Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Glenn Ring - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Glenn
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Today
Rickles
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Glenn Ring - [email protected] Reply with quote

Bought a rebuilt 010 from Glenn. Absolutely beautiful. Thanks, Glenn.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

1967 VW Beetle - Savannah Beige Very Happy
2002 VW GTi - Reflex Silver (Sold) Sad
1966 VW Beetle - Bahama Blue (Sold) Sad
1961 Porsche 356B Roadster - Signal Red (Sold) Brick wall
1966 VW Beetle - Sea Sand (Sold) Sad
South Jersey Volkswagen Club
Central Jersey Volkswagen Society
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
PeteSC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:01 am    Post subject: Re: Glenn Ring - [email protected] Reply with quote

Needed a 36hp flat distributor clamp for a backup distributor. No luck finding one in the classifieds so I shot Glenn a PM to inquire if he had any or might know of some. He said had some to spare so I sent a very nominal PayPal amount and it was on my doorstep in a few days. Super helpful....thanks Glenn!
stizz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:47 am    Post subject: Re: Glenn Ring - [email protected] Reply with quote

Thanks Glenn fast payment and great communication.
rustyfastback
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: Glenn Ring - [email protected] Reply with quote

Glenn recently purchased a distributor from me. Very fast to pay! Thanks Glenn!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Big_E_Deluxe
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Glenn Ring - [email protected] Reply with quote

Purchased a ratty looking Bosch 010 from Greg Noble (very nice guy, btw), who was kind enough to send it directly to Glenn. Glenn looking it over and agreed it was worthy of a complete rebuild. The transformation was amazing, night & day! It looks brand new. I'm very excited to get it mounted up and running on my new engine. Thanks Glenn...amazing work!

1958 VW Beetle - "Max": https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
1959 VW Bus - "Hans" - Double Door Panel (sold): https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=746927
2014 Porsche 991.1 Carrera S
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
johnanddes
Satellite Wrangler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Glenn Ring - [email protected] Reply with quote

Glenn and I worked out a trade plus cash for a lot of distributors I had. He sent me some washers I needed and I sent him some distributors for him to rebuild and resell. Truly awesome guy and made it deal extremely easy. Thanks again Glenn for your help.

1969 documented numbers matching bug
1968 F250

Keepin the ISS from colliding with space junk
63CabDriver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: Glenn Ring - [email protected] Reply with quote

Sent Glenn my 40 HP distributor to be restored. Glenn answered my emails promptly, has a quick turn around, and I am very happy how it turned out.
Highly recommended.
Dave
Samba Elder

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Glenn Ring - [email protected] Reply with quote

Yeah, that guy Glenn from Lawn Guyland may talk funny, but he does a HELL of a job on distributors..I sent him a real toilet, and when I got it back (in amazing record time) I had to e-mail him back and ask if it was the same distributor...it was.

"Those that matter, don't mind,
and those that mind, don't matter"
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Glenn Ring - [email protected] Reply with quote

Dave wrote:
Yeah, that guy Glenn from Lawn Guyland may talk funny, but he does a HELL of a job on distributors..I sent him a real toilet, and when I got it back (in amazing record time) I had to e-mail him back and ask if it was the same distributor...it was.

Thanks Dave, but don't tell anyone I did a German Bosch 009 for you... I have a reputation to maintain. Wink

Over the years, i've upgraded my equipment and skills.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Glenn Ring - [email protected] Reply with quote

63CabDriver wrote:
Sent Glenn my 40 HP distributor to be restored. Glenn answered my emails promptly, has a quick turn around, and I am very happy how it turned out.
Highly recommended.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:44 am    Post subject: Re: Glenn Ring - [email protected] Reply with quote

Quoted in TheStar Mercedes-Benz Club of America magazine

Member #1009

#BlueSquare

Last edited by Glenn on Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: Glenn Ring - [email protected] Reply with quote

Nice! Congratulations.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
56Cabrio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Glenn Ring - [email protected] Reply with quote

Fast shipping, great communication and nice packing job.
Thanks Glenn.
Dave

1956 Rag Top owned since 1988
1956 Convertible owned since 2000
1963 Hard Top

RIP Dad 4/20/1951 - 2/4/2023
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hardtoocatch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Glenn Ring - [email protected] Reply with quote

Put a brand new motor in my 61 bug and wasn't running right since day 1 with the help of Glenn and this site I swapped out the imported 34 pict carb for a Bocar brand, jetted it and swapped out the pertronix dizzy for Glenn's rebuilt Bosh 034 and the car is finally idling and running on its own. Thanks to Glenn's service was able to keep this car on the road and was a fast ship got it on same week ordered! Thanks again
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Glenn Ring - [email protected] Reply with quote

Glad to help.

Besides the difference in quality between Chinese and German distributors, having it hand calibrated vs thrown together by underpaid teens is a bigger difference.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
scottyrocks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Glenn Ring - [email protected] Reply with quote

Over last winter I had been doing a lot of reading here about various parts of the VW operating systems, distributors included.

My car was running well, but I discovered that what was in my car was not original or correct (009), and went about searching for a cheap proper original I could rebuild, little did I know. I found something on ebay that looked good, and bought it. Again, little did I know.

Then a member here, who lives locally to me, told me about Glenn. I read more in the distributor threads (but didn't know about this thread), and then messaged him asking about a rebuild.

As it turns out, we live in the same town, so we made arrangements for me to stop by.

Turned out the distributor I bought was missing NLA stuff, and was more of a mess than I had known. I learned about some of the very specific proper innards, finishes, and even the subtleties of the labels, among other things, and saw machinery and spare parts, and why original is best. I left there with a beautifully rebuilt/restored 4R5.

Me being me, I installed it only a couple of weeks ago, and the car starts and runs even better than it did with its 009, which is now a spare.
DONGKG
The Araneta Boys

Location: Cainta, Rizal, Philippines, "A Certified Type 3 and Karmann Ghia Maniac"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Glenn Ring - [email protected] Reply with quote

Since I got interested on vintage Bosch distributors, the name "Glenn Ring" dominates the scene and it is indeed a truism and awesome to know that every comment and feedback I searched a read only proves on thing - Glenn Ring has his integrity that precedes his name in the community as the man to be trusted.

Two thumbs up, Buddy Glenn!

Thanks,

DongKG
'67 Splitty Bus
'65 beetle;'69 Country Buggy; '44 Kubelwagen (replica) TOOB MEMBER #20
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jay Salser Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Glenn Ring - [email protected] Reply with quote

Glenn...Thank you, so much, for helping me out of a bind by sending the steel shim-washers! Just the ticket for a rebuild of my personal -205K Distributor!
I thank you and my '67 Beetle thanks you! jay salser
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: Glenn Ring - [email protected] Reply with quote

Glenn bought a distributor from me (again)

Excellent transaction as always.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
johnr156
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Glenn Ring - [email protected] Reply with quote

I bought a beautiful rebuilt distributor from Glenn. After Glenn saw some photos I posted of my 66 body just back from paint, Glenn asked me to send the distributor back to him free of charge to spruce it up even more. Now that's going the extra mile! Thank you Glenn.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Jump to:
Page 16 of 18

Jump to: