes the BBB rates the place an F.
campingbox Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI the correct bumper color is L82 silver white, not L85 or L87 as stated above.
tarzan271
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black Mamba wrote:
Hello,
This is Enrico and I would like to clear the air about the restoration repair that Mr. Richard Kulis is speaking about in this thread. Lenny received an email from Mr. Kulis June 20, 2012. In his email he stated that his headliner was coming unglued and asked what we could do to fix it. After reviewing the attached photos we determined that the headliner needed to be replaced. I informed Richard that one of our staff members was on vacation and we were short handed. Both I and Richard agreed that the best time to bring his bust was next month.

Richard delivered his bus as discussed. During the inspection of the bus Lenny, Richard and I found various issues where the old glue that was used 4 years ago had failed. Normally our warranty is 1 year, but Lenny made an exception because of the Glue. I explained to Richard then that it would take longer than expected to complete the task. Richard said that he would be out of town on business and he would check on the status of his bus.

We completed the following task on the bus:

• Remove, Prep Vehicle, Manufacture (new) and install a White perforated headliner.
• Remove all glass and rubber window seal from bus and re-install one headliner was installed.
• Remove and repair Front door panels.
• Remove and replace the material on the following panels; Both cargo door panels, Driverside long panel, Front kick panel (passenger side), Both rear cargo door panels.
• Re-attach chrome molding on Drink Tray
• Install cup holders in the top of the Drink Tray
• Paint Front and Rear Bumpers (Remove, Prep for paint, paint inside and out the correct color L85 Silver White) All within 48 hours

On Thursday, October 11, 2012, I returned to the shop from my parts run, and I was surprised to see Mr. Kulis at the shop. He didn’t call and give me a heads up that he was coming. I was under the impression that he would pickup the bus on Friday. He said that his wife dropped him off at the train station and the bus was his transportation home. As not to keep him waiting, we installed the freshly painted bumpers on the bus. I apologized for not completing my final inspection as well as not detailing of the bus. I also explained to him that the window rubber for the rear stationary windows were on ready for pick up today and would install them that afternoon. In the body of this thread Mr. Kulis mentioned that I showed him an invoice of the cost if we charged, that is true. It was attached to his revised invoice of $780.00

I understood the frustration that Mr. Kulis had with the entire process and he made me aware of his frustration. I remained empathetic and professional throughout the process. We pride ourselves at West Coast Classic with delivering the best product available in the industry and the best Service. I don’t know how many pounds of Flesh Mr. Kulis needs to be satisfied. I believe he is a fair Man and will call me and let me know.

Best Regards,
Enrico Hudspeth
Operations Manager @ WCCR

What about my order Enrico? When you took over at WCC, you promised me that you would fulfill the rest of my order that I was shorted within 2 weeks. That was over a year ago. You stopped responding to my emails and never sent me the rest of my order. This is a warning for anyone thinking of doing business with West Coast Coast Classics or Lenny Copp. Once they have your money, you will have a hard time getting what you paid for.
lenny copp
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got back from vacation and read this very nasty post from Mr. Krulis. I was very disappointed in his post and his wording.

He did email me about this problem of the headliner coming apart and wanted it fixed ASAP as he told me. I wasn't happy about the way he worded his first email and should of known he was going to be difficult. I responded with, I have never had a headliner go bad in 20 years but would have to see it before I make any decisions of warranting it especially since it was done 4 years ago. I don't know of many shops warranting work after that many years. He sent pictures and that's when I realized this was when California outlawed the glue we were used to using and replaced it with a water based solution. It was not our fault this happened but, after seeing the pics I agreed to fix it for free.

He brought it to us and expected it to be done in ASAP. Well, we are not a big shop and when doing warranty work we have to work it in while doing other jobs that pay the bills. Since this is not his everyday car I thought he understood this.

We went up and above the call of duty to make this bus right as you will see in the pictures. Then he asked us to do a few other things and said he would pay.

So, for Mr. Krulis to write this scathing post personally attacking me was very disappointing. I'm not sure how he can call me a rip off artist when we fixed everything and more that he wanted. Instead of repairing just the obvious panels that were coming apart we took all of them and fixed them at no charge.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tarzan271
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enrico has contacted me and is promising to fulfill the rest of my order. I will post the outcome on here.
Black Mamba
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I spoke with Christian yesterday regarding his bus. I will also let you know how things turn out.

tarzan271 wrote:
Enrico has contacted me and is promising to fulfill the rest of my order. I will post the outcome on here.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwbeck3
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: New seat covers on the bug Reply with quote

Just had West Coast Classic put in some custom seat covers they made up for my VW bug.
Wow what a great job, they look fantastic.
Thanks Lenny and your crew for a great job.
Your the best.
kafer53
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lenny,
I'm still waiting to hear from you about our situation if you can respond to me please and clear up my refund. I've been waiting for quite some time now and no response. I've sent you many emails.
Paul
rkulis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Lenny Copp Reply with quote

Lenny how nice to hear from you. I sent Enrico the pictures of the bad reinstall of the bar against the front seat wall which you failed to post, so when I get back to Los Angeles, I will post them and let everyone decide if this is worth 130 dollars or not. ( 2 hours labor to install cup holders needing to remove entire bar assembly according to Enrico). As for trouble? I called your shop 5 times in 3 and 1/2 month's asking about the progress? You only called back once to say (it's done) which it was not. I am disappointed you can't see your failures as a trusted agent of other peoples property but it looks like Enrico is responding to others who have been screwed by you so that is some comfort. Look for my next post in about 2 weeks with the shoddy bar reinstall and non re-installed windows not to mention 3 and 1/2 months of filth you left on the bus. Owners need to know you only work on projects you like, so that when they hire you, they are aware that you need to be involved or your shop is a JOKE.
62ItalianRagtop
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

[email protected]

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain

Shocked Shocked
62ItalianRagtop
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone contacted Lenny via email in the last days?
rkulis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Lenny Copp Reply with quote

Here use this one [email protected]
62ItalianRagtop
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks
rkulis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lenny:

Thanks for posting the front of bar with the crease in the vinyl on the rail, here's the backside I promised when I returned to LA. You charged 160 dollars for this and gave it back to me after 3 and 1/2 months. Shame on you.

Buyer Beware at West Coast.
rkulis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Lenny Copp Reply with quote

Oh I forgot I sent this pic to Enrico after I took the bus back...but he never responded Shocked Laughing
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: