Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Glasspack?
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hornman
Samba Soul Surfer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject: Glasspack? Reply with quote

Yowser! I just had another Bugpack single muffler break off at the weld... The first one I understand. My bus was so low I beat the snot out of that muffler. But I had Jason (Rust Box) raise her up a bit so that's not as big an issue. So, I need a new muffler. Who's tried a Glasspack? Bet they sound cool. I have a Chico-Built 1600 SP with dual Kads, J tubes, header, etc., in my '67 Standard. Stock tin, apron & bumper. Would a glasspack have the right flow? Thanks as always!
NAES
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not have J-bird just fab you up another one?

I think glasspacks sound like ass
SBS #00
Mikee
Samba A.D.D. Boy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya, have j-bird make something for ya instead of that krap

bugnut68 wrote:
I would have kicked the guy right in the dick, balls, ass and face and destroyed his weed. Hippies suck.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
frijole73b
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a glass pack on my bug, i like it.

"everthing is always for sale for the right price"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pyrOman
Fire Master

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMHO, glass packs sound kool, LOUD but kool. However, they do tend to burn valves since it's almost like running a stinger. The loudness does get old after a while. Confused

Here's a set up I designed myself. It goes through a cherry bomb for the "tone" and a 22" silencer to keep it somewhat low. Does alright but doesn't provide much in the back pressure department. Oh, and it does get LOUD when I open them Dellortos all the way!!! Anxious
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I got a ceramic coated single pack set up for my next motor. Also check out splitpile's new bus muffler! Cool
Ace
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had an old kadron header with a glasspack. It sounded great. Tucked up pretty high too. I haven't seen them for years now.
Hornman
Samba Soul Surfer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NAES wrote:
I think glasspacks sound like ass

That's bad, right? Cool Well, I don't want loud. Throaty would be good. But with Kadrons, single barreled and all...

I didn't think Ronnie was done with his muffler. PLUS, I'm a starving musician with no budget. Cool

As always, thanks all.
ScrapJunkie
(O\U|U/O)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pyrOman wrote:
IMHO, glass packs sound kool, LOUD but kool. However, they do tend to burn valves since it's almost like running a stinger. The loudness does get old after a while. Confused

Here's a set up I designed myself. It goes through a cherry bomb for the "tone" and a 22" silencer to keep it somewhat low. Does alright but doesn't provide much in the back pressure department. Oh, and it does get LOUD when I open them Dellortos all the way!!! Anxious
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I got a ceramic coated single pack set up for my next motor. Also check out splitpile's new bus muffler! Cool

That's cool looking.
VWBobby
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ultraflow by Dynomax mufflers are about the best flowing mufflers. They are $65 from Summit. I would say my bus is still in the "very loud" department with a 'muffler tip' after the muffler also.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
pyrOman
Fire Master

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blessed Bus wrote:
Well, (1.)I don't want loud. Throaty would be good. But with (2.)Kadrons, single barreled and all...

I didn't think Ronnie was done with his muffler. PLUS, I'm a starving musician with (3.)no budget. Cool

As always, thanks all.

(1.) Then you do NOT want a glass pack. Rolling Eyes

(2.) As I mentioned above, my "system" does sound kool but when I open up the carbs it does get LOUD! Shhh (doesn't bother me much for at 75mph most of the noise is way behind me! Laughing )

(3.) Tough choice! Buy a cheap empi single pack for $50. And the six months later buy another one! And then six... you getting the picture? Confused

That said, Ronnie's set up is to be made out of stainless. He is also after the "kool sounding" aspect of it. Well worth the price! Cool

Germanpride wrote:
That's cool looking.

Thanks I though so too! Razz
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: