Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Need part source for little stroker build
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
BirdLives
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:12 am    Post subject: Need part source for little stroker build Reply with quote

Are stroker "B" pistons available in an 85.5mm bore? I have seen two posts on here that say they are, but I can't find them anywhere.

Why do I want them you ask? I am pretty happy with my 1600 single-port on flat ground, but want more torque for climing STEEP-ASS hills. I spend 95% of my time stoplight-to-stoplight and in 3rd gear on mountain roads - hardly ever on the highway.

I want a 76-82mm crank AND I want to keep the engine stock-width so that I can still use my one-piece intake manifold. By my calculations, an 80mm crank with "B" pistons would be almost exactly stock width. Problem is, neither of these components seem to exist. Am I missing something?

Here's the rest of the specs for the rebuild in progress:

-dual 30-pict-1's (the single carb will be temporary/backup) see my thread on the duals if you're curious: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=140610&highlight=
-035 vacuum dizzy (might add 5k rev limiter)
-single-port heads (ported if/when budget allows)
-webcam 218 or 218/119 (still researching right cam)
-approx .040 deck / 7.5 compression on 91 octane

Any help appreciated, thanks
www.norcalaircooledgroup.com
BirdLives
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so if I give up on the "B" pistons and go with a 1745cc 85.5x76, what compression and deck should I run with the above setup?

I'm shooting for .040 and 7.5:1, can I push it to .050 and 8:1?
www.norcalaircooledgroup.com
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: