Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Anybody seen one of these before?
Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
53 0val
Samba Professor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:34 pm    Post subject: Anybody seen one of these before? Reply with quote

Cool http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=243522
Kubel Nick
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quick release 3 spoke. Looks kinda odd, not sure if I like it or not, diamater seems alot less then stock also (look how short the arms are), is it guranteed to fit a VW?
RareAir
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kubel Nick wrote:
diamater seems alot less then stock also

is it guranteed to fit a VW?

Those are the questions I was gonna ask. But the diameter looks to be alot smaller than the standard VW wheel.
53 0val
Samba Professor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The seller, Simon Mitchell, has been in the VW collectable market for 30+ years. Email him and ask him....... Confused

Last edited by 53 0val on Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
coad Premium Member
Samba Scapegoat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree it looks mighty small, but I'm digging the red ejector seat switches in a major way.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
RareAir
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

53 0val wrote:
The seller, Simon Mitchell, has been in the VW collectable market for 30+ years. Email him and ask him....... Confused

Huh? Rolling Eyes This is your thread. Why dont you ask him? Idea
53 0val
Samba Professor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want it. Wink
simon Mitchell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone , i would just like to give an update on this steeringwheel: It is a Petri Steeringwheel that was sold when Petri sold the remains of their stock.The wheel is garenteed to fit a splitwindow and early ovals due to the teeth.It looks smaller than a regular wheel due to the larger center, because of the quick realese system.The large Petri horn buttons fit. These Steeringwheels are very rare indeed.I doubt another one will be sold for a while. Best wishes from Simon Mitchell.
kdfkid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:03 am    Post subject: Steering weel Reply with quote

Hi Guys,
i have the same steering wheel - and it is very very rare.
They were made from Petri and all of them were nubered.
I know with this one 5 in the world.
It just looks smaller mut it is almost as big as the normal one.
Somewhere i still have the orginal comercial - when i find it i will post it
The founder of the split window club of germany Pit Gerlien had also one in his former split window.
Bye Christian
53 0val
Samba Professor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simon Mitchell wrote:
Hi everyone , i would just like to give an update on this steeringwheel: It is a Petri Steeringwheel that was sold when Petri sold the remains of their stock.The wheel is garenteed to fit a splitwindow and early ovals due to the teeth.It looks smaller than a regular wheel due to the larger center, because of the quick realese system.The large Petri horn buttons fit. These Steeringwheels are very rare indeed.I doubt another one will be sold for a while. Best wishes from Simon Mitchell.

Hi Simon.........welcome to The Samba. I hope you stay and educate all of us with your vast knowledge. Who knows? You may like it here. Wink
Bob
RareAir
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Steering weel Reply with quote

simon Mitchell wrote:
It is a Petri. The wheel is garenteed to fit a splitwindow and early ovals due to the teeth.It looks smaller than a regular wheel due to the larger center, because of the quick realese system.

kdfkid wrote:
i have the same steering wheel - and it is very very rare.

Great Crying or Very sad now I'm gonna have to make an offer to add it to my collection.
53 0val
Samba Professor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy You got it bad Glenn. Very Happy
simon Mitchell
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:41 pm    Post subject: Rare wheel Reply with quote

Hi Bob thank you for your welcome but the truth is i have had many items on this site over several years now.Im know by many of the fine Vintage folks on this site, they have seen my ads met me at shows in Europe and have gotten parts from me during the years. I have helped many people locate cars and parts for them as well as given a lot of usefull information on the earlier cars between 1945 till 1949.
rarefinds
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:27 pm    Post subject: Petri?? Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Sorry for the bad picture , I believe that this is a Petri but I am no sure. Any suggestions??
53 0val
Samba Professor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a Petri to me. Wink Not the ones we see every day but the quality and the style show similiarities. Take it off and check the back for the Petre logo.
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is that steering wheel for a convertible? I have heard of other petri wheels that would slide and pivot down so that they did not stick up when the tonneau cover was on.
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
RareAir
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Petri?? Reply with quote

rarefinds wrote:

Sorry for the bad picture , I believe that this is a Petri but I am no sure. Any suggestions??

That is a Petri Banjo wheel. Alot less common than the regularly seen Petri Pealits. And worth alot more too.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: