Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Gerson - [email protected] - Klassic Fab
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Gerson
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: April 11, 2024
EmpiGT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: Gerson - [email protected] - Klassic Fab Reply with quote

EmpiGT wrote:
Anyone talk to Gerson in a while? I've called a couple times and emailed. But nothing back. Trying to place an order.

Got a response the day after I posted this but sounded like an employee of Gersons. I replied on the 26th and nothing back yet. Sent another email today. We'll see?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EmpiGT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: Gerson - [email protected] - Klassic Fab Reply with quote

Received most of the order so far, but must say the front doors are very impressive. Only wished they came with the outer skins installed. They are super nice!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
rstrobel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:37 am    Post subject: Re: Gerson - [email protected] - Klassic Fab Reply with quote

Is anyone else having issues with placing an order through KlassicFab? I ordered heater channels a couple of weeks ago and it went well. However, now when I enter my address it says, "There are no shipping options available. Please ensure that your address has been entered correctly, or contact us if you need any help." I don't know why this is the case because I know for certain that I entered my info correctly. I emailed them, but I won't get a response till tomorrow at the earliest, and I'm curious if others are having this issue and if it has been resolved.
•(__)•
(O\!/O) <--- supposed to look like a beetle Very Happy
tristanblue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:07 am    Post subject: Re: Gerson - [email protected] - Klassic Fab Reply with quote

rstrobel wrote:
Is anyone else having issues with placing an order through KlassicFab?I emailed them, but I won't get a response till tomorrow at the earliest, and I'm curious if others are having this issue and if it has been resolved.

Yes, I as well. I have been trying to order some parts placed in my cart but ZERO shipping options available. I have sent two emails through the contact info on the site and no replies at all.

I can't believe after all these years Gerson or Auto Craft does not have any distributors (that actually stocks most of the panels) in the USA yet. This ordering overseas BS just sux.
62DoKaGuy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: Gerson - [email protected] - Klassic Fab Reply with quote

tristanblue wrote:
rstrobel wrote:
Is anyone else having issues with placing an order through KlassicFab?I emailed them, but I won't get a response till tomorrow at the earliest, and I'm curious if others are having this issue and if it has been resolved.

Yes, I as well. I have been trying to order some parts placed in my cart but ZERO shipping options available. I have sent two emails through the contact info on the site and no replies at all.

I can't believe after all these years Gerson or Auto Craft does not have any distributors (that actually stocks most of the panels) in the USA yet. This ordering overseas BS just sux.

Gerson used to have stateside distributors, and they were very responsive, whether by phone or email. Not sure what happened, but that stopped.

4/62 Double Cab
5/61 Panel (sold)
4/59 Single Cab (sold)
skills@eurocarsplus
Samba Peckerhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: Gerson - [email protected] - Klassic Fab Reply with quote

62DoKaGuy wrote:

Gerson used to have stateside distributors, and they were very responsive, whether by phone or email. Not sure what happened, but that stopped.

I spoke to one of those US distributors and they ended up dumping Gerson (according to them) because he was impossible to do business with and they simply didn't make enough off of the parts to justify it.

according to them they only sold the parts because they were that good...but in the end it was a no money deal for them. it was too difficult to get orders, and I guess they paid up front for the parts before they shipped....imagine being out 10k, waiting for months for an order then everyone who wanted the parts couldn't wait and wanted a refund or moved on...

I wish this could get sorted. he makes fantastic panels

my reason for switching to subaru is my german car was turning chinese so i said fuck it and went japanese.......
[email protected] wrote:
most VW enthusiasts are stuck in 80's price land.

Jake Raby wrote:
Thanks for the correction. I used to be a nice guy, then I ruined it by exposing myself to the public.

Brian wrote:
Also the fact that people are agreeing with Skills, it's a turn of events for samba history
CanStan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: Gerson - [email protected] - Klassic Fab Reply with quote

Concept 1 (Concept1.ca) in Alberta sells all the Klassicfab metal. They bring it in by the container full. It's probably worth a look since Americans will save 30% on the garbage CAD right now. That will probably offset the cross-border shipping expense.
AJack500
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Gerson - [email protected] - Klassic Fab Reply with quote

Bought some metal for the bus on the 26th, received it on the 30th! Outstanding speed for the shipping rate. Couldn't be more satisfied. Will be placing more orders soon!
Atlantic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:23 am    Post subject: Re: Gerson - [email protected] - Klassic Fab Reply with quote

Very disappointing quality !

I ordered lower inner and outer doglegs Bus 52-60.
they are:

- too wide
- arched significantly wrong radius
=> lots of cutting and fitting work beyond the expected matching up To the bus.

- they do not even match to each other (come as two parts that go together). There are huge gabs within the channel for the seal - quite a challenge.

Also, the primer was applied super sloppy with runs and smudges.

It was not what I expected.
Atlantic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: Gerson - [email protected] - Klassic Fab Reply with quote

In all fairness, I want to mention now that they were open to hear my criticism. As a result they refunded me 100% without me having to ship the pieces back (I already altered them and used them).
It was a huge amount of extra work (more than the usual fitting of aftermarket parts), but they showed that they cared and I appreciate it !
Thank you ... would give you another chance.
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Gerson - [email protected] - Klassic Fab Reply with quote

are there any US distributors these days? I checked their site but didnt see any listed. How are people here in the states buying your heater channels? Paying the international shipping? Are there any small distributors here selling them at swap meets or car shows?

Thanks
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge"
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Gerson - [email protected] - Klassic Fab Reply with quote

Chickensoup wrote:
are there any US distributors these days? I checked their site but didnt see any listed. How are people here in the states buying your heater channels? Paying the international shipping? Are there any small distributors here selling them at swap meets or car shows?

Thanks

Question They answer the phone right there in Jupiter, and ship from Jupiter, Florida. That's right down the road from you.
Chickensoup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Gerson - [email protected] - Klassic Fab Reply with quote

yes 12 hours down the road Laughing my bad i thought they were founded over seas. 140 bucks to ship a heater channel a state away doesnt seem right tho. is this what it usually cost?
'66 RIP
'69 RIP
Hosea 4:6 "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge"
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Gerson - [email protected] - Klassic Fab Reply with quote

$140 sounds steep. I can't comment on heater channels because I've never purchased one, but I bought a full Bus nose panel from them a couple years ago and it was nowhere near $140 (I can't remember the actual shipping cost), and that was coast-to-coast! Shocked

Maybe they're passing along the cost of getting it from Columbia to you?

For what it's worth, when I spoke with Gerson at The Classic in '02 or '03, the story was something like this: he started out in Florida, but then compliance with U.S. regulations for manufacturing became cost-prohibitive, so he moved it all to Columbia, but he's still based in Florida. (If I recall the conversation correctly.)
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
Jump to:
Page 16 of 16

Jump to: