Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Dash Accessory for Supers
Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
davidw99
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:51 am    Post subject: Dash Accessory for Supers Reply with quote

As everyone Super owner knows, anything you put on a Super dash board will slide off on to the floor because there is no edge to hold things on the dash. A long time ago I remember that there was an accessory (after market probably) that could be stuck on to the dash edge to keep things from sliding off the dash pad. It was made of the same type of material as the dash and had the same dash texture. It was about 1 inch wide and long enough to fit between the speedo cluster and the right hand vent window defroster. Does anyone else remember these things or have you seen them?

'73 Saturn Yellow Sports Bug that has undergone a full pan off restoration. "Herbert IV."

'67 Sedan. "Bellamy." Currently being "refreshed" and recently repainted.
buckettt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So your saying it was some kinda lip to keep things from falling off the dash?? sounds cool....if you get any private info. please post...sounds like something usefull..I wonder why they made the dash at an angle!! I always forget and put something up there only to watch it slide back down.
John M.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one sitting on my desk that I never used when I actually had a dashboard Smile. Could probably cut it to fit. Got it at a trade show awhile back.

Found this on Google. I'm sure there are others out there.

http://new.egrips.com/catalog/

Current: 1972 Beetle - 96V EV
Previous:
1966 Beetle - Sea Blue - 1300SP
1966 Beetle - Sea Blue - 1600SP
1974 Beetle - African Red - 1914CC

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - Late Model/Super - 1968-up All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: