Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Brezelwerks - Gary - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Brezelwerks
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: December 14, 2022
Shawn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm wondering the same thing p horvath, I received an auto response from his email;
Please note the shop is closed for vacation at this time until July 20th. No orders will ship until then unless you have heard from me otherwise. Thank you. Gary

Hope everything's ok....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
markizzard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:15 am    Post subject: wish i'd read this before I gave him money back in May Reply with quote

Subject line says it all. Ordered a window winder handle set and a shift knob.
back in May of this year. Followed the instructions to the letter.
Haven't heard a peep out of him since then. I have sent a courteous email but nothing.

I read all the posts saying he does great stuff and just wait. It's been 5 months now. I can't issue a pay pal dispute as others have suggested as its over 45 days and they won't recognise it.
Im in New Zealand and have been restoring my 356 cab, every single other vendor I've dealt with via the Samba has been incredible but this is just pretty disappointing.

I do hope theres been an oversight here.

Looking forward to your prompt response Mr Constantine.

regards

Mark Izzard
Brezelwerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: wish i'd read this before I gave him money back in May Reply with quote

markizzard wrote:
Subject line says it all. Ordered a window winder handle set and a shift knob.
back in May of this year. Followed the instructions to the letter.
Haven't heard a peep out of him since then. I have sent a courteous email but nothing.

I read all the posts saying he does great stuff and just wait. It's been 5 months now. I can't issue a pay pal dispute as others have suggested as its over 45 days and they won't recognise it.
Im in New Zealand and have been restoring my 356 cab, every single other vendor I've dealt with via the Samba has been incredible but this is just pretty disappointing.

I do hope theres been an oversight here.

Looking forward to your prompt response Mr Constantine.

regards

Mark Izzard

Mark,

The oversight may be you were one waiting that did not receive notice back in May that all of these custom made to order only 356 knob products were temporarily offline.

The ad for those items was also deactivated for the first time in nearly 7 years at that time as well, so all new tooling could be remade over the summer, which took a lot longer than planned.

The ad remains offline currently as I finish up on all the remaining new tooling this month.

May is also my annual shutdown month, I am always hammered with many orders trying to get "in" before the shutdown, which creates the busiest and worst time for expecting order status which is something I am usually unable to offer even during the open months. So your order was up against two difficult variables, all new retooling plus the shop shutdown when I am nearly entirely unavailable.

Your order is however mostly complete, and expected to ship within the next few days by signature service registered airmail.

Please note also, if you had actually read any of my prior posts here, at request, if/when someone cannot wait for their order when circumstances occur, I always provide refunds even after a paypal claim period has expired. As a small custom fab shop, not just a vendor/reseller, there are times I have to remain flexible in this way to be fair to customers that can and do wait at times.

As I am just ramping up the shop the last 2 weeks, I am trying to respond to emails soon as possible through [email protected], thank you.
markizzard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:25 am    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply Gary.

I've changed my address in the last 6 months.
I've sent you an email to the verizon address with a confirmation of my new postal address ..

kind regards

Mark
Brezelwerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:23 pm    Post subject: Weather impact Reply with quote

FEBRUARY SHOP UPDATE:

The northeast US, in particular northeast MA where we are located has been slammed with record breaking snowfall that has closed the shop frequently during the past 3 weeks.

2 more major snowfall events are coming within the coming week, and while orders are still being shipped weekly, there are varying delays on all orders, which is likely to continue until the region stabilizes to usual winter weather.

Unplanned for events, such as the severe pattern of storms we are getting, is why all of our ads indicate items are "usually" in stock, and shipping the next day after payment. The conditions here however have been beyond usual and have been extremely disrupting to shop operations.

Please note, our email has changed to; [email protected] as we've switched service providers, and voicemail is expected to be setup early next week.

Also, since January, when all orders paid by Paypal are shipped, Paypal sends an email to all customers with a tracking number for your records and followup as desired.

Thank you for your continued patience during this time, looking forward to Spring!!!

Gary
sleez
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:31 pm    Post subject: fuel reserve Reply with quote

just received my fuel reserve handle assembly and its very well made
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
GASBNR
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry i know this is a Feedback section, but I've tried a numerous times to contact Gary to buy some bits off him, please can someone help.
I'm not sure if he getting my emails. Look forward to hearing from you Gary.
Oliver
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
OLDveedubs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too cannot get a hold of him. I sent payment and haven't heard anything...
"Perfection through inspection."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Brezelwerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the limited availability, especially this time of year as its the busiest. As a small custom fab shop the entire focus currently is on producing items for a surge of orders that are impossible to predict.

Although many orders are shipping weekly, as all the ads indicate, leadtimes easily double as many prep for the driving/show season. Very few orders however have been held up more than 3 weeks at this point.

If an order is paid by paypal, when the order ships paypal will automatically email the tracking number for the shipment. Thanks for your patience.
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll never deal with this seller again. I sent a payment, along with an email that I had sent a payment for a reproduction dome light knob. All this was done on June 8th and I have yet to hear anything from him at all. I've sent at least 3 emails and not one response. If you can't keep up with business or at least respond to your customers, you have no business even running a business, small or not. I'm sure someone can respond to your emails for you if you aren't capable. I also find it funny that he visited the site yesterday, but couldn't make it to his emails.
Brezelwerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, thank you for not ordering again from me.

All of my ads clearly have indicated here for years now:

- Sorry as a small custom fab shop it is not possible to take phone calls during business hours, please use email only to: [email protected], and we will try to respond soon as time allows.

- We do not provide order/shipping updates unless there is a problem, as processing times for custom made products are all estimated, and vary daily, please expect some delays prior to the driving season and prior to the holidays.

- Brezelwerks now ships in-stock items year round, and stops taking made to order items from June 1 - Aug 31 annually, or as posted.

Technically my shop was closed before you sent in your order, and this is a made to order item, not really an instock item though I "try" to keep a few instock for show season.

This is how any small custom fab shop works, its not for everyone, so if you are uncomfortable with my terms and those variables, for a $19 part, its best you try another source.

That said, I posted the tracking number earlier on your paypal transaction, so it was on its way already before I saw this comment.
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brezelwerks wrote:
Yes, thank you for not ordering again from me.

All of my ads clearly have indicated here for years now:

- Sorry as a small custom fab shop it is not possible to take phone calls during business hours, please use email only to: [email protected], and we will try to respond soon as time allows.

- We do not provide order/shipping updates unless there is a problem, as processing times for custom made products are all estimated, and vary daily, please expect some delays prior to the driving season and prior to the holidays.

- Brezelwerks now ships in-stock items year round, and stops taking made to order items from June 1 - Aug 31 annually, or as posted.

Technically my shop was closed before you sent in your order, and this is a made to order item, not really an instock item though I "try" to keep a few instock for show season.

This is how any small custom fab shop works, its not for everyone, so if you are uncomfortable with my terms and those variables, for a $19 part, its best you try another source.

That said, I posted the tracking number earlier on your paypal transaction, so it was on its way already before I saw this comment.

I didn't call, I emailed, and if you're too busy to email a customer back, you should probably rethink making things to sell. I ordered and paid for that part on June 8th, are you telling me you haven't had one minute to spare since then to send a courtesy reply to let me know? I'm sure most will agree, if an ad on this site is active, one would assume you have the part in stock. Another good idea would be to deactivate every single ad you have when your shop is closed. Maybe try to calculate how many parts you sell each year and make a few extras. It's not rocket science, there are better ways of doing things than how you're currently doing them, you'd be very surprised how far COMMUNICATION goes in this world. I also find it very funny that you can respond to your feedback and not emails.
Brezelwerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again, my terms, not yours, not your "ideas", not your ideals, as you have no idea how a highly specialized custom fabrication shop works, or rather can only work.

This is not an amazon.com, its not a wolfsburg west, and adding a person or people just can't be hired to answer calls and emails about where your $19 knob is, or your price would go up to $40, and all they would tell you is that your order is in process, for you paying double the price, and double the price in this hobby won't sell.

What most people would understand is that as a highly specialized shop, making and restoring many things not anyone else provides, like your $19 knob, it means my shop is first extremely busy, and it can only run extremely lean to control costs. It means juggling a wide mix of orders, managing through all the variables that pop up unpredictably and hourly in the process, and trying to keep to estimated ship dates best as possible, and this means ship dates change daily.

I've been running this small operation going on 15 years full time, after a very established and successful past career in managing other businesses. But this is a very different kind of business here, and though how it operates may not please you, thousands of orders have been produced this way, literally thousands, and well over half of my orders are from very repeat customers.

The fact that I've taken the time here, is happenstance, because at 9pm last evening when I finally sat down, I saw near the top of my pile of emails a notice from paypal that you filed a claim, so I logged on to add the tracking number so you knew it just shipped. Noticing your attack comments there, I just figured you also took to the samba feedback to also try and make up for all the major injustices in the world I cause.

Again, your type of customer is not one I need, not one that is unable to read my ads, nor accept my terms, or tries to school me on how to do what they have no clue about. Thank you for your understanding.
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brezelwerks wrote:
Once again, my terms, not yours, not your "ideas", not your ideals, as you have no idea how a highly specialized custom fabrication shop works, or rather can only work.

This is not an amazon.com, its not a wolfsburg west, and adding a person or people just can't be hired to answer calls and emails about where your $19 knob is, or your price would go up to $40, and all they would tell you is that your order is in process, for you paying double the price, and double the price in this hobby won't sell.

What most people would understand is that as a highly specialized shop, making and restoring many things not anyone else provides, like your $19 knob, it means my shop is first extremely busy, and it can only run extremely lean to control costs. It means juggling a wide mix of orders, managing through all the variables that pop up unpredictably and hourly in the process, and trying to keep to estimated ship dates best as possible, and this means ship dates change daily.

I've been running this small operation going on 15 years full time, after a very established and successful past career in managing other businesses. But this is a very different kind of business here, and though how it operates may not please you, thousands of orders have been produced this way, literally thousands, and well over half of my orders are from very repeat customers.

The fact that I've taken the time here, is happenstance, because at 9pm last evening when I finally sat down, I saw near the top of my pile of emails a notice from paypal that you filed a claim, so I logged on to add the tracking number so you knew it just shipped. Noticing your attack comments there, I just figured you also took to the samba feedback to also try and make up for all the major injustices in the world I cause.

Again, your type of customer is not one I need, not one that is unable to read my ads, nor accept my terms, or tries to school me on how to do what they have no clue about. Thank you for your understanding.

Trust me, I'm not the only one who disagrees with how you do things. I actually work for myself so I know how important it is to reply to customers. Whether you like it or not, part of owning a business is keeping in contact with your customers. I guarantee that Everett on this site is busier than you and your small business, but guess what, he finds time to reply to everyone that contacts him and he almost always gets back to you that same day! Like I said, if your shop is closed, you need to deactivate your ads. You have no business taking orders or people's money if your shop isn't even open for business. Maybe you you stop working an hour early each evening just so you can take the time to respond to emails. You definitely have a backwards way of running your business. You had time to respond to your feedback twice now, but couldn't respond to an email from me, I'm sure you still don't get it though. This whole thing could've been avoided had you just to 1 minute to respond. Nobody should have to wait almost 2 months for anything. Take your ads down if you don't have the part ready to ship, period.
Brezelwerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jays58s wrote:
Brezelwerks wrote:

Trust me, I'm not the only one who disagrees with how you do things. I actually work for myself so I know how important it is to reply to customers. Whether you like it or not, part of owning a business is keeping in contact with your customers. I guarantee that Everett on this site is busier than you and your small business, but guess what, he finds time to reply to everyone that contacts him and he almost always gets back to you that same day! Like I said, if your shop is closed, you need to deactivate your ads. You have no business taking orders or people's money if your shop isn't even open for business. Maybe you you stop working an hour early each evening just so you can take the time to respond to emails. You definitely have a backwards way of running your business. You had time to respond to your feedback twice now, but couldn't respond to an email from me, I'm sure you still don't get it though. This whole thing could've been avoided had you just to 1 minute to respond. Nobody should have to wait almost 2 months for anything. Take your ads down if you don't have the part ready to ship, period.

I have only taken the time to respond to you here, because every few years someone like yourself chooses to get upset when they expect to get something that isn't offered in my terms.

Your persistence however in trying to prove some kind of point trying to armchair quarterback a highly specialized fab shop you do not remotely understand an ounce of, is neither constructive, nor appreciated.

Instead, you could of taken that "1 minute" to first look back a few pages on this thread, where I have gone into many fine details as to how this small custom made mostly to order business operates, and why, and most importantly, why not to panic about your $19, or any payment sent.

I am not an unreasonable person, I am actually one of the good guys in a sea of shenanigans I hear about going down every week in this hobby. I have also been there several times when say a shop like Kochs' or WCC has made promised ship dates that have come and gone sometimes many times over. But, I also have a greater understanding as to how custom work ebbs and flows, especially top quality work, and I also know that even with the extra people and staff they have, they cannot actually be proactive with communication, and if/when they do, its because a customer is spending many hundreds if not thousands of dollars, and still are only really estimating, but its not a "service" any one of those shops are going to extend for a $19 order, like it or not, and whether or not those terms and conditions are written down somewhere, or not.

If you or someone else expects otherwise, and for you its all about the communication, even for a $19 order, in all cases, one size must fit all, driving that square peg into a round hole, you have honestly chosen the wrong hobby, period.

Take just one example, Belairman (Ruben) here on thesamba, nice guy, been working and doing business with him for two decades. Ruben just left you positive feedback because you just had to box something up you had on a shelf somewhere, simple.

Today I actually shipped Ruben 7 made to order items, 3 of which were highly specialized, very expensive, and very tricky to make Petri Pealit reproduction parts, items that I have not advertised here for nearly 4 years, parts only I make, and can only make in between when its possible to do so.

Now Ruben understands how all custom work happens and not, and over a 3 month period, the order just came together, and I tried to keep in communication with him on progress monthly, and I did not invoice him for payment until all of this work was completed.

The point is, many many of my long time customers sometimes work with me in this way, because they understand the complexity and nature of this small business. They understand that delivery timeframes are mostly estimates, and nomatter how much they staff, it doesn't automatically create extra communication to all, even though we prone to bending over backward to help customers, even if you don't believe this is the case, just ask Ruben, for example for his thoughts.

Not everyone is going to accept or like how any company or shop operates, you cannot please everyone all the time, but shops like mine do their best every day in and day out, and for every complaint I might get here, hundreds of orders flow out in between with zero issues, and zero returns over all this time also.

Further, over 2/3 of my ads have been deactivated for over a year now, as Everett will attest, as best efforts to try and reduce what does and doesn't get advertised in able to keep up with unpredictable order inflows, which is not an exact science either.

Next, the minute I do deactivate an ad, I get a dozen PMS, calls, and emails about if I discontinued the item, and many of my customers still want everything listed so they know what to plan for at some point. There has not been one perfect solution for everyone, but by far my customers want what I offer, listed, like it or not.

Lastly, I'm not just offering up excuses why your $19 order was late, I am taking the time to explain to you and perhaps a few others the varying nature of this very unique business and the many efforts put forth to try and please as many as possible, all the time, even when I am formally closed.

Therefore I am only really interested in servicing customers who get it, and more than happy to lose those that have chosen the wrong hobby.
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're obviously missing my point, I get that it's not easy to custom make parts, otherwise a lot more people would be doing it, but in the time you took to write those long drawn out responses to me to try to protect your name and how you run things, you could've sent out quite a few emails. You don't deactivate your ads, I've watched them. You also renewed your ad on July 22nd, but couldn't take the time to respond to me? When you renew an ad, that tells people you have the item in stock or could make it within a short amount of time. I could care less about the $19 part, if I had realized you did business the way you do, I would've forked out $80 for an entirely new NOS dome light. I'm not the only person that has an issue with how you do things, I've gotten pm's from people agreeing with me on what I'm trying to explain to you. I'm not on here trying to run my mouth, I'm on here staring my experience with you. Others may be happy with you and that's fine, but I wasn't so I left my feedback, that's what this section is for. Point is, if you know you're closing up shop from June to August, DON'T renew your ad to make people think you're still making parts. Your ad is completely contradicting too, you say that items ship within 5-7 days, but at the bottom it says you'll be closed, are you seeing why I'm upset about you finally responding after almost 2 months?
Brezelwerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jays58s wrote:
You're obviously missing my point, I get that it's not easy to custom make parts, otherwise a lot more people would be doing it, but in the time you took to write those long drawn out responses to me to try to protect your name and how you run things, you could've sent out quite a few emails. You don't deactivate your ads, I've watched them. You also renewed your ad on July 22nd, but couldn't take the time to respond to me? When you renew an ad, that tells people you have the item in stock or could make it within a short amount of time. I could care less about the $19 part, if I had realized you did business the way you do, I would've forked out $80 for an entirely new NOS dome light. I'm not the only person that has an issue with how you do things, I've gotten pm's from people agreeing with me on what I'm trying to explain to you. I'm not on here trying to run my mouth, I'm on here staring my experience with you. Others may be happy with you and that's fine, but I wasn't so I left my feedback, that's what this section is for. Point is, if you know you're closing up shop from June to August, DON'T renew your ad to make people think you're still making parts. Your ad is completely contradicting too, you say that items ship within 5-7 days, but at the bottom it says you'll be closed, are you seeing why I'm upset about you finally responding after almost 2 months?

Perhaps if you initiated your feedback by expressing the disappointment in shipping time and my terms, instead of mainly framing your feedback as a progressive attack seeking to discredit me and how you think I should be running my business, plus telling me how personally I am not working right each day, you'd get a much shorter and different response.

I'm not missing your point, nor your passive aggressive attitude. Sure, maybe a few ads could be better managed, or deactivated if a part is not readily available when I am shutdown. Yes in a perfect world, where there were enough profits, and the right talent to hire, and insure, with lower overhead, with less order backups and delays to manage, then yes all these mostly pesky admin details could be managed more effectively and you could be fully kept abreast of your $19 order, just how all the big boy companies have absolutely perfect spotless communication with 100% customer satisfaction.

Until then I guess I'll just have to try and be happy with managing a thousand orders that arrive in and ship annually, from customers that get what I do, that aren't trying to tell me what I'm doing wrong, and aren't expecting shipping updates, who are willing to wait for top quality product, whom aren't the least concerned how my ads run and what they read like. I guess most of them are just smart enough to know that in the rare case when something goes wrong, they have paypal to straighten things out if needed.

For the record, in an attempt to more conscientiously manage demand, given the limitations of a non-scalable highly specialized extreme niche custom shop, @2 years ago, 150+ ads were deactivated when I purposely downsized in order to right size, apparently you clearly missed that major deactivation event yes? 50+ ads were next completely deleted altogether, and 95 remain deactivated, as Everett will attest, only 40 remain live.

Of those 40 left, at least a dozen ads are circulated between activated and deactivated as time and resources allow, and I just reactivated the Petri Pealit ad parts a few days ago, since I was working up a small batch of pieces for Ruben's order. So ads do change, whether you believe it or not, or saw that or not, and I'm surprised frankly with all your business knowledge, and all your checking and watching of what I do, and update, with when I log in or out, how you missed any of that? Fascinating.

Nonetheless, of those ads that remain, some have not been fully re-edited for details, though, as-is, these haven't disrupted any orders arriving in, nor shipping out since the downsizing, that 90%+ of the time get delivered as advertised, and the rest managed until they can be shipped soon as possible.

Such is the case with your order, getting it out soon as possible. It was being managed in, not ideally, but replenishment of what ran out of stock was up against the busiest period where there are delays already, while other orders were trying to be wrapped up for annual shutdown.

This dome knob is usually kept in stock, even though it says made to order, because it is a routine nuisance item that frequently has gone missing even on nice original domelights, so usually they are in stock. They are advertised as made to order on purpose, because come springtime, I always get a big run of these and run out as people prep for show season, and such is the case with your order and few others looking for one.

However, with the run up on my annual summer shutdown and maintenance period, being 3x busier wrapping up delayed orders and planning for shutdown, wrapping things up which are changing daily, on an average 50+ orders being managed at any given time, is the priority. If I have to stop and update status that will only change for everyone, for 50 orders, it slows down the output, it takes me out of the shop, and delays everyone, exactly what the major bulk of my customers don't want.

Now, I have also chosen to leave the rest of those 40 ads running most of the time for many reasons, even during shutdown, which Everett has never voiced an issue with, because by request from many customers who keep them on their watch list for planning orders, and find them helpful because many ads contain many correctness/application details most never detail out on their ads, and to keep them as a minimal form of simple advertising as I do not advertise anywhere else. If for some reason this annoys you to no end, and its such a huge nuisance to thesamba, present your protest with Everett. I guess for you for some bizarre reason you have never run into the dozens of times where operations, big and small, advertise items, that aren't always in stock when you want them, so yeah big scandal, time to escalate.

As for your order, as you well know it shipped out before you filed a paypal claim attacking me there first, and before you sought some kind of retribution here trying to tell me how I should operate and work. Even so, sure I will still own up and apologize for the extra 3 week delay, beyond the normal seasonal delay, and the bad timing up against a shutdown, and then a holiday period off, which bumped your order that much further out. That's what happened, and realistically its not that unreasonable given the circumstances.

That said, we've pretty much covered why at least you and I will not be doing future business together, thank you.
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brezelwerks wrote:
jays58s wrote:

Perhaps if you initiated your feedback by expressing the disappointment in shipping time and my terms, instead of mainly framing your feedback as a progressive attack seeking to discredit me and how you think I should be running my business, plus telling me how personally I am not working right each day, you'd get a much shorter and different response.

I'm not missing your point, nor your passive aggressive attitude. Sure, maybe a few ads could be better managed, or deactivated if a part is not readily available when I am shutdown. Yes in a perfect world, where there were enough profits, and the right talent to hire, and insure, with lower overhead, with less order backups and delays to manage, then yes all these mostly pesky admin details could be managed more effectively and you could be fully kept abreast of your $19 order, just how all the big boy companies have absolutely perfect spotless communication with 100% customer satisfaction.

Until then I guess I'll just have to try and be happy with managing a thousand orders that arrive in and ship annually, from customers that get what I do, that aren't trying to tell me what I'm doing wrong, and aren't expecting shipping updates, who are willing to wait for top quality product, whom aren't the least concerned how my ads run and what they read like. I guess most of them are just smart enough to know that in the rare case when something goes wrong, they have paypal to straighten things out if needed.

For the record, in an attempt to more conscientiously manage demand, given the limitations of a non-scalable highly specialized extreme niche custom shop, @2 years ago, 150+ ads were deactivated when I purposely downsized in order to right size, apparently you clearly missed that major deactivation event yes? 50+ ads were next completely deleted altogether, and 95 remain deactivated, as Everett will attest, only 40 remain live.

Of those 40 left, at least a dozen ads are circulated between activated and deactivated as time and resources allow, and I just reactivated the Petri Pealit ad parts a few days ago, since I was working up a small batch of pieces for Ruben's order. So ads do change, whether you believe it or not, or saw that or not, and I'm surprised frankly with all your business knowledge, and all your checking and watching of what I do, and update, with when I log in or out, how you missed any of that? Fascinating.

Nonetheless, of those ads that remain, some have not been fully re-edited for details, though, as-is, these haven't disrupted any orders arriving in, nor shipping out since the downsizing, that 90%+ of the time get delivered as advertised, and the rest managed until they can be shipped soon as possible.

Such is the case with your order, getting it out soon as possible. It was being managed in, not ideally, but replenishment of what ran out of stock was up against the busiest period where there are delays already, while other orders were trying to be wrapped up for annual shutdown.

This dome knob is usually kept in stock, even though it says made to order, because it is a routine nuisance item that frequently has gone missing even on nice original domelights, so usually they are in stock. They are advertised as made to order on purpose, because come springtime, I always get a big run of these and run out as people prep for show season, and such is the case with your order and few others looking for one.

However, with the run up on my annual summer shutdown and maintenance period, being 3x busier wrapping up delayed orders and planning for shutdown, wrapping things up which are changing daily, on an average 50+ orders being managed at any given time, is the priority. If I have to stop and update status that will only change for everyone, for 50 orders, it slows down the output, it takes me out of the shop, and delays everyone, exactly what the major bulk of my customers don't want.

Now, I have also chosen to leave the rest of those 40 ads running most of the time for many reasons, even during shutdown, which Everett has never voiced an issue with, because by request from many customers who keep them on their watch list for planning orders, and find them helpful because many ads contain many correctness/application details most never detail out on their ads, and to keep them as a minimal form of simple advertising as I do not advertise anywhere else. If for some reason this annoys you to no end, and its such a huge nuisance to thesamba, present your protest with Everett. I guess for you for some bizarre reason you have never run into the dozens of times where operations, big and small, advertise items, that aren't always in stock when you want them, so yeah big scandal, time to escalate.

As for your order, as you well know it shipped out before you filed a paypal claim attacking me there first, and before you sought some kind of retribution here trying to tell me how I should operate and work. Even so, sure I will still own up and apologize for the extra 3 week delay, beyond the normal seasonal delay, and the bad timing up against a shutdown, and then a holiday period off, which bumped your order that much further out. That's what happened, and realistically its not that unreasonable given the circumstances.

That said, we've pretty much covered why at least you and I will not be doing future business together, thank you.

Again, you ARE missing my point. It's not about me telling you how to run your business, it's called customer service. You have yet AGAIN, taken the time to write a long, unneeded, and drawn out response that is completely pointless because you're focused on the wrong things. I'm a very easy person to get a long with and I understand what it takes to fulfill orders and keep customers happy, but ignoring them for almost 2 months is MY problem. Your long responses tell me that you have more than enough time to send a quick one sentence email to a customer. Had you replied to my very first email, and even given me a longer ship time than the 5-7 days quoted on your ad, or had even said, "sorry, I close up at this time of year and won't be able to get your part out to you til this date", I would've been more than satisfied to either wait, or expect a refund. THAT is called customer service, it's not that difficult. Now, we're on here going back and forth over something that could've been handled in the very beginning. Like I mentioned earlier, I'm not the only one with that has had this issue with you. If you can't take care of your customers, maybe YOU are in the wrong hobby and business. I'll leave at this because you obviously continue to miss my point and think that you have how your business should be run, down to a T, good luck to you.
Brezelwerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One last time here, I understand your point. You just have difficulty understanding or accepting that my very specific type of business just cannot offer the kind of customer service you think I'm missing, and its been explained why. My business does not have a customer service issue, it has an ongoing daily throughput capacity issue, which is why I was forced to downsize in half.

Getting orders is not a problem, fulfilling orders and managing their constant unpredictable mix each day, is an all-consuming daily challenge. This is my focus, the right one, getting the very best quality product available to a very long list of patient customers soon as possible.

The same volume of orders here are going to arrive in here whether or not I add in a some kind of new customer service you think I need, which would only increase prices alot, increase delays, plus due to the nature of custom fabrication, any ship date someone might give you today, is highly subject to change by the next day. Useless and inefficient.

Trying to remind me of your point any further is unnecessary, thank you.
jays58s
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brezelwerks wrote:
One last time here, I understand your point. You just have difficulty understanding or accepting that my very specific type of business just cannot offer the kind of customer service you think I'm missing, and its been explained why. My business does not have a customer service issue, it has an ongoing daily throughput capacity issue, which is why I was forced to downsize in half.

Getting orders is not a problem, fulfilling orders and managing their constant unpredictable mix each day, is an all-consuming daily challenge. This is my focus, the right one, getting the very best quality product available to a very long list of patient customers soon as possible.

The same volume of orders here are going to arrive in here whether or not I add in a some kind of new customer service you think I need, which would only increase prices alot, increase delays, plus due to the nature of custom fabrication, any ship date someone might give you today, is highly subject to change by the next day. Useless and inefficient.

Trying to remind me of your point any further is unnecessary, thank you.

It's called common sense and common courtesy, if you can't provide that, your business will eventually fail. Nobody said you had to stop what you were doing, cut back on quality, or reply to emails as they come in, but a courtesy reply to all your customers at the end of each day after you're done working isn't going to kill you or your business.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Jump to:
Page 12 of 14

Jump to: