Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
frankentrike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:05 pm    Post subject: newbie Reply with quote

hey Very Happy new fish here.i own a bike,don`t own a trike,but,would love to.what is a decent price for a trike ,running,fair shape,all the parts or, maybe missing just a couple,you know, something i could get my hands halfway dirty on.don`t know enough about anything to put a kit together but, i also don`t want a super hopped show rod either..how bout it?any suggestions?oh yeah,thanks for having this forum Wink
Eddie Too
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:33 pm    Post subject: Trike Reply with quote

Hello drako 1, I'm new here too. Glad to see someone interested in trikes.
I am in the process of building one now. As far as a dollar amount, you could spend a few bucks up to several thousand. I started with a $800.00 bug and am using a fiberglass body. I figure I will end up with about 3-4 thousand in mine but you could go less or a lot more. A good site to see a lot of different trikes is "Brothers of the Third Wheel". Go there and click on photos at the top of the page. There are over 700 pictures of about any kind of trike you can imagine. Hope this helps a little. Let me know if I can help you. Smile
Eddie.
frankentrike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great to meetcha.my problem is i dont have the room or skillz it would take to tear down a complete bug.i need something thats at least halfway there.btw?been there. got scared off because i picked up a really NASTY virus.corrupted everything except my on button,and i aint REAL sure about that.anyway,glad someone replied to my post.was begining to think i was the only one who was interested in trikes. Smile
Eddie Too
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try "Trikes Inc." That's Glassmann out of Alanta Ga. I ordered my body from them. Should be here tomorrow. They sell anything you want from the ground up. They have a frame with the torsion arm for around $700.
Eddie
meinetypdrei
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eddie Too wrote:
Try "Trikes Inc." That's Glassmann out of Alanta Ga. I ordered my body from them. Should be here tomorrow. They sell anything you want from the ground up. They have a frame with the torsion arm for around $700.
Eddie

Eddie, did you ever recieve any parts from the Glassmann.... lot of people getting ripped off by him lately and are about to turn over for federal prosecution.... just curious how you faired with him.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Other VW Vehicles/Volksrods All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: