Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Early Bus Windshield Washer
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eric&Barb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject: Early Bus Windshield Washer Reply with quote

Hi Volks,
Does anyone have any literature on how early an accessory washer system was available for the bus? Or does someone have an OG pre-1964 bus with a washer bottle like described below?
We have been finding several Hella made washer bottles that are almost exactly alike to the stock 1964-67 bus washer bottles. The main differances in these earlier bottles is it has the "Hella" logo, no "VW" or VW part number. Made of a clearer yellowish more supple plastic like collaspable camping water bottles are made of. The collar is scallopped instead of knurled, and the collar releases with a 1/3 turn like a medicine bottle. The rubber top is slightly differant with a bigger "Made In Germany" molded into it.
Eric&Barb
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this picture from a technical bulletin from 1962. does your unit look like this one?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Eric&Barb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lind,
That is the exact one with the scalloped collar! Is there a previous supersede date on that bulletin?
Would you like to trade scans of "Technical Bulletins"?
Eric&Barb
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric&Barb wrote:
Hi Lind,
That is the exact one with the scalloped collar! Is there a previous supersede date on that bulletin?
Would you like to trade scans of "Technical Bulletins"?
Eric&Barb

sure. I have 120 different technical bulletins. some are just variations of the same bulletin. for window washers, I have:

Z12 10.57
electrical windshield washer
(covers all type I models)
shows a jar and an electric motor

Z13 12.59 edition 1959
windshield washer for VW passenger cars
shows a bag with a manual pump

Z13 1961 edition supercedes previous editions of Z12 and Z13
pneumatic windshield washer for volkswagen and karmann ghia models
shows the plastic bottle that hooks to the spare tire

Z13 1st supplement 1962 edition
windshield washer system for type 2 vehicles
(covers buses of course)
shows the plastic reservior

the supplement from 1962 wa an update with new bulletins some of which were not in the 1961 edition of technical bulletins. my index from 1961 shows no bus windshield washer bulletin. my index from 1962 indicates that the washer bulletin showed up in the first supplement in 1962.

I will bring my tech bulletins book to puyallup and yakima and you guys can check it out there. I can scan any specific bulletins that you need.
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: