Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

vwcru - [email protected]
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: vwcru
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Yesterday
rob7900
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:03 am    Post subject: vwcru - [email protected] Reply with quote

It's been nearly two weeks since I ordered a drivers side mirror from VWVRU. After I paid him for the item, plus his standard 3% paypal fee, I immediately asked him to confirm my payment. To this day he has failed to reply to my emails, or acknowledge reciept of the paypal transaction. All I ask is at least some feedback if my purchase is going to be delayed. At this point I believe I may have been ripped off! Sad
DaveM
Mad Samba Scientist

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if you search through these forums, you'll find that VWCru (aka Don Height) is a stand up guy. You'll get your part(s) as I'm sure there is a good reason for the delay.
jbbugs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you're reacting and posting WAY TOO early on this.Check Donnie's other feedback,and you'll probably start feeling like an ass when your parts show up.You don't have to worry about Don.2 weeks is nothing to wait for on internet deals.Paul

69 OG paint Transporter
73' Super Beetle Champcar Endurance Roadracer
Patina my ass, that's a Rust Bucket!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rob7900
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:07 pm    Post subject: VWCRU Reply with quote

I hope I do get the part... I think he should at least respond to my emails, or let me know when I will indeed receive shipment. He does have a lo of positive feedback, this is why this transaction is all the more surprising.
obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think someone said he has been away( in one of the other posts in here...)
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rob7900
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: VWCRU Reply with quote

Well all I can say is for now on I think I would prefer to deal with JordanCyr or anybody else that does not make you wait for over TWO WEEKS with absolutely no feedback. Don't know why some of you guys are singing this mans praises; even if he is out of town, certainly no way to run a business Exclamation
lonotch
Samba Padrino

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are sending the man praises because he is a honest seller who describes his items in details, I'm sure you will be happy with your purchase and if not he'll probaly take it back. Did you hear their was a big strom back east?(I.E no computer) things happen, and i'm sorry that you've not received it sooner. He has always come through for me.
Also someone will tell you to post his in the original thread, it's pretty long you should read it there are alot of happy costomers.

Neil.

German Folks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rob7900
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject: VWCRU Reply with quote

Listen guys, there is no reason to get sarcastic. I am just somebody who is eager to get his parts. If he does come through, and I hope he will, I will be the first to apologize and post right here that I made a mistake.

Rob
Dave
Samba Elder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: VWCRU Reply with quote

rob7900 wrote:
Listen guys, there is no reason to get sarcastic. I am just somebody who is eager to get his parts. If he does come through, and I hope he will, I will be the first to apologize and post right here that I made a mistake.

Rob

The get your fork out- you're about to eat your fill of Humble Pie.

I've known Don for a long time, and he has NEVER EVER ripped anyone off, for any amount, at any time. He's easy to find at shows from CA to CT, from WA to FL.
I'll be waiting to see your apology, rob7900. As someone has already said, two weeks is NOTHING on an internet deal. Don maintains a very busy schedule, especially during the height of show season. Last I heard, he doesn't have a state of the art laptop and wireless connection. I'll tell you what- if Don doesn't send your parts, and you can PROVE you got ripped off by him, send me the parts list, I'll get the parts out of my own pocket, and send them to you--- free.
Don is part of the solution, NOT part of the problem.
I'll be waiting for your public apology on this forum, and it had better not be a half-assed one, either.

"Those that matter, don't mind,
and those that mind, don't matter"
Wiggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: VWCRU Reply with quote

Dave wrote:
rob7900 wrote:

Rob

The get your fork out- you're about to eat your fill of Humble Pie.

I've known Don for a long time, and he has NEVER EVER ripped anyone off, for any amount, at any time. He's easy to find at shows from CA to CT, from WA to FL.
I'll be waiting to see your apology, rob7900. As someone has already said, two weeks is NOTHING on an internet deal. Don maintains a very busy schedule, especially during the height of show season. Last I heard, he doesn't have a state of the art laptop and wireless connection. I'll tell you what- if Don doesn't send your parts, and you can PROVE you got ripped off by him, send me the parts list, I'll get the parts out of my own pocket, and send them to you--- free.
Don is part of the solution, NOT part of the problem.
I'll be waiting for your public apology on this forum, and it had better not be a half-assed one, either.

Well said.

My 58 Ghia Vert

My 51 Split 11G

My 57 Deluxe

My 56 Oval
rob7900
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:18 pm    Post subject: VWCRU Reply with quote

Like I said before, there is no hidden agenda here or back handed motive to bash the guy. I merely want my parts and it has been two weeks already. None of my prior deals ever ever took this long.. You have my word that I will apologize when and if I get the parts. Look guys, I am a VDubber just like all of you, maybe you guys have more money than I do, I don't know? but I don't like to lose money. I have read all the prior posts and he does sound like a stand up guy, that is why I purchased from him in the first place. If he would communicate, I probably would feel much better about this whole thing. I am sorry to have caused such a commotion here, hopefully it will all work out okay.

Rob
Wiggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: VWCRU Reply with quote

rob7900 wrote:
Like I said before, there is no hidden agenda here or back handed motive to bash the guy. I merely want my parts and it has been two weeks already. None of my prior deals ever ever took this long.. You have my word that I will apologize when and if I get the parts. Look guys, I am a VDubber just like all of you, maybe you guys have more money than I do, I don't know? but I don't like to lose money. I have read all the prior posts and he does sound like a stand up guy, that is why I purchased from him in the first place. If he would communicate, I probably would feel much better about this whole thing. I am sorry to have caused such a commotion here, hopefully it will all work out okay.

Rob

You really need to stop BITCHING about the two weeks shit. TWO WEEKS is nothing, be patient.

My 58 Ghia Vert

My 51 Split 11G

My 57 Deluxe

My 56 Oval
53 0val
Samba Professor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: Re: VWCRU Reply with quote

2splits wrote:
rob7900 wrote:

Rob

You really need to stop BITCHING about the two weeks shit. TWO WEEKS is nothing, be patient.

Wait until you get something from German eBay. You probably will have a stroke before it arrives. Rolling Eyes
DaveM
Mad Samba Scientist

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this thread is a perfect example of why the mtv generation is bound to fail... less than a 30 second attention span and are you sure you can make a buritto that only takes 20 seconds in the microwave, I just don't have a minute. instant messaging, buy it now, fed ex same day deliveries. The rust on your VW had way more time to develop. stop and contemplate your navel for a bit. sounds like your mind could use it.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry, he will come through.

Based on similar reports in the past, he sometimes has delays on responding to emails or shipping items out.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dave
Samba Elder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those of us that know Don, and there are many (look at the other feedback he has receieved in different threads on this forum) know what a stand-up guy he is. I will be watching this closely, and WHEN (not if) the parts arrive, with the reason that Don was in the middle of a cross-country parts hunting or parts chasing tour, or in the midst of attending 15 shows in 16 days, I will be waiting for a hearfelt, public, apology from this guy, to Don. And, after besmirching the man's name, it had better be a damned good apology.

"Those that matter, don't mind,
and those that mind, don't matter"
rob7900
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:26 pm    Post subject: VWCRU Reply with quote

First of all, I am not from the MTV generation, I am in my 40's. Secondly, the God of all sellers, and you're good bud will get his apology when I do receive my parts. It has never been my intention, nor have I ever discrededited Don in any of my prior posts I have merely suggested he could probably do his business better by communicating what the delay is. I really do not think 2 weeks is reasonable, as many vendors here on Samba ship things much more promptly. Going on parts hunts, or VW conventions, before shipping your customers orders to me is not good business. I am sorry some of you have been offended that I have some way put a blotch on you're good friend Don, but the fact of the matter is I DO NOT HAVE MY DAMN PARTS!! When he does return from his hiatus, i will apologize for suggesting he may have ripped me off. I WILL NOT HOWEVER apologize for complaining about the delay.
hambone
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are sort of being jerks about this. Rob is just looking out for himself, can you blame him these days? I've had trouble with 2 different Samba sellers over the years. Took me a while to get the problem resolved, and it tends to make one nervous. Give the guy a break, he seems like a good guy.
rob7900
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 1:27 pm    Post subject: VW CRU bad vendor Reply with quote

Thanks Hambone, I was beginning to think nobody out there was looking out for the consumer.
zdub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,

Don may be a bit slow due to a vacation (?)

EVERYTHING that I have ever bought from Don has been excatly as he described, and of good quality.

Don is a good guy, you will get your parts.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: