Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Ahhh...springtime!
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
EricD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: Ahhh...springtime! Reply with quote

For my wife and I, spring means weekends spent rock climbing in Leavenworth, WA and Squamish, BC. Purchase of the Westy last spring helped the tradition to continue with the daughter in tow. She's one and a half now and more than just along for the ride. So far she LOVES camping.

Just got back from the first trip of the season...since fall we've got new wheels/tires, headlight relay upgrade, a fixed fridge, a mold-free pop top, and floor mats. Oh, and a new stereo (replacing a good one that was stolen) that has an IPod connection in the back. The iPod lives in the glove box and is controlled through the stereo face plate - very cool. Life is good...SmileSmileSmile

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
msinabottle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: You all Look Disgustingly Happy... Reply with quote

You all look digustingly happy. Good.

I'm at the stage of trying to figure out what jobs remain to optimize Winston for this year's camping. Stuck an LED 'Dot' light in the closet, and am fabricating a rear shade/insulation/reflector for the rear window out of Reflectix, metal tape, and earth magnets. Then I have to figure out what to do about the 2 6x9 speakers in the bench that are disconnected. Current plan is to remove the backs, then attach two pieces of black sheet metal behind the grills.

Anyway, take care of all three of them--kid, spouse, and Van.

Best!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
M_atthewanderson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NICE!

Where did you go?

Looks like a great day in the woods. Hope you were out Sunday it was beautiful.
Benjamin Schott
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spring time here obviously means massive snow storm, been snowing for 3 days and won't stop....argh.
EricD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattography wrote:
NICE!

Where did you go?

Looks like a great day in the woods. Hope you were out Sunday it was beautiful.

We were in Icicle Creek Canyon, outside Leavenworth. Days were spent bouldering and hanging out in the sun. Saturday was sunny with a few clouds and cool temperatures. Sunday was clear blue sky. We're supposed to do yard work this weekend, but I may be successful in my effort to change plans and go back to the mountains. The grass can wait.

Benjamin Scott wrote:
spring time here obviously means massive snow storm, been snowing for 3 days and won't stop....argh.

I know. My inlaws live in upstate NY. We made sure to send them some pictures from our weekend.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: