Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Aircooled.net - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: February 10, 2023
SpiritRT
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

SpiritRT wrote:
I’ve been trying to reach them since mid December. No email reply or answer to voicemail. They’ve had $1,275 of mine since the end of September. I’ll be filing fraud charges tomorrow.

Stephanie has reached out to me and we are now communicating.
busey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

Its time, taking the plunge and purchasing an IDA kit. Are there any differences between the CB Performance IDA kit sold on their site and the one sold thru AC.net???
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

Well sell a CB IDA kit, and offer to set them up and jet them. If you can do this you don't need us to do it. The costs of the jets alone are more than we charge for the setup though, and IDAs are not even close to correct out of the box.

Please do NOT send me Private Messages through the Samba PM System (I will not see them). Send me an e-mail to john at aircooled dot net

"Like" our Facebook page at
http://www.facebook.com/vwpartsaircoolednet
and get a 5% off code for use on one order for VW Parts ON OUR PARTS STORE WEBSITE, vwparts.aircooled.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
busey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
Well sell a CB IDA kit, and offer to set them up and jet them. If you can do this you don't need us to do it. The costs of the jets alone are more than we charge for the setup though, and IDAs are not even close to correct out of the box.

Just liked your page on FB and will get a 5% off code to redeem on a CB IDA kit.
busey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

Disappointed i had to back out of a transaction with AC.net due to an engine builders timing constraints. I have to admit, it was refreshing that i didn't have to cuss and fuss with ACN in order to get the $$ put back on my credit card. The funds were back on my cc the same day i cancelled my order. Cool
virusdoc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

Posting this here after several attempts to contact aircooled.net have been met with nothing but silence.

Ordered several things from them on Dec 18, including a full flow oil kit. Everything shipped except the spin on filter adapter, which was apparently back ordered.

I waited about a month while doing other tasks on an engine rebuild. But it was getting close to the time I’d need to install the oil kit, so on Jan 17 I emailed inquiring when they expected the part to be available. No reply. I also ordered another couple hundred dollars in parts from them that day, and those shipped promptly. So I know they’re not shut down or anything.

Emailed again Jan 22, asking the same question, and explaining that this was the last part I needed to get my bug running. No reply.

Called and left a voice mail on Jan 24, requesting a call back. At that point I’m just hoping to figure out if I should order the part elsewhere or if it’s just about to ship. No reply in 5 days.

Not sure what’s going on at ACN. I’ve dealt with John in the past on tech support issues and he always replies quickly with very good advice.

I’m still giving them the benefit of the doubt that someone is out sick, or something else huge is going on, but I don’t know how else to contact them.

So if you need something fast, confirm stock ahead of time is the advice I’d give. I know their order support page says that back ordered items will ship as they are available, but I think it’s reasonable for customers to ask about ETA, especially for an item that is a component of a kit that is necessary to get a vehicle back on the road.

Update: aircooled.net customer service reached out to me within 12 hours of this post, said that my emails got caught in their spam filter (no mention of my voicemail) and they were very apologetic. They also emphasized that John replies to tech support only, and is thus able to reply more quickly than standard customer service. And apparently my part is on the way now.
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

In the below post back in 2017, this buyer got caught up in a replacement warranty issue where Aircooled.net was a third party sales person. I bring this up because I just finished dealing with a very similar issue. This is not being posted to express a disjustice or wrongful practice, but more so a disappointment in myself, the system, human nature and lack of genuine, human interaction when selling parts. By system I mean the supply chain for VW parts, not big brother or Alien lizards controlling us Wink Laughing

Bear with me, it's the long way around the barn, but has a good ending.

I purchased a Vintage Speed performance, stainless steel muffler from Aircooled.net in 2016 when I was finishing an expensive T4 Camper Special motor build up for my 77 Westfalia. Absolutely love the muffler. Shipped fast, excellent quality, made the bus sound mean and aggressive but not obnoxious.

Towards the end of last year I started to notice a funny noise like a rattle, tin loose, weird resonance especially at compression stops, like when you let the bus slow down through the motor and clutch. It wasn't bad at first but progressively became worse and predictable. So I chased all the easy stuff, checked screws, bolts, looked for cracks, I asked people I trusted opinions, some I didn't, I even posted a vid for the samba, you know all the usual basic stuff one does when presented with a puzzle that can't be figured out. It wasn't till I had enough guessing and preliminary checking that I acted on my hunch. My good friend Stuart Z was in town, so I enlisted him to do some swapping for me, because at this point, he too was miffed by the ordeal and wanted a conclusive answer. Not before he checked a few things off his list like, valves (not) or broken alternator bracket (not again Laughing ). So he pulled the muffler off of my 74 bus, lucky to have it as most folks wouldn't. Wink While the Vintage Speed muffler was of and before putting another known good muffler on my 77, we did the soft blow hammer test on the suspected culprit. BONG.....ring. Bong.......ring. Something was definitely weird in the Vintage Speed Muffler. The stock muffler was put on the 77 and she purred like a kitten. Noise gone. Lots of noise gone and now my monster performance motor was tamed. Point being, no rattle - as confirmed with a test drive for 30 minutes.

Yes I know, so what's the point? Get to it ok.

Before I did the swap, I enguaged Aircooled.net after reading on my Aircooled.net invoice that Vintage Speed has a 5 year warranty on this part. My issue seemed to fit the stipulations, and this was a $559.00 investment in a quality piece that was about 2 years old (with use) at the time. My email with Aircooled.net was promptly answered by Stephanie. We started to do the information dance. She contacted Vintage Speed, told me she would be the work through to them in getting the issue resolved - hopefully. Mind you lots of this was in a day, a day or two of each email. Things were moving forward fast, great customer service!

Then it all stopped.

Here is the disappointment part. And granted this is my perception of the events that transpired. Stephanie and I were conversing right before Christmas. I wasn't going to expect anything, I also didn't want to deal with much myself. Its Xmas - duh, not a lot should happen. Last email I received from Stephanie was this:

Hello again Jason,
I'm sorry to trouble you with an additional request. But we got a reply from Vintage Speed today, and they asked me to forward their email (below) containing request for video of the rattling noise you have reported.

In the attached Vintage Speed email they basically requested a video be sent on to them of the issue. It wasn't till I let this go through January without resolution, did I re read our transactions carefully. At this point I was getting pissed that the several follow up emails I sent Aircooled.net were going unanswered. I took the requested vid of the issue and replied back to the email - the original email, checked up, waited 38 more days, checked again............ Sad

Still with me and reading?

So at this point, Im looking for dirt. Im mad, my muffler sucks, I hate everyone, I stopped petting the dog. Im looking for some vindication. Mind you I hate being the complainer. Once you start on the internet, people either embrace you or treat you like you have the plague. Rather an unfortunate place to be since you don't want to be in the "death" group of castaways that support you. You want to be back in the sun, froliking and dancing on the beach. So in an attempt to find out if Aircooled.net was a horrible decision, I read the feedback on them. Evil or Very Mad

Think Brick wall

Hey, good for you. This is the part where the below quoted text comes into play. Dancing I came across it and re read my initial dealings with Stephanie. My takeaway was that I needed to include Vintage Speed now? I add the "?" because it definitely did not translate to me with any meaningful impact, ever. I am pretty dense at times, but I was told at the beginning - first email from Aircooled..........:

Hello Jason,
We will facilitate the communication with Vintage Speed through the claim process.
In order to initiate a claim on their 5 year warranty.....bla, bla..........

What she said in that first email stuck! Why should I deal with a vendor you bought parts from and sold to me? I should of just bought it from Vintage Speed then! I say that now but I do get how this works. Having vendors for a product is a far better business model for most. Then you can concentrate on the product. I get it, but still, I am only human, Im driven by emotion, food and the occasional carne asada burrito. The email, that last email from Stephanie did not stick. I didn't get the impression that I was to now take the stick and run! Run Jason, RUN! Rolling Eyes

Laughing

So I read Vintage Speeds seller feedback. Brick wall Lots of praise for a quality part, lots of happy people running on the beach, enjoying the sun. Not me, I was still stuck in poopy pants land, sulking around looking for others to join me in my travesty of justice and wrongful acts of my liberties at the lowest of levels! I was bummed to say the least.

Then I read that Mr. Lee was the guy. He helped "X" with his debacle, he rained Skittle filled sunshine on "Y"'s gloomy day?? I want some skittles Sad So, I emailed him and explained the issue. It all made sense to me, but just like this long story you are reading here, you wonder if the point was put across, did I forget something, do I sound like a whiney biznatch now stuck in the death zone of the internet??? Oh, dear lord, give me the strength. Mr Lee was on it. He immediately reached out and took over. He asked for the vids and the vin off the muffler. Next thing I knew Jacky from VS was emailing me confirming shipping address. Shocked Laughing Here is the invoice for your replacement muffler. Happy days, I'll pinch myself now, but won't believe it till the muffler is here.

So yeah, the muffler is here. Honestly I though for sure this whole thing went bad, I got the shaft, too bad sucker we don't care about you and your stupid muffler problem. I had created a bad world in my head for sure and this after one of my Christmas gifts was a VS muffler for my notchback. Shocked Laughing

Here is the pay off and my point to this long Think what dd I call it? Long way round the..... Laughing Yes, I could of emailed John in the tech email, Stephanie could have been more specific - especially after I sent two emails expressing concern with no acton(hint, hint), I could have realllllyyyyy read it and got it, and emailed or CC'd VS sooner....... Confused In the end, I created a more frustrating time of it all then it need be. To those fortunate enough to read this, keep in mind, we are all just people in the end. Toss in the holidays and good lord, who knows what would happen.

I am a firm believer in supporting those that support us. All the vendors that take the time to sell us parts for our obsolet cars, good and bad. For if it were not for them, we would not have a hobby. They can only do what keeps them going. If it's not financially and or emotionally rewarding most the time, then it's considered insanity. This is the part where you look up the definition of insanity Wink Laughing

As I said in the beginning of this, this is just how I saw it, and in the end it's how it really happened right? Im the customer Wink The happy customer referrers you another life long customer, the unhappy one tells 10 people that you suck. Laughing

Internet kills our ability to interact. Im dead sure that if I walked into Aircooled's store and talked to a person face to face, this would of never happened. If you get frustrated, take a breath, walk away, revisit it when you are chill. Call your mom and ask her about it. Pet your dog and have a beer, in the sun on the beach while thinking about going out for a carne asada burrito. In the end, the internet is how we have to do it now a days. It just is. And it comes with its own nuances for dealing with stuff. The irony is that I can't walk into a store where I bought it. It's not down the street and convenient for me. The amazing ability for me to reach out on the interwed, get a part and have it show up is lessened by the fact that I didn't get it from a store when a problem arises. The funny thing about this particular kind of progress is now we have to wait even longer to get resolution. Its built into the nature of the whole thing. The seller can't hold the part, see your demeanor, you in turn dont get the satisfaction of being heard, face to face and assured. So keep this in mind. It sucks at times, but is how it all works. You need to have clarity of mind, don't let the demons in and ruin it because you didn't get a response back in 12 minutes. If its urgent, call during business hours - vendors, please be patient and understanding - most people's idea of urgent will never almost ever be yours. Laughing :2gunfire: Surprised It's the burden you carry for being our supply chain! Laughing You can thank the wife later for supporting your crazy idea for selling parts.

Thank you to Aircooled.net for answering the below comment. I didn't include Johns reply, but its back a page for those interested. It helped me weed through my issue. Please keep us supplied with parts and innovations for our hobby!

Big thank you to Vintage Speed, whos issue I had was theirs to begin with. You stood by your part, gave me zero grief over it. You reacted better than the best customer service I myself have given people in the past, and I consider that the highest mark. It was a pleasure doing business with you and I will as I have already in the past, recommend you to others.

Kindest Regards to all involved,

Jason "notchboy" Weigel

RWBennett wrote:
Buyers Beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After many many years of positive experiences I've just run into a warranty and quality process that is for a deal breaker.

I just received a Pertronix Flame Thrower III coil that was DOA out of the box......checked with both meter and substituted with another coil that worked fine.

I contacted ACN customer service and got the following direction:

1. ACN pushed me to Pertronix to resolve and told me if I insisted ACN was to honor the warranty directly, well then my issue and supply of good replacement or refund would be on hold until ACN resolved with Pertronix (taking longer and leaving me hanging).

2. Customer service strongly warned me that using anything other than a low impedance coil with the ignitorIII module would void the manufactures warranty and cannot be used.

Item 1 is just unacceptable, I don't know of another parts retailer that doesn't support defective product first hand with exchanges or refunds.

Item 2 , per Pertronix technical help is just untrue and really backwards. It seems the Pertronix Ignitor III is the one than can handle low impedance coils but works with stock or blue coil just fine. However using the low impedance coil on the ignitor I or II could burn those modules out due to the higher current flow, hence voiding the warranty on the I or II.

ACN has it back ass words telling people they HAVE to buy the Flame Thrower III (or other low impedance coils) or the ignitor III warranty will be voided. I don't know if this is just product ignorance or a hook to sell a coil along with the Ignitor III modules and SVDA III distributors. Either way the OEM doesn't agree with ACNs statement.

Either way, be careful of what you consider buying from ACN given the warranty policy. I would also advise to be sure and research product requirements from the OEM before feeling you must purchase additional items or components based upon ACN only information.

Such a shame,,,,this was one of my favorite sources for VW/Porsche parts.

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
boondocksdrew
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

Anyone know if they're actually still operating? Put in an order about 7 weeks ago and no one has answered several emails in that time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
82bessieblue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 10:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

Yep, they sure are. I placed an order with John earlier for a Weber 40 IDF kit. Had several technical questions and he's answered very promptly.
boondocksdrew
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

82bessieblue wrote:
Yep, they sure are. I placed an order with John earlier for a Weber 40 IDF kit. Had several technical questions and he's answered very promptly.

I ordered a pair of heads on March 13 and haven't been able to get a response from any of the email addresses. I guess at some point I have to conclude they just aren't going to respond, send an email saying I'm canceling the order, and let my credit card know not to approve that charge if it ever comes through. If they would even have responded saying it was going to be another month or something I would understand. But there's really no excuse for just not responding at all to anything over the course of 7 weeks, if you're claiming to be operating at all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
boondocksdrew
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

Quote:
I ordered a pair of heads on March 13 and haven't been able to get a response from any of the email addresses. I guess at some point I have to conclude they just aren't going to respond, send an email saying I'm canceling the order, and let my credit card know not to approve that charge if it ever comes through. If they would even have responded saying it was going to be another month or something I would understand. But there's really no excuse for just not responding at all to anything over the course of 7 weeks, if you're claiming to be operating at all.

Update: After sending a request to cancel the order I got a response explaining this was held up for supply chain shortages and they hadn't realized I had been trying to get in touch for quite as long as it had been. I think we can chalk up the gap in response on this one as part fluke and part pandemic challenges. I'm sure I've spent thousands with ACN up to now and had consistently excellent advice and customer service. Having had my concerns addressed I expect I'll continue being a happy customer.
82bessieblue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 6:11 am    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

boondocksdrew wrote:
Quote:

Update: After sending a request to cancel the order I got a response explaining this was held up for supply chain shortages and they hadn't realized I had been trying to get in touch for quite as long as it had been. I think we can chalk up the gap in response on this one as part fluke and part pandemic challenges. I'm sure I've spent thousands with ACN up to now and had consistently excellent advice and customer service. Having had my concerns addressed I expect I'll continue being a happy customer.

Good deal, hopefully they can get the heads to you soon. Yea seems the consensus is John is extremely prompt with answering technical questions, but even before the CoVID-19, delays in processing/shipping orders weren't that uncommon. The pandemic only compounds things, not just for them but most. Though I personally haven't had a negative experience with ACN. My wife has her own at-home business and is struggling to adjust her business model to adapt. Its tough for alot of folks out there. I placed an order with ACN for the dual weber 40s back on the 4th. To my knowledge they havent shipped as of yet.
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:01 am    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

I've known John for a long time. He is a great person and he will give you honest advice. He is the kind of place you want to get parts from, because he is interested in helping you rather than just making a sale. If you are considering getting parts for your VW, include John when you shop.
gwal
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

Ordered a type 3 ott exhaust from acn, arrived well packed and on time.
Andy
Cr430c
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

I had ordered the wrong carb kit and received the carbs in may. Contacted them and was told I could return them and swap for correct kit. Havent seen or heard anything from them since. I've emailed every address on their site and even left voice-mail messages with nothing in about 4 months. Do I conclude they closed shop? Ignoring me? Not surewhat to do from here.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

We are not closed, and not ignoring you intentionally.

We are severely under-staffed and struggling to get caught back up from multiple business setbacks starting with Covid back in March. Our e-mail queue is 1200 deep currently.

Stephanie is headed to the office this afternoon to take care of your return instructions and everything else she can do today (Sunday).

We are sorry you have had to be so patient.

Cr430c wrote:
I had ordered the wrong carb kit and received the carbs in may. Contacted them and was told I could return them and swap for correct kit. Havent seen or heard anything from them since. I've emailed every address on their site and even left voice-mail messages with nothing in about 4 months. Do I conclude they closed shop? Ignoring me? Not surewhat to do from here.

Please do NOT send me Private Messages through the Samba PM System (I will not see them). Send me an e-mail to john at aircooled dot net

and get a 5% off code for use on one order for VW Parts ON OUR PARTS STORE WEBSITE, vwparts.aircooled.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Cr430c
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

Thank you John for the reply. I greatly appreciate you reaching out.
Lingwendil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

What's with the new order request system? It feels very vague and does not instill customer confidence. It makes it seem like parts may not actually be in stock, and that they have to be sourced? If this isn't the case it would be a nice idea to update the explanation on the checkout page.

Modify your Kadrons for SVDA http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8115884#8115884

Cast iron VJU4BR8 SVDA reference thread- https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...mp;start=0

Need replacement filters for original Kadron aircleaners? WIX #42087 is a perfect fit, as is Napa Gold #2087!
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

That has always been our system, just the wording has changed. I don't like the wording, but my opinion doesn't matter on stuff like that.

We try to stock everything, but the reality is that at any point in time over 10% of products are not in stock, because they are either in transit or currently not available for us to purchase (for a zillion reasons). If you own these cars and have for a while, you have pretty much realized that you can't get everything you want immediately. The cars ARE over 50 years old, and there are supply issues. We struggle to get everything we can, we do our best. It's also true that we carry far more parts than most retailers, many of which are very difficult to acquire. Other stores probably say "fuck it" and don't carry the ones which are so hard to get they are not worth it in the end for the amount of work it takes to get. We don't do that, we try to get everything, and try to keep old cars on the road. This is a problem with the typical Amazon customer who thinks that if it's listed it means we are ready to ship it 10 minutes after their order comes in. That is totally unrealistic for what we are here for.

Lingwendil wrote:
What's with the new order request system? It feels very vague and does not instill customer confidence. It makes it seem like parts may not actually be in stock, and that they have to be sourced? If this isn't the case it would be a nice idea to update the explanation on the checkout page.

Lingwendil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

Ah, okay. That makes me feel better. I understand entirely what you mean on parts availability and sourcing though.

Modify your Kadrons for SVDA http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8115884#8115884

Cast iron VJU4BR8 SVDA reference thread- https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...mp;start=0

Need replacement filters for original Kadron aircleaners? WIX #42087 is a perfect fit, as is Napa Gold #2087!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
Jump to:
Page 26 of 30

Jump to: