Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

TYPE 4 PARTS - tired of BD
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
flabay
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like CIP too. All of my orders came well packed in a timely manner, and they have a good website too. You know what you are getting unless no photo. BD has good parts, but could use help in the CS and Web dept., that's all. Very Happy
splitpile
Samba's Worst Speller

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stock over 4600 items, still that barely covers split buses let alone bays.
My web site sucks and we have been working on a live inventory site, it cost 1000's of dollars we been trying to complete and get it on-line for over a year (it also runs my point of sale in house).
I do like web orders, but we prefer phone calls or will call anyone back to verify. I also will tell you who has the parts you need or where to get them if I don't.
Availability is a big issue, but with the popularity of bay buses those parts seem to be becomeing more available then split parts.

The hardest part of being in the bus parts business is finding quality parts (that's why we rarely drop ship). We also like to offer different grades and make you aware of what you're getting so there is no flack.
As for priceing, parts seem to be going up like house prices in Cali, German parts are getting outrageous and some of my importers have cut German imports down to a minimum.

Just be happy with any business that is supplying you with parts for your bus, believe me it's hard to make a liveing selling BUS PARTS only, but that is what we do on-line and nothing else. It is a passion for me and an obsession as anybody who knows me can verify as my stable of buses keeps growing (giving me a good test bed for all the parts I sell)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ratwell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My most recent BD order:

Nov 14: ordered tail lights
Nov 15: order shipped (not expedited)
Nov 17: box arrives at my door via USPS

Great parts, great prices.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VWBusrepairman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ratwell wrote:
My most recent BD order:

Nov 14: ordered tail lights
Nov 15: order shipped (not expedited)
Nov 17: box arrives at my door via USPS

Great parts, great prices.

were they lenses? (not German, are they?) Think
ratwell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a set of German lenses but these were from the Brazil OEM.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Busdepot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Busdepot wrote:
Quote:
I also returned another part for credit. I don't know if I have credit for the door seal I returned, because I was never notified

If you can pm me your name I can check on the credit for you.

I did do this several weeks ago and once again have had no reply!!! No more orders from me. This level of customer service is simply unacceptable IMHO.

You sent me PM via Samba on 11/9. I checked the shop records and pm'd you back on 11/10. Or at least I thought I did. I was pretty sure it went through but can't find it in the Samba pm history. I don't usually use Samba PM so maybe I did something wrong. Anyway, I found a record of shipping you door seal kits, but no record of getting back any seals. I do show a refund for a set of sun visors. Might this be what you were thinking of? Shoot me an email, or if you use Samba PM please include your email address and I'll reply to you that way.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
volkswagatron
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like bus depot because we are in wv and they are close but ive order from them many times and many times its been wrong...just last week had a h-pipe blow out on a local customers 85 vanagon i called an had a new one overnighted to get them back on the road the next day....quess what...wrong part came..checked the order recepit and sure enough i ordered the correct on but got one for syncros only......this was like the 12th time in the several yrs ive dealt with them i know i am tired off it...lay of the grass a little or something man and pay attention
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: