Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

nsracing - [email protected] - w. nick sison
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: nsracing
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Yesterday
blankmange
Type 3 Darksider

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary wrote:
Where are the pictures that have been promised by Nick?

they are in the same can with Nick's promises of great customer service...

Certified DHS Technician

Samba Member # 24517
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not even going to bother w/ it. I will let Pedro post the pics of the heads.

What the hell do you expect to find?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get plenty of work. My buddy list is pretty long. Makes no difference to me at all.

I already made my money this week. Off an entire week. I will be machining some engine blocks, build a couple of trannies, flycut here and there. I love my machinetools.

As I have said before, they are here for ME. No one else. I do you the favor, not the other way around. For me to turn a knob, it has to be worth my time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
blankmange
Type 3 Darksider

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nsracing wrote:
Just one more for your book, Mange.

I get plenty of work. My buddy list is pretty long. Makes no difference to me at all.

I already made my money this week. Off an entire week. I will be machining some engine blocks, build a couple of trannies, flycut here and there. I love my machinetools.

As I have said before, they are here for ME. No one else. I do you the favor, not the other way around. For me to turn a knob, it has to be worth my time.

Thanks for the life lessons, Nick...

Certified DHS Technician

Samba Member # 24517
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on, Mange. You know this hobby is pretty small. You are gonna figure out how many shops and people you are willing to keep to be in this hobby.

Somewhere down the line, there WILL always be someone not happy.

I just call them glitches and move on.
blankmange
Type 3 Darksider

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nsracing wrote:
Come on, Mange. You know this hobby is pretty small. You are gonna figure out how many shops and people you are willing to keep to be in this hobby.

Somewhere down the line, there WILL always be someone not happy.

I just call them glitches and move on.

Agreed -- no matter what, you are going to have someone that didn't like some aspect of their business dealing with you; it's a matter of simple averages. I got that.

But your attitude towards this occasional customer is what has caused this thread to head in this direction. It's not your actual machine work that's in question here, mainly because you haven't posted any proof of your proficiency, but how you handle your time with your customers. It seems that you run over on your agreed-upon-deadlines and when a customer cannot get you to respond via email or PM or telephone, they are left with a public forum to vent their frustrations. Your response to their public venting is the display that we are calling you out on, Nick. Your holier-than-thou attitude, endless bag of excuses, and the mindframe that you are doing someone a favor by agreeing to work on their heads/cases for them.

We all know that you see this from your point of view; everybody does. But if you can't see how your nasty attitude towards your customers can and will damage your business, you've got bigger problems than just dealing with the occasional VW hobbyist that's an asshole.

Certified DHS Technician

Samba Member # 24517
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not hard to deal w/ at all. I am a very giving person. I have given away a lot of money,my time, and labor when people cannot pay what they had asked me to do when I finished them.

Shit happens sometimes but when honest to goodness truth is seen as excuses and get accused of stealing, then I get really irritated and want to make him eat the damn heads.

People think that just because they threw some dollars your way that I am supposed to bend backwards? Shit no.

If I cannot work it out w/ the person, then I have no problem refunding whatever. They get their money and they also want you to have an extra kick in the teeth by smearing you.

There are people out there just don't flat out like you. I am the same. I do hate some people.

And then there are people out there that just because they have PM'd you and buddy up that I am supposed to drop what I am doing and work on their shit. Shit no. Back of the line and wait your turn.

..is all.
Gary
Person of Interest

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The following are all excerpts from this thread:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4649809#4649809
nsracing wrote:
*snip*

You want me to post pre-machining pics?

Too funny.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4636554#4636554

jbreddawg wrote:
*snip*

I originally contacted him about some balance work. I decided to let him do all the machine work ,balance work and shortblock assembly. I sent all my parts and prepaid more then half the amount . He was extremely helpful and communication was great ,at first. I did tell him I was not in a particular hurry since i still had quite a ways on the buggy. Well, that was the wrong thing to say.

This turned into more then a year long nightmare. I kept in contact by pm and asked frequently for updates and pics. What i received was excuse after excuse after excuse for months and months. after around 7-8 months I was actually starting to get kinda worried . I turned up the pressure a bit. More excuses , working late,out of town,picking up machines,working late, mother had an attack " I sincerely hope shes okay" Camera's broke,lost,borrowed .
I also was told all the machine work was done and just waiting for final assembly and a month later the block was at someones place to be jetwashed before he could start the machine work.
I was finally told it was finished and just need to be packed and shipped. i sent him the remainder of the money "which ended up more then we had discussed " He charged me extra for jetwashing the case which he did himself and was never mentioned up front and a few other things. There were tons of discrepancies in his excuses .
From the time he said it was done and said he received my check it was still many many many more excuses . It finally got to the point where he flat out wouldnt return my pm's for days to over a week even though i can see he has read them .
From the time he said is was done to the time I received it took more then a month.
*snip*

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4631748#4631748

hazetguy wrote:
there sure are a lot of Nurse Nick feedback threads.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108105
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=157909
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=106949
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=90575
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89953

this one turns into a nurse nick self promoting argument
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=168579

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/search.php?search_keywords=nsracing&search_forum=14

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4638497#4638497

nsracing wrote:
Well, Tram... sometimes the customer does know what they are looking at when it comes to quality of machine work. So they also get a little more education so next time, some other machinist will have to come up w/ just as good a machine work.

Good machine work is just good machine work. I am not going to accept a shoddy machine work because the machinist was really nice to me. That might be you, but not me.

Take for example Paul. He thinks he can just bring home machines and wake up one day and start producing awesome machine work. That is a joke. I know my own capacity and I am NOT shy about it at all.

You want to settle for some shoddy machine work because you like the fella is entirely your choice. I could care less where your parts get done.

*snip*

Interesting attitude. A true businessman would state that he is out to provide the best level of service possible and wants to keep his customers. Word of mouth (or even the Internet) gets out.
420GOAT
Samba Member

Location: Wilmington, CA on a nice quiet street but still in the 'hood

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im sorry but this is why I only do business with a reputable shop, im all for the "little guy" trust me, but this stuff makes it hard for us smalltime guys in gaining trust from folks. I actually read some of Nicks posts and thought he was knowledgeable....but now ill think twice. again i hate hidden costs and someone taking their sweet sweet time, so ill pay extra hundreds or so for piece of mind.
MConstable
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nsracing wrote:
I don't become asshole until you become one first.

Actually MConstable, the case was done...just needed to be in the box. But you turned jerk so I figured it is way better to just refund the cash. I actually made more when I sold the case to a friend of mine.

Pedro here was going to call the IRS, Secret Service, Fire Dept, and other relatives in the gov't if I did not send back his new pair of heads. So he got the heads back.

If it is not already obvious, I do play favorites. The jerks just do NOt get much play w/ me.

At least you know, your shit is not gonna get stolen w/ me.

I turned jerk...that's fucking laughable...after months of bullshit excuses and more than a week of being totally ignored I took action, I love how you try to turn you being a fuckup into me being a jerk! lol...be a man and own up to your fuckups when they happen douchebag.

Last edited by MConstable on Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:59 am; edited 2 times in total
vwinnovator
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nsracing wrote:
Just one more for your book, Mange.

If you can do all this work this week, why couldn't you do the heads in a couple hrs?? insteads of several months??
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if I am on the road, that is a given. It ain't gonna happen. And if I am working, it ain't gonna happen.

See Paul, I do NOT do $40 linebores. I do them for 125.00 each and they are perfect. I do not do $40 bore work. It is 175.00 to properly bore and deck a block and they are perfect. It is 125.00 just to skim the surface w/c includes measuring axis line and they are also perfect.

Two hour to flycut, CC and chamber each? You are out of your mind. What you just slap it on the table and start boring? Fucking butchery. You might work like that, but not me. The parts just do NOT go on my beautiful Moore Jigborer if dirty. Forget it. It gets jetwashed or it does not get machined.

I do not even know how you can compare your work to mine. I do not think you are known in /Samba as great machinist or engine builder, or engine performance contributor. And I do not think you will gain browny points w/ these people of the land by peddling your pathetic VW know-how. So don't even try it.

It will be interesting how the 2000.00 fella will get a stroker built for that.
jbreddawg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And then there are people out there that just because they have PM'd you and buddy up that I am supposed to drop what I am doing and work on their shit. Shit no. Back of the line and wait your turn.

No, your supposed to work on their shit because they paid you to.
I guess the more I pm'd to find out if my engine had disappeared the farther to the back of the line i went Rolling Eyes
You expect payment from the customer, the customer expects to actually get the job done.
I just wish I had this thread to read a year ago.
But on a positive note , maybe in ten years my NSRacing engine will be worth big money like a Berg engine ! Or it could be a Bernie Bergmen engine by then also Rolling Eyes

The good thing is, this thread is now immortalized here on the samba and the more Nick talks the worse off he sounds.
He could be the best laser surgeon in the world but with an attitude like that, I would rather go to the dollar store .

fred69vert wrote:
Enough torque to pull the panties off a nun.

RCros wrote:
Sometimes I have more balls than talent.
MConstable
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nsracing wrote:

I do not even know how you can compare your work to mine. I do not think you are known in /Samba as great machinist or engine builder, or engine performance contributor.

Now that shit's hilarious!

don't break your arm patting yourself on the back Nick. lol

Doesn't look like there are a whole lot of people that think YOU are a "great machinist or engine builder", your cheerleading squad is pretty damn small.

None of this really matters, though, there are plenty of people in the VW World that do fantastic machining, and aren't douchebags or liars, and are awesome to deal with...therefore you'll eventually screw yourself right into oblivion, just like Steve Houston, Ken Churning, etc. and nobody will give a flying fuck.
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't give a damn if you all dropped dead right now.

Cheering section? Didn't know I have one.

My retirement is pretty secure. VWs only give me pleasure in the hobby. To all my potential customers out there. Don't ever send your stuff to me anymore. Laughing

Steve Houston? Bernie Bergman? These two made a living out of VWs. There are several more VW businesses out there. Everytime one of these guys go down, I get more.

You just pray they all do NOt go down or you might have to send stuff out to me. Hilarious.

So keep them all in business.

I take credit all the time. Every little change I make to people's care, I AM RESPONSIBLE for it. Don't worry. I am not going to let you die on my watch..if it was all up to me.

Have a nice weekend. I am off a week...twice every 6 weeks! That is what you call VW-TIME. Too funny. Laughing
56vwoval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:53 am    Post subject: nsracing Reply with quote

I have been watching these posts for awhile now and I can say from nsracing's replies that I would not send him any of my work! If this is just a hobby for you, please do us all a favor and stick to health care!
Paul Wilson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never in my life heard anyone that was so full of themselves! Believe me , you are damn well not perfect and you do not do perfect work! I have been an inspector in aerospace machining for 35 years and have seen some great machining but no one does perfect work. With your attitude, I would never send you any work. I am sure glad that you don't want or need any work. If you are what you say, you could eat shit and it would come out of your ass as gold.
Paul
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I could care less where you send your stuff to. You are not hurting me any. So why bother saying you are not sending me work? That is supposed to bother me?

Was that supposed to be some kind of lost income to me? I got overtime to my neck. I do this just to unwind and relax in the garage. A hobby for crying out loud.

If you ask me to machine it to 5/10,000" spec, I will machine it to that. Wouldn't you say that is perfect to that spec? If I machine it to 1/1,000 when you gave me spec of the former, then it is not acceptable.

The aerospace industry has specifications too. If you get gobs of money to machine it to specs, it had better be within specs. So don't even tell me the aerospace will accept parts below specs. If it does not meet specified requirements, then it is trash.

W/ all your yacking, I get plenty of stuff to work on. There are people out there who care about quality machine work.

There are less than a dozen of you in this thread. If it should happen that no one ever sends me stuff to work on, maybe I get to finish my racecar early.

Fine...don't send me stuff. Tell your friends, cousins, spouse. If it makes you all happy. Geeze.
vugbug68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you would rather spend your time building your racecar or machining your stuff then do that and don't advertise your services here. I have the equipment to machine heads and cases, but I do not tell thesamba members to send me their stuff which by the way would be done damn well! why? because I would rather work on my vw's and my friends vw's
joel sug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long time looker, first time poster Very Happy spyvsspy were are the freaking pics
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: