Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

nsracing - [email protected] - w. nick sison
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: nsracing
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Yesterday
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nsracing wrote:

You want me to post pre-machining pics?

absolutely! without a doubt! post before and after pics. you have often claimed to take pics of all your work, so let's see 'em!
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The heads did not get stolen after all. No thief here. End of story.

I have engines to machine and build.

I am just blue w/ envy w/ your tool collections, Hazet. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Foxx
Uncle Meat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hazetguy wrote:
nsracing wrote:

absolutely! without a doubt! post before and after pics. you have often claimed to take pics of all your work, so let's see 'em!

indeed.. lets see the pics.
or are there any pics?
Think
i love how you fuss at how much all your stuff costs, like that is supposed to impress everyone how good you are supposed to be.
i could buy a jet airplane,.. but it doesn't make me a pilot.
your only as good as your ability to do the job AND to back up your word.
if you can't, then don't take the job or make the promise.

Sarcasm is the body's natural defense against stupidity. i seem to use a lot.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
blankmange
Type 3 Darksider

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nsracing wrote:

as several others have answered - YES; post up what you started with and what you sent back to spyvsspy... you offered to do it, now man-the-fuck-up and do it...

Certified DHS Technician

Samba Member # 24517
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bruce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nsracing wrote:

You should pop the valves so you can see how close the bit got to the seats without mangling them. There is no re-grind on the seats. That shows you control of hands when I unshrouded the valves.

You should do some grinding yourself so you know how much work it is. I would bet you will ruin the seats before you can even get close to them.

Every cylinder head porter on the planet uses old "masking" valves to protect the seats when porting chambers. These masking valves are machined from old valves by cutting the margin down to almost zero.
Don't try to tell us you are some god-like porter that doesn't need to use masking valves. Anyone that doesn't use them is just dumb.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is called hand-control and high quality ARO grinders.

For basic unshrouding I do not use them. But I do use them when I am re-chambering.

If you cannot control that bit, you have no business w/ it.
Saint76
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pics would be cool..

Like to see what to look for..Since you have them anyway..
blankmange
Type 3 Darksider

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nsracing wrote:
It is called hand-control and high quality ARO grinders.

For basic unshrouding I do not use them. But I do use them when I am re-chambering.

If you cannot control that bit, you have no business w/ it.

keep patting yourself on the back: prove it

where are the pictures of your stunning work?

better yet: spyvsspy, will you post up the pics of the heads you got from Nick?

Certified DHS Technician

Samba Member # 24517
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
spyvsspy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blackmange- I will post picks of the heads soon. I just have to find the cable that connects my digital camera to the computer. Nick said in an earlier post that he machined the heads better than what I gave him. How the hell if I sent him a brand spanking new pair of heads? I was not impressed by the work and was pissed at the price and the length of time. So like I said before I wouldn't recommend or use NSR's service again.
brent bousman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From your first post your new heads were to be flycut with a .060 step in the chambers and cut 6 cc's from the combustion chambers to leave them at 51 cc's. I assume you can accurately measure this as you have the heads in front of you. Just looking at the heads and saying you were not impressed with the work is too subjective for me. Let us know if the step and CCs are as specified. Thanks.
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nsracing wrote:
The heads did not get stolen after all. No thief here.

There are other ways of being a thief.
-over charging the unaware
-stealings one's time by making them wait
-taking away one's piece of mind about whether or not they will get their stuff back
-stealing away one's enthusiasm of thier project by creating a bad experience for them.............

Just because you sent the heads doesn't mean evrything is all "peachy" for you now.
Your attitude and responses to the whole situation just plain sucked from a consumer's standpoint.

Last edited by vwinnovator on Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nsracing wrote:

I polish cams for 75.00 .... this only takes about 15 mins of time.
I am not going to do more work for what your cash can buy. Just not going to happen.

So your charging $300hr to do what the norm is $50-100hr????

nsracing wrote:

The guages are 450.00 each. You should be glad I even used them on your heads and not just eyeballed it to cut the ledge.

Your a self claimed machinist and ppl should be glad you use a guage to check your work???
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul, you must be crazy. I am not responsible for your mindset. You do what you want w/ your own head. I really do not care if you want to sleep under a bus because the heads came late.

I am upfront of what you will pay me when you want me to do the work. YOu can always take it down to the next guy, and I am not going to stop you. I never begged you for work. You send it to me or not makes no damn difference to me.

Yea, the polished cam really looks nice. But you will need a cylindrical grinder to create a piece like that.
MConstable
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man...I'd hoped things had changed with Nick, but I guess not...years ago I sent him money up-front for a case with all "his" bells and whistles.

Of course months went by with little or no communication on his part. same old story as everyone here, my job got in the way, I do this on the side, blah blah blah...it was all good when we were talking and planning, but when the chips fell, and it came time to do the work and deliver, he punked out.

Thank God I paypal'd the cash so I had record of it, and could file a complaint with them.

My favorite part was when he wouldn't answer about a week's worth of my pm's about getting my money back after months of bullshit excuses, and him ignoring me, I filed a complaint with paypal.

I got my money back as soon as they got involved, and his response was "Sorry, I was traveling and didn't have access to my computer/e-mails" ... even though the Samba showed he was on every day!! lol

Last edited by MConstable on Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:02 am; edited 2 times in total
spyvsspy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MConstable-I feel sorry for your situation and I can relate. I got a bad feeling with Nick after he started giving excuses. And I wasn't about to let someone fuck with anymore of my time after I paid to do have a job done. Nick was on my time the moment he cashed that check whether he likes it or not. To put people through those types of situations after they blindly trust you with parts/money is to straight up disrespect a person and I won't tolerate that shit and neither should anybody else. That is why I say to look elsewhere if you need machine work/balancing, etc. Don't be fooled by Nick's cool demeanor or answers in threads, the man has no respect towards his clients.
bugnut68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care how good somebody may be at what they do, or how good they claim to be. If they're an asshole, I would avoid them like the plague. There's no call for turning into an arrogant prick when a customer rightfully has concerns regarding where their money is going for a requested service.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't become asshole until you become one first.

Actually MConstable, the case was done...just needed to be in the box. But you turned jerk so I figured it is way better to just refund the cash. I actually made more when I sold the case to a friend of mine.

Pedro here was going to call the IRS, Secret Service, Fire Dept, and other relatives in the gov't if I did not send back his new pair of heads. So he got the heads back.

If it is not already obvious, I do play favorites. The jerks just do NOt get much play w/ me.

At least you know, your shit is not gonna get stolen w/ me.
jbreddawg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nsracing wrote:

Please enlighten me as to what I did then ? Was it prepaying you ? Was it waiting patiently ? Was it not harassing you even though we were going on a year ? Was it being polite in every message I sent you ?

Or did all that just make me a push over that wasn't important to you ?

fred69vert wrote:
Enough torque to pull the panties off a nun.

RCros wrote:
Sometimes I have more balls than talent.
blankmange
Type 3 Darksider

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nsracing wrote:

Actually MConstable, the case was done...just needed to be in the box. But you turned jerk so I figured it is way better to just refund the cash. I actually made more when I sold the case to a friend of mine.

Pedro here was going to call the IRS, Secret Service, Fire Dept, and other relatives in the gov't if I did not send back his new pair of heads. So he got the heads back.

If it is not already obvious, I do play favorites. The jerks just do NOt get much play w/ me.

At least you know, your shit is not gonna get stolen w/ me.

wow, Nick, the more you post about how you do business, the more you reveal about your character...

you change prices on a whim, you'll make it more difficult for a customer to get parts back if you feel they aren't being nice to you, you treat different customers differently.... but it's all good, because you aren't a thief?

I hope everyone out there reading this it getting a good load of what you are shoveling, Nick...

Certified DHS Technician

Samba Member # 24517
Gary
Person of Interest

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are the pictures that have been promised by Nick?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: