Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Nate@wagenswest - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Nate@wagenswest
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Yesterday
Eharrison
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Nate@wagenswest - [email protected] Reply with quote

Just want to say that I purchased the drop spindles a while ago, took a couple weeks to ship out. Fit on the bus without too many hiccups. I like like the height and they are pretty stout. Returned the cores and got the refund right away. Communication with Nate was timely.

My only complaint, they need vinyl wagenswest stickers!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

16 Tundra
14 MB C250
VWNewbie666
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Nate@wagenswest - [email protected] Reply with quote

Anyone have a number for Wagenswest? I want to call about my slambay special... it has been about 6 weeks.

I purchased a Wagenswest Slambay Kit back in September. Their website stated that the kit would be sent out within 2-4 weeks. It has been at least 6 weeks now and still no confirmation. Obviously this is concerning. I am curious about everyone elses experiences when ordering? Am I worried for no reason? I sent an email 2 days ago but no response back yet. Should I have bought a similar kit from another company? Let me know your thoughts.... thanks.
Nate@wagenswest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Nate@wagenswest - [email protected] Reply with quote

Our phone number is all over our websight and I think it's even in the shopping cart page that you ordered the kit from,I know for sure it's on the order. I look forward to hearing from you tomorrow. Please don't use this thread as a Q&A. And we always come through.
I will also look for your email tomorrow.

Thanks Nate
VWNewbie666
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Nate@wagenswest - [email protected] Reply with quote

Hey Nate,

I actually was directed here (via a link) by a moderator when previously asking in the baywindow bus forum about Wagenswest. I have heard nothing but good things about the quality of the workmanship but when I bought the kit it had said 2-4 weeks. I am currently in Canada and was trying to time this to ensure the install was completed before the snow fell so I could then transport the bus to the engine builders. I will give a call tomorrow, I look forward to getting the parts. Thanks.
Nate@wagenswest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Nate@wagenswest - [email protected] Reply with quote

If your name is Andy, your kit shipped last week. We put the email address from your order into the carrier system, if you didn't get an email maybe check your spam box.
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Nate@wagenswest - [email protected] Reply with quote

This is just a long overdue tip of my hat to Nate.

About a year ago (give or take), I called looking for some stock spring plates for my '64 Bus (I say "stock" because I don't like the cuts made to mine by the Bus Boys 20 years ago [on my IRS setup]).

Anyhoo, Nate had 'em sitting around, and sent me a super clean pair in no time at all.

Thanks again!
VWNewbie666
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Nate@wagenswest - [email protected] Reply with quote

Nate@wagenswest wrote:
If your name is Andy, your kit shipped last week. We put the email address from your order into the carrier system, if you didn't get an email maybe check your spam box.

Yes, I found the shipping notification in my spam box. Thanks Nate, I am looking forward to updating everyone on the parts once I receive them. Can't wait to install them!
mekaukauvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Nate@wagenswest - [email protected] Reply with quote

Got some stuff from nate, good guy, always answers when you call. Pleasure doing business with, and will do it again and again.
Francoc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Nate@wagenswest - [email protected] Reply with quote

Extremely frustrated with Nate. Before sending my steering knuckles for the "2.5 inch drop" modification, he told me "couple of weeks". That was more than two months ago. I'm asking daily to get my spindles back. On 7/9 he was "working on them; hopefully next couple days". On 7/24 he "should have them ready to ship tomorrow". He was very quick to cash my check, though. I hate to be held hostage like this. Not only am I out my steering knuckles but over $400 also. Choosing Wagenswest was a big mistake.
Nate@wagenswest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: Nate@wagenswest - [email protected] Reply with quote

Francoc wrote:
Extremely frustrated with Nate. Before sending my steering knuckles for the "2.5 inch drop" modification, he told me "couple of weeks". That was more than two months ago. I'm asking daily to get my spindles back. On 7/9 he was "working on them; hopefully next couple days". On 7/24 he "should have them ready to ship tomorrow". He was very quick to cash my check, though. I hate to be held hostage like this. Not only am I out my steering knuckles but over $400 also. Choosing Wagenswest was a big mistake.

I'm Sorry it took so long, I should have never let you send me your spindles, I have a hard time saying no to my customers and letting them down. I had too much on my plate and lost track of time "and your mail order". I have been moving and restructuring the shop and I just physically could not do it. Any how, they shipped out and you should have them soon. I hope you like them --- I made them myself and I took my time,, "and some of yours" doing it.

Thanks Nate @ Wagenswest.
Flylow68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: Nate@wagenswest - [email protected] Reply with quote

I recently ordered a set of Nate’s babystang front disk brakes , Including his master cylinder kit and a set of offset rear spring plates . He told me it would take 3 weeks and it was at my door in two . I can tell you this Nate is one of the only venders on here that ALWAYS awnsers his phone . And if he dosent he’ll return your call promptly. He takes the time to explain his products and you can tell by his enthusiasm he loves his work. Nate’s Reputation for quality fabrication work speakers for itself . What’s the old saying ? you can’t make everyone happy all the time . Well there are alot of bus owners out there that are very happy having done business with Nate .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
J A Red
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Nate@wagenswest - [email protected] Reply with quote

Here is my experience so far dealing with Wagenswest. I was on their site a couple months ago looking at the IRS bolt in kit. Website said it was out of stock, but could join the wait list, which I did. About 3 weeks ago I got an email saying this product was now in stock and ready to order. So I ordered the kit. 2 weeks went by and I had not received anything, so I emailed to see what the status of the order. no response. I called and left a message. no return call. I emailed a second time. Still no response.

Now I've read all the feedback comments and I fully understand that Wagenswest makes custom parts and that it takes a while to make, but here is my beef. If I'm sent an email saying that the product is in stock, and I order it, I expect it to be sent out in a reasonable amount of time. If the email I had received had said that this was a pre-order or that it would take a couple weeks to ship, then the wait would have been expected. Its also very possible that Nate has already shipped the product and that is either still in transit or has gone missing. But I don't know what the story is because I'm not getting a response back.

I've heard good things about his parts, and that Nate is a great guys. A little communication and customer service goes along way. I am looking forward to getting this kit so that I can get on with my build, but as it stands now this will be my one and only order from them.
Nate@wagenswest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Nate@wagenswest - [email protected] Reply with quote

Reed Green wrote:
Here is my experience so far dealing with Wagenswest. I was on their site a couple months ago looking at the IRS bolt in kit. Website said it was out of stock, but could join the wait list, which I did. About 3 weeks ago I got an email saying this product was now in stock and ready to order. So I ordered the kit. 2 weeks went by and I had not received anything, so I emailed to see what the status of the order. no response. I called and left a message. no return call. I emailed a second time. Still no response.

Now I've read all the feedback comments and I fully understand that Wagenswest makes custom parts and that it takes a while to make, but here is my beef. If I'm sent an email saying that the product is in stock, and I order it, I expect it to be sent out in a reasonable amount of time. If the email I had received had said that this was a pre-order or that it would take a couple weeks to ship, then the wait would have been expected. Its also very possible that Nate has already shipped the product and that is either still in transit or has gone missing. But I don't know what the story is because I'm not getting a response back.

I've heard good things about his parts, and that Nate is a great guys. A little communication and customer service goes along way. I am looking forward to getting this kit so that I can get on with my build, but as it stands now this will be my one and only order from them.

Sorry that was an accident, I put a few up on the website for a couple guys that insisted ordering and waiting for some that we were finishing.

I have since put them on wait list only, and refunded your money.

THANKS Nate.
J A Red
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Nate@wagenswest - [email protected] Reply with quote

Nate@wagenswest wrote:
Reed Green wrote:

Sorry that was an accident, I put a few up on the website for a couple guys that insisted ordering and waiting for some that we were finishing.

I have since put them on wait list only, and refunded your money.

THANKS Nate.

Well it would appear that Nate at Wagenswest does not like negative comments posted in the feedback section. I came home to find that my order with them had been cancelled and my money refunded.
nynone4
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Nate@wagenswest - [email protected] Reply with quote

Just thought I’d share my experience with Nate at Wagenswest. This is a bit long. Bear with me....

Last year I bought a set of babystang brakes for my ‘70 crew cab. I was told they might take a couple weeks to complete and ship out. They were shipped on time, fit very well (with a tiny bit of clearance to the spindle shoulder) and worked exactly as I had hoped. They stopped the truck much better and with more confidence than the leaky drums they replaced.

Fast forward to the end of last year (November-ish). I had decided to replace the front end of the truck with an A-arm and rack and pinion steering from another company, and was under the impression that they’d be able to build the front end with early spindles so I could retain my beloved babystangs that worked so well. Unfortunately, they weren’t willing to use early spindles, so I needed to find another solution if I was going to retain the early wide 5 bolt pattern of the truck.

So I reached out to Nate hoping he might be able to make a set of brakes that fit the late model spindles but utilized the early bolt pattern. He was undaunted (and didn’t even hold it against me that I was using someone else’s front end on the truck). I offered to pay extra if needed since these were going to be a custom one-off setup. But Nate said “if I was patient” he could do them for me at no additional cost using the “really good” disc brake kit he offers... but “it might take 2-3 weeks” to get to them.

So I ordered the set as he instructed on his site with a note about the custom fitment - also as he instructed. This was January 3 of 2020.

A month passed with no word from Nate. On February 3rd 2020, I emailed him asking if he had any updates on the progress, reminding him about the customization needed to make the earlier brakes fit late model spindles. He promptly emailed me back the same day:

“Oh, glad you emailed, I’m getting ready to ship these this week and forgot you need that customization. I should still be able to send them Friday or Monday. Thanks! Nate”

On the 12th of February (9 days later), I hadn’t received any updates or shipping confirmation, so I emailed Nate again to see if they had already been shipped. Again, a quick response from Nate:

“No sorry, I’m waiting on calipers to get here, I didn’t notice that you wanted them shaved. Won’t be much longer. Thanks, Nate.”

Frustrated - but happy for a quick update. He was making me a custom setup at no additional cost, so it’s tough to get too bent out of shape. Meanwhile, my bus sits on jack stands unable to move since I don’t have brakes.

On Tuesday of this past week (2.25.2020 - 13 days later), I emailed Nate for an update. The next day he emailed back:

“Trying for Friday. Thanks! Nate”

Friday came and went. No word from Nate. Nothing.

So this morning I email Nate - and still trying to show some grace (I’m a business owner as well and I know stuff happens that can cause delays especially if you’re depending on any suppliers) - I try to explain that I’m beginning to worry that the money I’ve paid for these brakes - nearly 2 months ago now - is for something that isn’t going to happen. I ask again for a date that the brakes will arrive or some sort of explanation for the holdup. His response (almost immediately - props for that!):

“ I’m am just taking care of customers that ordered custom stuff before you. As you probably know I am more of a studio than anything else, my goal is excellence not speed. I don’t always have a grasp on when things will be done. Because it’s mostly all made in house. If you can’t wait any longer you are welcome to a 100% refund.

Hopefully I can finish them next week.

Thanks! Nate”

This tells me that he’s not even begun building the brakes. Even though he told me a month previously that he was getting ready to ship a set....

Against my better judgement, I -concede and tell him I can wait another week.

“What if it’s two weeks? Thanks Nate”

That changed my mind instantly. He’s trying to see if he can push me off even longer. I emailed him back and just asked for my money back. I told him how disappointed I was that he wasn’t up front with how long it would take to do the work. Now I’ve wasted two months and I’m no closer to having brakes than I was at the beginning. Had I gone a different route, I’d have a bus I could be driving.

“I wasn’t “not being upfront”. I truly didn’t know it would take this long to make sure you had a well made product. Thanks! Nate”

Again I respond with an email asking for my money back. Tired of being strung along with excuses. This prompted a phone call from Nate that was a tirade of statements like “going with another brake kit on the market has literally killed people” and “I’m working on another brake kit for a lawyer and he paid six thousand dollars and it’s taken me six months.” I asked for him to just send me my money back again. ‘I am so stoked to give you your money back,” he said. Then he continued to raise his voice as he delivered a tirade of “testing and having a quality product that is safe.....” and talk over me as I tried to explain that all this could have been fixed with communication. And an apology for not delivering when he told me he was. But he wasn’t having it. So, at a moment when it got quiet between breaths, I said again “ just send me my money back.” And hung up.

His following email was like from a different person than what I talked to on the phone. Maybe it’s just a relief to not have a custom job hanging over his head anymore.

“I’m sorry I wasn’t able to do this for you. I hope you can get this brake solved and am able to enjoy your bus this summer. I will make sure you are refund on Monday, when I’m back in the office.

Have a good weekend.
Thanks! Nate”

SO..... if you gotten this far: Nate at Wagenswest makes great stuff that is quality and works well. Just don’t expect to get it when he says he’ll send it - or any communication on it unless you chase him for it. I’m truly sad to leave this kind of feedback for someone as talented as Nate that is filling a gap in the VW world for us bus folks with awesome product. I hope those of you that order from him have a better outcome than I’ve had with him over the past couple months.

I’ll update when the refund for my brakes comes through this next Monday. Hope that indeed happens.
nynone4
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:55 am    Post subject: Re: Nate@wagenswest - [email protected] Reply with quote

Update on the above post. I did receive an invoice yesterday evening from Nate that my money has been refunded - but as of this morning there has been no money transferred back to the card from which I paid.
nynone4
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Nate@wagenswest - [email protected] Reply with quote

nynone4 wrote:
Update on the above post. I did receive an invoice yesterday evening from Nate that my money has been refunded - but as of this morning there has been no money transferred back to the card from which I paid.

Refund cleared my bank today. All is well.
Nate@wagenswest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Nate@wagenswest - [email protected] Reply with quote

Really, all that. How embarrassing.

If anybody wants a custom “Really Good Wide Five” disc brake kit for a 1973-79 bus, send me an email. I re-designed the whole kit for that guy.

I love building custom stuff for people, that’s why people love it when I build custom stuff. But it does take time to make it good.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: