Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Brezelwerks - Gary - [email protected]
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Brezelwerks
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: December 14, 2022
Wiggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Brezelwerks - Gary - [email protected] Reply with quote

It takes a lot to WOW me, but I have to tell you, Gary Constantine does incredible work.

He took my beat -up, warped petri three spoke hornring, and WOW did he do an incredible job restoring it. It looks NOS.

I have had awesome experience with Gary, I've bought stuff from him before, but my jaw is still on the ground looking at this hornring.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=215104

My 58 Ghia Vert

My 51 Split 11G

My 57 Deluxe

My 56 Oval
OC Resto-Rod
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary is the "magician" in the vintage VW world as far as restoration and QUALITY remanufactured parts go. He's also a really nice guy!
gizmo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just bought a Bekowa rack off Gary, and I cannot say enough about him. Excellent Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
thebucket
Samba Stockbroker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary lent a hand in my pealit ring as well. And it turned out perfect. With that said however, it took Gary 4 months longer than expected and cost me twice as much as I was quoted. I was not pleased with that but am very pleased with the work. In the ned it was worth the frustrations.
Wiggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebucket wrote:
Gary lent a hand in my pealit ring as well. And it turned out perfect. With that said however, it took Gary 4 months longer than expected and cost me twice as much as I was quoted. I was not pleased with that but am very pleased with the work. In the ned it was worth the frustrations.

Why did it take so long to post the feedback after you got the wheel back? Is it because you didn't like something he said in a recent thread?

My 58 Ghia Vert

My 51 Split 11G

My 57 Deluxe

My 56 Oval
thebucket
Samba Stockbroker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2splits wrote:
thebucket wrote:

Why did it take so long to post the feedback after you got the wheel back? Is it because you didn't like something he said in a recent thread?
Yep, I didn't even think to post. But I did a search to check his feedback and saw the post and decided to post my feedback. It wasn't to be jerk and I didn't bash him. I just want people to be aware with a restoration such as mine price and time quotes may not apply
Wiggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebucket wrote:
2splits wrote:
thebucket wrote:

Yep, I didn't even think to post. But I did a search to check his feedback and saw the post and decided to post my feedback. It wasn't to be jerk and I didn't bash him. I just want people to be aware with a restoration such as mine price and time quotes may not apply

Interesting. I had the exact same restoration done and it cost exactly what he said it would. Took longer, but that because my ring was a prototype.

Bucket, you would have had a tremendously difficult time trying to find someone else to restore that wheel. He had to make parts from scratch to do it right. If he would have taken the fast and easy route, you would have been complaining about the quality.

My 58 Ghia Vert

My 51 Split 11G

My 57 Deluxe

My 56 Oval
thebucket
Samba Stockbroker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2splits wrote:
thebucket wrote:
2splits wrote:
thebucket wrote:
Gary lent a hand in my pealit ring as well. And it turned out perfect. With that said however, it took Gary 4 months longer than expected and cost me twice as much as I was quoted. I was not pleased with that but am very pleased with the work. In the end it was worth the frustrations.

Interesting. I had the exact same restoration done and it cost exactly what he said it would. Took longer, but that because my ring was a prototype.

Bucket, you would have had a tremendously difficult time trying to find someone else to restore that wheel. He had to make parts from scratch to do it right. If he would have taken the fast and easy route, you would have been complaining about the quality.

Kevin I a have thanked Gary in numerous threads for the work he did. I am not complaing about the quality. Read my comments I think I said all in all it was worth the wait and price.
As far as the time and price go I can post PM's from Gary explaining why the price was higher, and why it took longer..... Shall I post those? The point of my original post here was to give another perspective of Brezelwerks. "God has his flaws too" I wanted prospective shoppers to know that hey while his work is flawless it may cost more and or taker longer than expected. Feedback is what is posted is it not? Sorry if my experience was different than yours. And to make sure you understand exactly what I am saying I'll sum it up Kevin. "Gary your work on my wheel was flawless. For this reason I am willing to overlook the fact that it cost me more than you origanlly said and took you3 months longer than planned. And yes Gary did justify the price and time increase. But it still happened and that was my point from the start. "Feedback". Idea
KantDriveFast
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently PMed Gary about an item (early Beetle rear ashtray handle) I was unable to locate, to see if he knew if it was being repoped. He said he never looked, but if I don't find it let him know.

So today I get a package in the mail with 1 new ashtray handle! Looks PERFECTLY like the original! What a cool dude. I never sent him a dime either.

Thanks a ton Gary. -Tom
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VW Type 211
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Gary and Brezelwerks Reply with quote

I purchased a blank pod and ashtray for my 50 standard. They were very nice parts that Gary sold me. Exactly what I needed and just how I wanted them...Perfect...
I also like how he is easier to get in touch with, for questions and other things. He is always willing to answer my questions.

Thanks Gary!!!

Gregory Ornelas
andy 64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive brought stuff gary befor and had it sent to the uk what a well cool guy to deal with.and the parts he sells are way cooler than what we can get over here. Very Happy
p horvath
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject: gary Reply with quote

gary has restored numerous parts for me. the wait may be a little longer than i like(it doesn't help that i'm impatient)but the quality is tremendous. radio knobs, radio collars,radio bezels and chromed speaker grill w/cloth, all the work was flawless. but what most impressed me was when he restored the original wire cover from my 57 beetle. this thing was pretty trashed but he made it look brand new. i still don't know how he did that one. next time you see him ask him about it. i don't think he'd do one of those again.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
andy 64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi gary hope you see this. have sent you a couple of e mails regarding the door collers.ive sent payment can you just drop me a mail to let me know everythings cool.as i have had trouble with people receving e mails from me.

thanks andy
andy 64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

e mail sent from gary all is cool Very Happy

andy
Texbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 8:28 am    Post subject: Gary's super! Reply with quote

My wife dealt with Gary on a Christmas gift for me. He was very helpfull and shipped as agreed. The quality/workmanship is outstanding!!!
hawaii five-o
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to say that Gary has been very helpful with my questions I PM him about my '51 split restoration. He is very knowledgeable and passionate about these cars!

I recently won an eBay item from him as well as purchasing a copy of a split manual from him. Both items I was very happy & pleased with the transactions. Very good email communications & shipped very fast.

I wouldn't hesitate to purchase from him again, which I probably will because he does have what I need for my split! Wink

Thanks Gary!

ALOHA!
mbugz60
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just received my petri 3 spoke hornring and various other split parts back from Gary for repairs and all I can say is I will be doing business with him again. Excellent workmanship.

Mike Cummings
St. Martinville, Louisiana
John Moxon Premium Member
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just received my repro Motormeter Gauge Holder from Gary. Top work from the best kind of dealer/restorer.

Highly recommended.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
GDOG57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my motorola ivory knobs w/custom color inset.Very good work.When i paid him i forgot to add the shipping cost,which Gary waived,what i guy.I highly recomend brezelwerks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Wiggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the opportunity to visit the Brezelwerks shop yesterday. Its a very impressive set-up! Not very big, but wow, what a great workshop. You can tell how much he cares about the hobby and his shop, its top notch. Very HIGH QUALITY environment.

Also got to see some of the items that will be coming out soon from him. All I can say is WOW! Stay tuned!

My 58 Ghia Vert

My 51 Split 11G

My 57 Deluxe

My 56 Oval
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Jump to:
Page 1 of 14

Jump to: