Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Things people have said about your car
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Stories Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
flyingCoyote
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nid wrote:
I'm getting tired of the pimp my ride comments, and the fucking "you paid how much for that piece of shit?"

Find me a better one for cheaper, or shut your fucking mouth.

"Pimpin'" in this context means cool - it was a compliment.

And I only paid $810 for my beautiful Vanagon =)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crazyman_stanley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My buddies boss about his 66 sb:"Aw, i see you drove the nazi wagon again"

Another girl about same car:"Could you please move your uh...contraption?"

I've seen anything from little girls, to wanna be "gangstas" on the corner up to grown women laugh histerically when they look to see whats making all that noise with its loud exhaust just to see my little 67 bug come flying around the corner.

I've scared one of my buddies thats suposed to be some tuff "bro" norcal dirtbiker dude when i took him for a spin around the parking lot of my college. I didnt even get to e-brake turn he was being sucha bitch about it.

And lastly, my favorite term for referring to any oldschool V dub: The nazi road oiler
1967 Savanah Beige Beetle-FORSALE!!
1965 Hunk o' Shit-soon to be V-Bucket
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Classifieds Feedback
vwdmc16
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know im starting to get sick of saying my ghia is a '72 ghia not a sixty somthing as EVERYONE thinks it is.

look at those huge ass tail lights and bumpers! Cadillacs didn't even have bumpers and lights that big in the 60's!
as soon as i find early bumpers and quarter panels i'll convert it to a 60's ghia or maybe a 50's ghia if im lucky enough to find the grills and headlight buckets, that will be fun to explain to everyone Rolling Eyes
Three Pedals
Samba Grammar Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OiOiOi wrote:
I gave him the peace sign, cause I was in a volkswagen, and it was the right thing to do

In some countries, a peace sign is the same thing as the Freeway Salute.

Tram wrote:
"How cute. Who put the Volkswagen badges on your Corvair?"

What kind of VW prompted some knucklehead to make that comment?

Back when I had my '67 Beetle, I went to the gas station when a couple friends were riding along. One of them remarked, "It's funny, the different places that old cars have their gas tank!"
ScrapJunkie
(O\U|U/O)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three Pedals wrote:

In some countries, a peace sign is the same thing as the Freeway Salute.

Tram wrote:

I'm guessing a T3 or a T34 Ghia.
sharky745
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grateful65 wrote:
I've only heard good things about my buses. Everyone that started to say something negative got run over.

I like the way you think. You win.. Cool
dreamsfloat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a 74 Thing...
"Oh, it's like a baby hummer"
"What's that?"
"A Volkswagen Thing"
"Yeah, but what kind?"
"A Thing"
from another person who overheard: "You know, maybe you should use its real name instead of just calling it a Thing."
"Man, you should get this on Pimp My Ride... it'd be cool then!" (excuse me?)
"Can I play with your thing?" (yes, I'm a girl...this car is a guy magnet)
But my favorite isn't about my car, it's one an 84 Vanagon friend got at a gas station...
"Man, I miss Garcia."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger Classifieds Feedback
ScrapJunkie
(O\U|U/O)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From a guy in a bagged mini-truck:

"Yo, is that thing bagged?!?!"

I just point to my decklid and laugh.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Three Pedals
Samba Grammar Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Germanpride wrote:
Three Pedals wrote:

Tram wrote:

I'm guessing a T3 or a T34 Ghia.

I can see that. The first time I saw a Type 34 in person, I was about 15, and my parents were with me. My Mom thought the T34 was a Corvair, and I quickly set her straight.

Germanpride wrote:
From a guy in a bagged mini-truck:

"Yo, is that thing bagged?!?!"

I just point to my decklid and laugh.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Now that gave me a hell of a laugh!
PDUBYA
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After getting out of the Army in 1990, we moved to a very small town in mid-Missouri. The man across the street was an elderly African-American who had been a poor dirt farmer his whole life and a very simple and entertaining man to listen to. One day I was working on my '73 Fastback when he came over and said, "I remember when you used to see these things all over the place, ... and people used to trade GOOD cars for them too." He was serious but meant nothing rude about his comment. I still laugh today when I think about that.

Then of course there was the time when I drove it to the garage where I was having my dumptruck worked on and the shop owner said, "never drive that @#*%& Hitler car in here again." He, unfortanetly was serious too.
whip618
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The comments I get a kick out of are " I got over driving those back in the sixties" or " aren't you a little old to be driveing that"........I love it.

Samba Member No. 3307
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mcatak
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:09 am    Post subject: what they say about Reply with quote

went to the LAP today to get a plastic ring for the door handle in universal parts isle till find an og to replace it w. The dude behid the counter said sounded like somebody has a muffler leak a minute ago. Pulled where the car would get seen the most, side of building faces the main road entrance is on side. Then somebody down another isle said it sounded like an old vw. I said ok its my 1966 bug. They all piled out of the store to check it out. Store manager said hasn't been to many around here in years, and he doesn't stock parts for them anymore... so I told him my business was going too...lol after they checked out the car in and out, said I gotta run, and lit em up leavin the parking lot ... went back the next day and the same parts guy asked WTF is in that? Black mark 20ft or so....lol

1966 custom bug
CarreraRS2.7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From my car buddies: "Dude you should put a turbo on it."
Maybe I will.

Gigi: Saturn Yellow 1974 Karmann Ghia Cabriolet

El Barto: Rosso 2017 Fiat 500 Abarth
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
53 0val
Samba Professor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't Hitler own one of those?
FASTBACKDON
The other insensitive jerk like Neil

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had some classic questions asked
1) 90ish year old man pulls up next to me in an OLD Pontiac yells out the window WHAT THE HELL KIND OF CAR IS THAT? I tell him its a VW he acted like it was the 1st time he has ever heard of VW
2) Some dude in a new water pumper passat asks me what it was I asked back what did the emblem say he says VW I said yup and took off
3) this is the best one I was putting gas in the car some guy see's me doing so and asks what I was doing putting gas up where the motor was. I told him the motor was in the back even had to show him so he would believe me

Buy my best friends stuff
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/search.php?username=56TIMOTEO

(21:10:42) Jennepher: Russell is our proudest achievment. I feel like Samba created him from a little nugget of crap into a full blown adult.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Wild Bill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool My all time favorite is"Yep. Drove one of those over in Germany. We put a Porsche engine in it and it would really fly". Rolling Eyes

And if I hear "What Year is it? " one more time..POSTAL!!! Very Happy

"Wild" Bill Tucker
Pensacola, Fl
1978 Champagne Edition (High Top Camper Converstion.) 2.0L FI
1969 Squareback 2.0L

www.rareairvw.com
Hatchet Face
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I walked into a local auto parts store, shortly after I got my bus, and asked them if they had any 3/4" 46mm sockets for my 78 bus. The guy stood there and argued with me that I was asking for the worng size. After insisting that it needed a 46mm socket and telling him I read about it in manuals, on websites, and I was pretty sure the socket needed to be 46mm, he told me to measure the nut at home and come back the next day. So I went home, bought that tool from Bus Depot you hit with a hammer, and never went back there.
It IS entertaining whe you stump these so-called "experts" about your VW. Goes to show that you should never let just anybody work on your VW, because if they don't know some of the more obvious things about them (like they are air-cooled), why the hell would you let them touch ANYTHING on it????
gratefulbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To a mechanic in the middle of georgia:
"I need you to check a relay on my Vanagon"
Mechanic: "What's a Vanagon?"
Me: "later man."

Every other person:
"I love your hippy van"
"hey it's the hippie van!"
"who painted all that?"
"hippies rule!"
a cute high school girl asked me tonight if she "could touch it" i just looked at my wife and kids in the van and smiled. maybe 10 years ago Crying or Very sad

and one asshole at a gas station: "hey, that's a neat winnabego"
wife had to hold me back Evil or Very Mad
Everpress
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like your sig "I used to do drugs, I still do, but I useed totoo"... RIP Mitch Hedberg...

1969 Bay Camper
Work in progress…
flyingCoyote
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to have a bright purple '76 Westy, hair down to my ass, and dress like a 5th Iron Maiden member while driving around with a pierced/tattooed woman with ginormous tits whose wardrobe ranged from "skimpy" to "all leather". Very rarely would anyone have a comment, positive or negative.

These days I have a stock-looking '85 Vanagon, shoulder-length hair, and wear plain ol' casual clothing while driving around with a woman who dresses fairly modestly (though also with ginormous tits Very Happy ). I can hardly go to the supermarket without getting into a conversation about the van with a passerby.

Now I know the following observations are "politically incorrect", but they're just my experiences VWing in Brooklyn.

Irish and Italian blue collar guys with thick Brooklyn accents tend to comment on what a good place the Van would be to smoke weed and/or get laid.

Young white hipster guys smile and nod knowingly or lift their skateboards in salute.

Young black guys either suggest that I "pimp" the van, or they notice the sink and pronounce it already "pimpin'".

Older black guys, especially from the islands, know the most about VWs and never ask stupid questions. They seem to be the biggest owners of old Beetles in my area.

Women in general have no interest in the Vanagon, except my girlfriend, who thinks it's "cute" and looks like it's saying "Let's go, guys!"

Western Europeans just consider it a normal, everyday car.

Young yuppie families - only the dad notices the van, with either a small smile or wistful look.

Yuppies in newer VWs wonder what the hell I'm smiling at them for.

Jewish friends have repeatedly brought up the Hitler/VW connection, as if to make sure I wasn't driving one for that reason. One says that Bugs are "Hitler mobiles" but feels that the hippies redeemed the Bus.

My coworkers, who see the constant stream of UPS packages coming in for me, always ask "So when's the van going to be done?" - as if that were possible.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Stories All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 53, 54, 55  Next
Jump to:
Page 3 of 55

Jump to: