Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Problems with SO-42 pop-top tent from gowesty.com
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
///Mink
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:55 am    Post subject: Problems with SO-42 pop-top tent from gowesty.com Reply with quote

I just ordered a new pop-top tent for my SO-42 from gowesty.com and when it arrived, I noticed an issue - there is no velcro strip above the screen to hold the screen covers in the rolled-up position like my old tent has.

So was this tent made incorrectly, or is that how most manufacturers are building them these days? It seems kind of stupid, since you can't have the screens open because there's no place to attach the covers!

I'm curious where you guys bought yours and whether they had the velcro hold-up strips.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: Problems with SO-42 pop-top tent from gowesty.com Reply with quote

///Mink wrote:
I just ordered a new pop-top tent for my SO-42 from gowesty.com and when it arrived, I noticed an issue - there is no velcro strip above the screen to hold the screen covers in the rolled-up position like my old tent has.

So was this tent made incorrectly, or is that how most manufacturers are building them these days? It seems kind of stupid, since you can't have the screens open because there's no place to attach the covers!

I'm curious where you guys bought yours and whether they had the velcro hold-up strips.

I bought mine from PLF, as they are closest to original you can find: white screens, closer color and velcro on 3 sides of the window. Dawn can be slow but I'm sure you could see if they have one in stock prior to placing your order or whatever.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
truckersmike
Elder Sambanite

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, you get what you pay for. Those other canvas tops are cheaper but there is a reason why. I chose Dawn when she had one in stock.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
///Mink
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I talked to the guys at Gowesty and it seems that this tent is designed differently than the one currently in the Bus. The screen covers on this one are "hinged" at the bottom, and you pull them down to open them. The ones on my current tent roll up and attach at the top.

Secondly, my current tent has 4 screens (one on each side) and the new one only has 3!

So I would like to know:

1. Originally, did the screen covers roll up or pull down?
2. Should there be 3 screens or 4?

Finally, I'd love to buy my new tent from Dawn at PLF, but based on all the problems people have had with her service, I'm going to look elsewhere.
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

///Mink wrote:
Well, I talked to the guys at Gowesty and it seems that this tent is designed differently than the one currently in the Bus. The screen covers on this one are "hinged" at the bottom, and you pull them down to open them. The ones on my current tent roll up and attach at the top.

Secondly, my current tent has 4 screens (one on each side) and the new one only has 3!

So I would like to know:

1. Originally, did the screen covers roll up or pull down?
2. Should there be 3 screens or 4?

Finally, I'd love to buy my new tent from Dawn at PLF, but based on all the problems people have had with her service, I'm going to look elsewhere.

PM rustybus and see if they have one in stock if you want., she has the best ones out there.

You should have 3 windows (front, and two sides) and they roll down.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Stitch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had mine custom made from Dawn.... she teaches patience...she is not slow. Wink
DraginInk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

junebug6t4 wrote:
I had mine custom made from Dawn.... she teaches patience...she is not slow. Wink

Well put, very well put Wink

Aloha HBB & Mr. Wolfe
galelem
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:40 am    Post subject: ? Reply with quote

Sorry - but who is PLF?
Das Dragon
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawn @ http://www.plfvw.com/

With *****, "Bullshit Happens"!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: