Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Things people have said about your car
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Stories Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaNiaCaL
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Things people have said about your car Reply with quote

:: In my Big Rig Shop ::

Customer walks up to my Baja.

"Oh I see your starting a Baja project"

Me: "Starting? It's almost finished and l'm about to drive it 4 hours to Fredericksburg tomorrow " (Texas Vw classic)

This Old Junk
FullFender
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Things people have said about your car Reply with quote

Sittin in the McDonalds parking lot when a old lady and her husband pull up.
Lady: That's Cute!
Me: Thanks!
Lady: Does it drive?

...Holdup, what?

Then on the highway a big old macho guy in his lifted ford drives up alongside us for 100ft starts revving and speeds off. Suppose he wants to race?
Patty B.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:57 am    Post subject: Re: Things people have said about your car Reply with quote

At the grocery store I was catching up with and old fellah I hadn't seen in a while, he's been doing some driving for an auto auction company and he's an old Volvo guy, where he owned old Volvos like we have Vws lol. As we're talking he sees this newish boxy Volvo V70 awd pull up and says 'see those they're just junk'. The words aren't out of his mouth a second when the Volvo guy calls out who owns the bug and he'd trade even Steven his car for mine. My old friend just shook his head and walked away laughing.

I didn't make the trade--he was pretty insistant--no means no man--I've had it for 22 yrs and it's not for sale.! I think maybe he was thinking he could flip the bug for more than the Volvo??? Seemed like one of those guys.
He had to leave me with words of wisdom of course: ' You look after it. Get it under coated and it will last you a long time.'
finster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Things people have said about your car Reply with quote

I recently bought a 74 cabrio 1303 and had just driven it home when a neighbour walked by with her dog, 'oh I like your old car!' says she. Then, peering through the window, 'is it wooden inside?'
In the UK the most common saying is 'yer don't see many of these about' so I'll have to get used to hearing that umpteen times...
HippyTom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: Things people have said about your car Reply with quote

Back when my 63 L87 Pearl White Sunroof bug was still a Herbie replica, I was sitting at a car show when this guy walks up and says:

Guy: "Hey, you ever seen that movie?" (*pointing at my car)

Me: "What movie?"

Guy: "You know, that movie with the car in it."

Me: "What car?"

Guy: "You know, this car!"

Me: "There's a movie?"

Guy: "Oh yeah, man..."

Me: "Never heard of it."

Guy: "You've gotta look it up and see it man, it was a big thing."

Me: "Hmm, had no idea. I just thought it looked cool."

================

I've gotten tons of the standard VW comments:

"You know these float"

"You know these go great in the snow" (Good to know in Tampa, FL)

"You know Hitler built these"

"You know a Porsche engine will bolt right in"

==============

At a car show recently, a little kid looking in the trunk said to his Dad, "Daddy, someone stole the motor!!!" I replied, "That's ok, I've got a spare one in the trunk." He ran to the back of the car and yelled, "Daddy, he's got a spare motor in the trunk!!!"
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: Things people have said about your car Reply with quote

HippyTom wrote:
Back when my 63 L87 Pearl White Sunroof bug was still a Herbie replica, I was sitting at a car show when this guy walks up and says:

Guy: "Hey, you ever seen that movie?" (*pointing at my car)

Me: "What movie?"

Guy: "You know, that movie with the car in it."

Me: "What car?"

Guy: "You know, this car!"

Me: "There's a movie?"

Guy: "Oh yeah, man..."

Me: "Never heard of it."

Guy: "You've gotta look it up and see it man, it was a big thing."

Me: "Hmm, had no idea. I just thought it looked cool."

I have had this same basic conversation except substitute my fedoras (of any size and color) and a certain Dr. Jones. Cracks me up.
HippyTom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: Things people have said about your car Reply with quote

When I've got my hippy painted 62 Bug at car shows, I always get several questions:

Q: "How much weed did you smoke painting your car?"
A: "None. I did this stone cold sober. That's how messed up I am normally." (<--- Which is absolutely true)

Q: "Hey man, you ever smoke any weed man?"
A: "Not since high school."

Q: "Who painted your car?"
A: "I did."

Q: "How long did it take?"
A: "I stopped counting at 800 hours. That was several years ago. I've been painting on it for 9 years."

Q: "Are you finished?"
A: "No. It will never be finished. I've got under the hoods, wheel wells, under the pan, etc."

Q: "Are you going to clear coat it?"
A: "No. I'm going to let the paint and graphics age over time."
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Stories All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54
Jump to:
Page 54 of 54

Jump to: