Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bill Todd1 - [email protected]
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
otbiker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:03 pm    Post subject: Bill Todd1 - [email protected] Reply with quote

Purchased an AM Radio from Bill a few weeks ago. Arrrived well packed and shipped promptly. Radio operated for less than 3 minutes, then smoked. Removed the radio from the car and removed the top. I discovered that a few components had caught fire. It was quite evident this radio has been wet at some point.

I emailed Bill twice explaining the situation, but received no reply. I asked for a similar radio, or a partial refund. I'm reasonable...

I'm not asking for a one year warranty... but 3 minutes seems a bit short. It appears Mr. Todd simply doesn't reply to customers with product problems.
juroknow
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had the item been misrepresented? Was it ever used by the seller? Is it possible that he may not have ever opened it to see water damage?
TristanM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh boy, Bill Todd. I would definitely steer clear from him. I purchased a complete front nose panel in July from him....I was told that it was rust free and also asked for pics from every angle. I only got the front (from far away) and the inside. When it arrived, it was packed so horribly that I'm suprised it didn't fall out of the box. Most importantly though, the area just below the windshield was slathered in fiberglass, which of course was hiding major cancer. He also told me he would properly separate it from the rest of the car....it was sawed right through the drivers floor with what looked like a dull hacksaw.
I emailed him twice letting him know how pissed I was and he never responded. Funny, because I had a wanted ad for pop-out windows and he resonded asking about $50 more than others were charging.
I plainly told him to F-off. Good riddance Evil or Very Mad
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless the radio was represented to be in restored or mint condition, this sounds like an as-is sale to me.

I'm afraid in this case a normal seller might follow the path of most auto parts stores "No returns on electrical items".
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TristanM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but you think he would have at least responded to his email. OT Biker sounds like a reasonable guy. Confused
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that not responding to multiple emails give the impression of a questionable seller.

How long has it been?
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
otbiker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Lack of Reply Reply with quote

I worked for a company a couple years and my entire job was eBay sales. Sold in excess of $60,000 of used inventory with zero negatives.

If there was a problem, I always refunded their $. I ALWAYS responded no matter what.

There is SOME seller responsibility when an item fails in 3 minutes. BTW, "as-is" or "no warranty" was not in the ad...
juroknow
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But it was electrical. I would not refund anything that is electrical. There are just to many variables. Not that you did, but who's to say the buyer didn't hook it up right.
bill todd1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: am radio Reply with quote

If not for email problems I would most certainly have replied to splitty concerning his problem with am radio. He had my ph # but didn't call. To set things straight, the radio he's talking about was bench testad for at least 20 minutes before it was shipped. It worked fine. It had been sitting on a shelf in my leak proof garage for 10 years. I had no reason to open it up for inspection. Futhermore, I have no way of knowing if the radio was properly installed. It's impossible to warranty electrical parts when they are not being installed by a professional shop. I'm sorry that Mr. Splitty has had a bad experience.
As for Otbiker & the nose panel. I sent close up pics before shipping & actually ate some of the shipping cost, as well as driving almost 50 miles to get it to the Greyhound station, at no charge. Mr. Otbiker failed to mention that I offered compensation, which he refused. Later when I answered a wanted ad for pop-out windows he replied with disatisfaction about the nose panel deal. I offered him the pop-outs for free including shipping, but he also refused this offer. So, you do what you can to keep peace in this old world. But you can only do so much.
ddare
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a late model type 3 speedo from him, mostly because my odometer was broken, and this one's odometer was broken too. I told him about it, he said no problem, he'd exchange it, and I sent it back and he sent me a diff. one that worked perfectly. It didn't look as nice as the other one, but that didn't matter cause my old one was pristine and I was able to swap the guts.

I also bought a rear view mirror from him a while back, and had no problems... great shape.

Just trying to balance it out a little bit for Bill.
TristanM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I call your bullshit Mr. Todd. You gave me ONE pic of the inside of the nose panel and that was it other than the one in the ad. As for your having to drive 50 miles to Greyhound, that was your choice...I had to drive 80 miles to Roseburg but you didn't hear me bitching about that, did you? As for the shipping costs you told me Greyhound misquoted you, again, not my problem. You offered me compensation? Like what, a cold shoulder? I sent you an email AS SOON as I got home with it and told you how dissatisfied I was with it. I never was given a return email. As for the pop-outs, there's another BS lie...the ad I placed stated I only needed one. Your reply email was one for $70...you call that free with shipping? Rolling Eyes
Next time you want to set the record straight, at least come up with a better story than the one you just fabricated. Shall I post pics of the nose panel and how you "carefully" took it off? Give me a break.
TristanM
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ad : WTB Pop-out window

I have pop-out with latch for $70.00 shipping included to you.
Bill
ph 912-352-7051

You call this free with shipping?

I'm done.
bill todd1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This could go on forever but I'm neither vulgar or vengeful . Enough said.
otbiker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is otbiker, the one with the radio. I believe you've confused me with splitty . Since your email is now working, how 'bout if you reply to me now?
JINDUNGO
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:16 am    Post subject: Bill Todd1 - good seller (at least this was my experience) Reply with quote

A few months ago I put an wanted add for a pair of jalousie windows. Bill Todd answered me promptly. He e-mailed me some pictures of the jalousie windows still mounted. I also needed a pair of wing vent windows so to pay less for shipping, i asked him if he had them too. He send me pictures of them in various angles also with a good description (some rust here and there....etc). They were all working fine and his e-mails were excellent. I ended buying all from him, and everything arrived here in an more than EXCELLENT condition and very well packed. It was very expensive (especially the shipping) but they worth it...
I'm from Portugal and it would be easy for him to trick me....however, he didn't and for that i'm glad. He will remain to me as an very honest and professional seller...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
monkey knuts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: No probs for me Reply with quote

Just to say that I had no problems with my purchase from Bill.
Good comunication.
Good packaging.
Sent in good time.
Items were-what-they-were and as described.

International purchase.
Thanks,
mk
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mark Evans Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had placed an ad for some piston rings (ad still running) for a SPECIFIC size, 77.45mm. Bill Todd responded to my ad and said they were the correct size. They were the correct THICKNESS, but not circumfrence(77mm), these have too big of a ring gap! I have emailed him twice now with no responses. He did respond within the same day(s) previously when we were working out the deal.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just talked to Bill on the phone, sounds as though things will work out.
bill todd1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry mark about any delay or problems i may caused you. i was with the wife at emory university hospital in atlanta for a very serious surgical procedure for 11 days. i really wish you would have called before going to the samba with your concerns. i have no way to receive or answer emails when i'm out of town, so i didn't know you were havings problems. i'll contact you today about a refund.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alls sounds cleared up by our phone call conversation. Smile
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: