Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Anybody knows this guy? [email protected] Joseph???
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
Viewing feedback for: duck748inyellow
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: October 02, 2005
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject: Anybody knows this guy? [email protected] Joseph??? Reply with quote

At the begin of october I bought a bus from him here at the samba, a 1964 red/whit walktrough. He gave me his details, bank info, phone# etc...

A couple of days later he confirmed that he got my money ($4200) and all was arranged, he would bring the bus to the shippers in Long Beach.

Two months later after a fiew phone calls and double checking it appears that the bus never got delivered to the shippers however the seller told me he did... So I called the guy a ton of times, left messages on his answering machine, mailed and what more but no respons, no sign of live what so ever!!!

Its clear, he jacked me and ripped me of for $4200. I have most of his details, all the emails from him to me and from me to him, prove that I wirde the money, the VIN# and the licenseplate of the bus and some more things, but not his Last name, he made me wire the money in to his wifes bank account.

I anybody knows this guy, dealt with hime before, got ripped of buy etc please let me know, I'm in the procces of filling charges against him, I'm not planning to get himp away with my hard earned money!!! Please step up and help me with whatever info you might have, its time that people like these ripping us vw freaks off get what the have been looking for!!!

His email is [email protected] , first name Joseph, lives in San Diego. People who can help please PM me for his full adres if this should be of any help... Oh, his ebay usersname is "drivewithmytopdown", here is a link to an old ebay ad offering the same bus: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Volkswagen-Bus-Vana...dZViewItem

Thanks in advance,
Peter.
JHC member #16
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sucks and sorry I don't know the person. I will keep an eye out for it. On the picture of the certificate of title you can see the vin number. That with the plate numbers I would contact California DMV, the San Diego county Sheriffs department (ebay ad says El Cajon, California) and or the San Diego police department. They should be able to find and contact the registered owner of the bus. If the money went though the US post office mail then it's also a Federal crime. I hope you get your money back or your bus.

.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>

# 303 and #156

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Fish,

I'm in the procces of filling a complaint against him, but every extra info is welcome. I'm not planning on let this guy run with my money!!! Evil or Very Mad

Easiest would be if he steps up and have this settled with me, just gonna give it a fiew more days....

Regards,
Peter.
JHC member #16

Last edited by [email protected] on Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
lenny copp
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This same guy has two more cars for sale on the Samba right now... I know Peter and if he says this happened then I am sure it did happen.. Let's try to get this back to him since he paid for it!!

I have had the almost the same thing happen to me but the other way around. Well, I had lots of help from people in Europe that were pissed at this happening so, now It's our turn to try and help Peter get his money or car that he paid for.

So step up Joseph and let uis know what you are going to do about this!!

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=225678
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=215563
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ddare
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started a thread on this dude a while back but apparently it got deleted.

I contacted him about a bus that he was falsely saying was in good shape, etc. I saw this bus in person two weeks prior in Pacific Beach, and it was for sale for like $1200 and let me tell you, it was toasted. Just horribly done. I decided not to buy it for $1200. Lo and behold, dude is trying to sell it on ebay and it quickly goes over $4000 because he took some pictures from good angles and lied to everybody about how tore up it really was. I contacted him, and he told me some B.S. like "This is America, blah blah capitalist economy...blah blah people pay what they want to..."

Anyway, I asked him why he didn't post pictures of the plywood that was holding the battery in, or the rust straight through the pan on the driver or passenger side, or the overspray, or the 3 different kill switches on the battery. It really was tore up.

Well I hope this guy gets whats coming to him. He deserves it. I think I even contacted eBay about his shill bidding (he sold the bus to someone, put it up on auction again several times, and always ended the auction early.)
robbied31
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I am very sorry to hear what happened!!! I just called the number 619 729 9166 and left a message that he had better come to the forum and see what is going to happen to him. I also said he was about to get slapped with a federal charge, so he had better come give his side of the story.

Good luck,

Rob
oc63rag
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey ddare, I remember that thread. He came on and started defending his actions and tried to explain how the bus was bought and resold about four times. Even the same bidders were involved. Unfortunately the thread was deleted. It would have been a nice way to warn a prospective buyer.
He bought the bus on Craigslist and tried to turn a quick profit by describing certain things and leaving out the bad stuff.
I hope vw1948 gets his cash back.
air-mike
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now is the time we all stand together in europe and in the us. It's difficult for us to get a hold off this guy. I hope you people in the us will help us. Crying or Very sad

Click to view image
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DMNCLNR
Sir Camp'alot

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fucker sure deleted his ads pretty quick. Sounds like he has screwed a few poeple over. This guy will do time, and hopefully Pandora can get some of his money back! I do not know Pandora personally, but i do know people around here that do that can vouch for his integrity!
Pl@y@ #1
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After much debate I have come to the conclusion that the pictures were taken in the parking lot of the church near the corner of Hwy 94 and Jamacha Blvd. How does this help, I don't know, but maybe that means the bus is still in East county (El Cajon, CA.) like the ebay ad suggested. I suggest our east county representives keep an eye out for there.
SV2s is also asking for information about this guy on our fourms.

# 303 and #156

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To clarify things, I deleted his other 2 ads until this is resolved.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RareAir
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the seller is registered on eBay, you can easily request his contact info which should include his home address. At least you got his home number already.
oc63rag
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go through the buyers and sellers listed for the link on ebay. You'll see the same names showing up a few times.
coolrydes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in san diego and hate theives.... Give me his address and I'll pay him a visit. I'll have a little talk with him to see if we can resolve this.. One way or another....

Coolrydes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VWSwap
Samba Sublime Fan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody knows this guy? [email protected] Joseph? Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:

His email is [email protected] , first name Joseph, lives in San Diego.

From the feedback he's received, his first name is Chris. If I were you, I would email all of his past buyers, tell them what you've shared here and ask them to give you as much info as they can. They will be your best resource for dirt on this asshat.
53 0val
Samba Professor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody knows this guy? [email protected] Joseph? Reply with quote

VWSwap wrote:
[email protected] wrote:

His email is [email protected] , first name Joseph, lives in San Diego.

From the feedback he's received, his first name is Chris. If I were you, I would email all of his past buyers, tell them what you've shared here and ask them to give you as much info as they can. They will be your best resource for dirt on this asshat.

That's a great point..........contact his past buyers. You should be able to get all the information you need to find his sorry ass. Confused
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: