Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

nsracing - [email protected] - w. nick sison
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: nsracing
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Yesterday
spyvsspy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update to the heads saga: Not a god damn thing! Nick has neither confirmed the shipping that he promised today, Monday, nor has he given me another lame brain excuse on why the heads have not shipped. Nick cannot be trusted fellas and based on his posts just plain doesn't give a damn about anybody once he has their parts and money. Sorry if I sound angry Nick but enough is enough. I hope you don't pull this type of shit with your patients; I could only imagine what would happen if you forgot to check up on them! I also don't put up with worrying Nick. My obligations to send you the heads, the payment for machining and the shipping were fulfilled without hesitation and you treat me like shit pulling this garbage. So it is you who will worry. Both of my parents have been following this ordeal on the samba and both are dying to help me out. Starting with Mom, who works for the Internal Revenue Service. If you happen to get called for a tax audit I hope you have reported all of your earnings from nursing, machining, and whateverelse. Also using the post office to assist you in stealing my parts and money is a federal offense. My dear ol' daddy will take that one on. And even if nothing comes out of either inquiries from the feds I'm sure you'll have a hell of a fun time getting to know your federal departments better. To hell with being patient anymore, I paid for something and I want it, not the excuses not your smart ass mouth or your apologies. And if you would really like to shove the heads in my face, I will be taking vacation and can make a quick detour to your neck of the woods.
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got this PM from nsr just before this thread started.
It sounded all nice and promising for a moment, but seeing how this head ordeal has evolved, I'm wondering how many others have recieved similar from him.
I guess it's time to share it, so none of you guys get sucked into anymore empty promises.

"Paul,

It was cool meeting you at the BugOut. Thanks for letting me have the header. The beer was extra good. Thanks.

I only work 3 nites and off 4 every week, unless it is my long stretch.

I can do the linebore and bore work, jetwash...same day. Unless I am working of course, then it will have to wait until I am off.

Work out a price sheet for me on the work that you need done, and we can talk about it.

I do not resize rods or grind cranks (my crank grinder is in Omaha at my other house now).

So case and head work, machining/blueprint, balancing. I also do shuffle pins and oil jet sprays. Flywheel grinding, valve/seat grinds. I have a cylindrical grinder so I can grind pretty much any pin or tool.

nick"

Same day service and me creating the prices---way to good to be true.

spyvsspy,
I really hope your get your parts back and maybe a refund on top of it in good faith.
Although , I wouldn't be surprised if he uses this thread as a reason to continue to cause your suffering.

Not So Reliable afterall.

Last edited by vwinnovator on Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
vugbug68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, this is getting interesting!!! I don't understand how some of the people on this site can keep their shops going with all this negative feedback. If you don't have time to do the work don't take on more work.

someone maybe waiting to take your job who can keep their customers happy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Lee.
Samba Animal Controller

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spyvsspy wrote:
Update to the heads saga: Not a god damn thing! Nick has neither confirmed the shipping that he promised today, Monday, nor has he given me another lame brain excuse on why the heads have not shipped. Nick cannot be trusted fellas and based on his posts just plain doesn't give a damn about anybody once he has their parts and money. Sorry if I sound angry Nick but enough is enough. I hope you don't pull this type of shit with your patients; I could only imagine what would happen if you forgot to check up on them! I also don't put up with worrying Nick. My obligations to send you the heads, the payment for machining and the shipping were fulfilled without hesitation and you treat me like shit pulling this garbage. So it is you who will worry. Both of my parents have been following this ordeal on the samba and both are dying to help me out. Starting with Mom, who works for the Internal Revenue Service. If you happen to get called for a tax audit I hope you have reported all of your earnings from nursing, machining, and whateverelse. Also using the post office to assist you in stealing my parts and money is a federal offense. My dear ol' daddy will take that one on. And even if nothing comes out of either inquiries from the feds I'm sure you'll have a hell of a fun time getting to know your federal departments better. To hell with being patient anymore, I paid for something and I want it, not the excuses not your smart ass mouth or your apologies. And if you would really like to shove the heads in my face, I will be taking vacation and can make a quick detour to your neck of the woods.

Shocked

Nicholas, you better post up a tracking number with today's date (as promised). You said the heads would ship today.
spyvsspy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is nothing honest in telling me over and over again that I am getting my heads sent and then it does not happen. Nick is a friggin compulsive liar and loves jerkin people around. Do you think that if I owed him money and kept giving him the run around for over a year he would still hold on to my heads or sell them off? This guy is just a plain bastard to the unfortunate and unaware members of the samba that have done business with him. And Nick, I was reading through Jbredd's posts and noticed that the cam bolts of the short block that YOU built were hitting the oil pump. If you are so great how did you get through building a short block without turning the engine 360*? Anybody would have noticed the engine not being able to fully turn. The poor man had to pull the oil pump to replace the cam bolts, something that he paid you to do.
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh geeze.

I already PM'd your tracking. Pete, you want me to post all the good things you had to say about Darren Gurrola DRD here when you begged me to redo the heads for you?? Come on now...might be fun.

Paul, it was not too long ago you had trouble w/ some crappy sheetmetals you sold. You caught hell on that one didn't ya? Enjoy the rest of the year.

Had to do a double shift yesterday. They were very short at work. So I cared for the sick one more day and catch hell from all of you waiting to have these heads shipped. I will gladly take hell and help the sick. It was too late to make the post office by the time I got off work anyway.

I was tired from the long hours, but overall I felt good that I have made a difference. I hope none of you ever get really sick, or be in a motor vehicle crash, or fall off a tree and break your necks, or have some family member suffer a painful death, or choke on a piece of meat or fruit.

You guys stay healthy. Enjoy the weather. Have a nice day.

Now I will be in the garage machining some Titanium valves.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Meyer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So let that be a lesson to all of you mugs: poor communication, lousy customer service and a bad attitude are acceptable because you might get into an accident someday and need an anesthesiologist.

Makes perfect sense to me.

vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well nick, if the head ordeal works out and spyvsspy is satisfied with the results, I'll give you one shot to redeem yourself for my business.

I have 6 blocks ready to send out for various work, and 8 heads for std valve jobs.
Here's the terms:
-You pay me $100 per block and $25 per head as security I'll get them back from you. ( The $$ returned once work is completed and satisfactory to specs)
-Cleaning cases @$25each, heads @ $10 each
-Alignbore each case for $40ea, and thrust cut $20 addl.
-Bore for 90.5's or 94's for $60 case
-clearance for stroke @ $40 case
-flycut heads for $60 pr, cut seats for $20 per head.
-no random price increases, no BS

-One month to complete in your "spare" time.-If you don't complete them, I keep the $800 security, and you can sell of the cases and heads as you please.
You'll be paid in one lump upon completion (no money out of your pocket, just your time, so no need to pay you up front- you'll need to earn the money first)

Build a rapport and we will see what the future has to offer.

Last edited by vwinnovator on Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
blankmange
Type 3 Darksider

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

420GOAT wrote:
vwinnovator wrote:
Well nick, if the head ordeal works out and spyvsspy is satisfied with the results, I'll give you one shot to redeem yourself for my business.

I have 6 blocks ready to send out for various work, and 8 heads for std valve jobs.
Here's the terms:
-You pay me $100 per block and $25 per head as security I'll get them back from you. (returned once work is completed and satisfactory to specs)
-Cleaning cases @$25each, heads @ $10 each
-Alignbore each case for $40ea, and thrust cut $20 addl.
-Bore for 90.5's or 94's for $60 case
-clearance for stroke @ $40 case
-flycut heads for $60 pr, cut seats for $20 per head.
-no random price increases, no BS

-One month to complete in your "spare" time.-If you don't complete them, I keep the $800 security, and you can sell of the cases and heads as you please.
You'll be paid in one lump upon completion (no money out of your pocket, just your time, so no need to pay you up front- you'll need to earn the money first)

Build a rapport and we will see what the future has to offer.

Im sorry but WTF!! i wouldnt do shit for you.

your sarcasm-filter is broken...

so, have the heads been shipped? I tried to read through all that self-congratulatory bullshit, but did not see anything that said definitively that they are on the way to spy...

Certified DHS Technician

Samba Member # 24517
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea sure, Blankmange. Right where it says, fuck off and get a life!

Of course the heads shipped. You want tracking numbers posted too?
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, it is called heart. And mine is pretty big. No murmurs or any arrythmias. Just the occassional tachycardia when a 24yr old ... 34-26-34 strolls by.

Paul, are the cases all Fuel Injection AS21? I will give you 100.00 each deposit on all of them.... however many. I will come and pick them up too, you don't need to drop them off.

I will have them washed and machined and cleared for ya. If I don't show up w/ them already done by your time limit, very much keep the deposit.

You game?
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea,

You'd like to snag my good german AS21's for $100, wouldn't you? Wink

I was thinking deposits for all my "H" and "B" blocks. Laughing Laughing

Last edited by vwinnovator on Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Jennepher Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cleaned up this thread. Please stick to the topic and knock off the crazy.

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
If your post begins "I know this is against the rules but..." just stop typing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
blankmange
Type 3 Darksider

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nsracing wrote:
Yea sure, Blankmange. Right where it says, fuck off and get a life!

Of course the heads shipped. You want tracking numbers posted too?

Not sure exactly where it says you shipped them: merely getting a tracking number is not the same as shipping them.

nsracing wrote:
Oh geeze.

I already PM'd your tracking. Pete, you want me to post all the good things you had to say about Darren Gurrola DRD here when you begged me to redo the heads for you?? Come on now...might be fun.

Paul, it was not too long ago you had trouble w/ some crappy sheetmetals you sold. You caught hell on that one didn't ya? Enjoy the rest of the year.

Had to do a double shift yesterday. They were very short at work. So I cared for the sick one more day and catch hell from all of you waiting to have these heads shipped. I will gladly take hell and help the sick. It was too late to make the post office by the time I got off work anyway.

I was tired from the long hours, but overall I felt good that I have made a difference. I hope none of you ever get really sick, or be in a motor vehicle crash, or fall off a tree and break your necks, or have some family member suffer a painful death, or choke on a piece of meat or fruit.

You guys stay healthy. Enjoy the weather. Have a nice day.

Now I will be in the garage machining some Titanium valves.

I didn't see anything in there that stated you had shipped them, except for the statement that you were too late to make it to the post office...

oh, and don't worry about me getting a life -- this is waaaaaaaay too much fun!

Certified DHS Technician

Samba Member # 24517
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vugbug68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so spyvsspy..... whats the verdict?
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He should be getting the heads right about now. He says he will post pics too.
spyvsspy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a message from the post office saying that the heads arrived the tenth of June. Will pick them up tomorrow eleven June and post pics and final comment on the situation.
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, you were worried that the heads got stolen. Just gotta sign for them as I insured them too.
spyvsspy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok quick update: I did receive my heads (finally)today. They were packaged well and arrived 2 days after Nick dropped them off at the post office. Nick did use the $60 I sent for shipping to pay for the actual shipping, pay for insurance, and finally a tracking number. Upon inspection of the heads a chunk was missing off one of the three ridges that are located along the outer circumference of the combustion chamber. Now I don't know if that was Nick's doing or just happened during shipping but I know it did not leave my hands like that(pics coming soon). The chamber steps were cut as promised and to the naked eye seem like good quality cuts. The chambers were opened up around 6 cc's more(will take measurements soon with beaurette and post results along with pics) but to be honest I wasn't all to impressed with the cc'ing. It looks like I could have done it myself after reading up on the procedure some especially considering that removal was only about 6 cc's, not too much material. Finally, I don't think that the work done was worth $350, especially considering the turn around time. I have tried to do the math on how Nick charged me and it does not come to me. The closest I can think of is that I was charged $50 for cutting the step per chamber. That's $200 plus 150 for removing the 6 cc's (and 120 total shipping costs). That is just too damn expensive for the work I see before me. He did get the job done but just not how I expected(I expected godlike perfection based on his posts). So I would not recommend Nick for 2 reasons: The turn around time mixed with the excuses and he charges way too much for a job(considering Brothers VW, etc have better prices and very quick turn around time coupled with great service and happy customers).
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gave you the quote and yet you still sent the heads to me. You could have sent it back to Darren at DRD to fix whatever you did not like.

I charge 150.00 just to remove the ledge w/ my expensive boring head. My time is not even worth doing the chambers for what I got paid for it. Not to mention the jetwashings.

People think you just put a grinder bit to it and just put it all back together.

The decks are accurate to at least 0.0005" head to head and chamber to chamber. If you have a surface plate, you can measure that too.

I charge 100/ port if I am porting.

I polish cams for 75.00 .... this only takes about 15 mins of time.

The heads you got at least 4 hours went into that from setting the jigborer to cutting to running the bits in there. You should pop the valves so you can see how close the bit got to the seats without mangling them. There is no re-grind on the seats. That shows you control of hands when I unshrouded the valves.

If it were 750.00 per head then you will see chamber work worth that. I am not going to do more work for what your cash can buy. Just not going to happen.

And that chunk missing was already there. You notice the bore work is not touched at all. I cut the ledge out without touching the original bore work from Darren. It takes super fine expensive gauges to find your center and make that cut. The guages are 450.00 each. You should be glad I even used them on your heads and not just eyeballed it to cut the ledge.

You should do some grinding yourself so you know how much work it is. I would bet you will ruin the seats before you can even get close to them.

YOu got your heads, and they did not get stolen. So your complain should only be it took too long. I machined them much better than what you sent me.

You want me to post pre-machining pics?

Too funny.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: