Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

turboblue - [email protected]
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
iubhounds
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:04 am    Post subject: turboblue - [email protected] Reply with quote

VW engine builders and vw shops are few and far between in Central/Southern Indiana. It was here on Samba that "mynameismud" suggested I get in touch with "turboblue" on building an engine for my 65 bus. I told Gary how I wanted to drive the bus, what tranny I had, what type of driving I did and what type of roads I traveled in.

He gave me options that he thought were best for me to choose from and and then built a great engine to those specs.

All through the process Gary kept me constantly updated, sometimes daily, with emails and pictures without me asking. After the build and within the first 1,000 miles he still kept in touch with me answering any question I had about my new set up.

I suggest anyone that is wanting a quality engine for a type II to get in touch with Gary at Davis Racing or 'turboblue' here on the samba.

Thanks Gary!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mharney
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary's a great guy. I visited him on my moving trip across country. He's got a good shop set up, and he's an honest hard working guy. I'd recommend him to anyone that needs one built.

Just watch out for those engines that come out of his shop with "Gary's Engine Xchange" stamped on them.

lol JK Gary. Don't sue me.
turboblue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the kudo's Steve, not necessary but appreciated.

Mark, I owe ya one pal. Wink

Paul, thanks for the recommendation too. Smile

Turbo VW Sand Drag Buggy

"If you don't run into the Devil every once in awhile, you must be going in the same direction!"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
60sunroof
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I to can say Gary's engines are great.
last week I got a new 2165 engine from Davis.
I put the engine in and went to the track and ran a [email protected]
in a pretty hot street car.

Thanks Rich.
mynameismud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up the engine that Gary Turboblue put together for me for my kombi, along with the tranny that his guy ( vance?) did for me. Gary kept me informed, made recommendations, and answered all the inane questiones that i continually asked through the entire process. i just ordered a wire harness, and need to get the battery tray, thanks Kelly Metwiz, put in and hopefully will be able to get it the engine mounted up shortly thereafter. In the meantime- it looks mightyfine on the garage floor.
Ann Mezger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great buyer! Very Happy Gary bought a set of cylinders from me / Vintage Performance & sent payment right away. Although it's usually the buyer that comments on great communication, as a seller I really appreciate when people are quick to get back to me with all of the details needed so I can label a package correctly & make sure it gets out right away. I'd definitely do business with him again without hesitation.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
keifernet
Samba Search & Rescue

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary is a class act... we have traded and sold stuff to each other numerous times over the past few years... if there is a problem dealing with him is it YOU Laughing Razz Evil or Very Mad
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vboyfl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just bought some intakes from gary super smooth deal and man he shipped them fast thanks gary
exotic plants
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: Good Seller Reply with quote

Gary is a superlative seller!! Price was fair, he was very responsive, the item arrived in great shape and very well packed. Thank you Gary! Cool
Rear driver side fender.
Cash waiting.
------------------------------------------------------------
thrown_hammer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where to start… I have a Baja that just wasn’t behaving. I drive the car everyday in Indiana, and being a Baja it didn’t have any of the cold weather stuff on it anymore. So Gary sends me a used tri-mill exhaust with intake heat ports and a nice inverted “V” muffler to try out and if I like it I can pay him. Well because of the cage design (5/1600 car) the muffler doesn’t fit. Gary says no problem just bring it down when you can. I had to argue with him just so I could pay for shipping the exhaust to me in the first place!

The car at that point was still being a pain. I explained to Gary the symptoms. He thinks it is the carb. I explain it is a brand new carb and I even put a rebuild kit in it because I didn’t like the quality of gaskets in the new carb. Then he offers to send a rebuilt, proven, tuned in carb he had rebuilt by Keifernet (Kudos to him as well) for no money out of pocket. He tells me to put it on the car and drive it around for awhile. If it doesn’t fix your problem send it back no charge. If it does then you can pay for the carb at that point. So I put the carb on and I’ll be darned. Car runs perfect now. Sent the check yesterday.

Ended up ordering all new brakes for the front end and had them the next day. He even sent a used rear drum because one of mine had thrown a lug.

He always seems to have time to answer questions and talk you thru stuff over the phone. Never rushes to get off the phone even though I am sure he has plenty to do.

Buy without hesitation.

Keeper of the Titanium Monkey
keifernet
Samba Search & Rescue

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been doing deals with Gary back and forth for years now. I always get treated fair and he just helped me out with a large special order of stuff I needed in a hurry...

Thanks Gary!
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
keifernet
Samba Search & Rescue

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just like I said the last time I posted... I have ordered more stuff I needed from Gary recently ( several times the past couple months alone) and he has always shipped promtly and communicated well (if something was not availble or would be coming in a seperate later shipment etc etc...) great guy to do biz with.

Thank you Gary!
Mauserdude67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:47 am    Post subject: He Rocks! Reply with quote

Turboblue braved the ravages of winter to make sure my part arrived in a timely manner. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend or buy from Gary again.
He's the kind of people that makes the Samba classified ads such a great place for everyone to shop. Thanks man!
-Greg
Eric_S
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary sold me a Scat Pro Comp 84mm and Carrillo rods for a great price. Sight unseen, I PayPalled him the cash and he sent me the parts. They arrived well packed, in good condition and exactly as he represented them.

Straight up dude. If the opportunity arises, we will do business again.

What are all these extra parts?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
schwaaabus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary was a great help. I bought some F.I. parts from him, and he threw in a bunch of other parts not listed in his ad. Too cool. Thanks a lot Gary. Hope to do business with you again.
keifernet
Samba Search & Rescue

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary sold me some more parts I needed and I also sent him another carb to sell from his shop this week... He's a great guy and I have always been grateful for the way we work things out dealing back and forth. You can't get any better than him for smaller shop to shop or customers who need that little bit extra special/personal service.

THANKS GARY! Very Happy
cwo4usn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary,
Thank you for being so accommodating and very willing to help. You are a man of integrity and have a high ethical business practice. I really appreciate the patience and for helping me correct the mixed up on my payment. I received the part for my VW 66 and it looks great!
Thanks,
Dan
jdoisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:38 am    Post subject: Zero off set wheels Reply with quote

Super easy transaction! Got my wheels fast!!!!
Thanks again.
Jason
jfats808
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought some gaskets from him and shipped fast. Thanks Gary.

Rockstar Suzuki wrote:

You might as well put 10 year build in your bullshit sig, as it will NEVER run. Also your a dick

You can always learn something new, even from a fool.
Check your oil levels routinely!
67ghiaTIV
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:53 am    Post subject: Great Seller Reply with quote

Just recieved my mid transmission mount. He was great to do business with, great communication, great shipping, product looks great and I can't wait to install it.

Thanks
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: