Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Aircooled.net - [email protected]
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Yesterday
scranscran
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

Stephanie finally reached out to me and everything has been taken care. There were a few things that were still out of stock that I will try to find on my own/through my engine builder, but the ball is rolling with my order! Yay!
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

[email protected] wrote:
You didn't "pay" squat. We don't charge the CCs until we ship the part. We are one of the few vendors who obey CC rules about this. It's a violation of CC policy to charge before you ship. The fact that "everybody" violates it has resulted in your ignorant post.

notchboy wrote:
We can disagree. One person's world is not yours.

Thank you John for being a part supplier in a world where thee are few.

Tough shit, I'm mad that you can't get me the thing I paid for in a timely manner. Not my problem.

Bottom line, don't sell a thing if you cant send me the thing? No?

In turn, honest feedback here results in - Don't buy a thing if they have an issue getting you that thing.

Duh. Rolling Eyes

Um, so I was being sarcastic. Confused I gues the Rolling Eyes didnt do its job in the way I wanted. Laughing

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1974 Westfalia Hardtop Campmobile
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

You didn't "pay" squat. We don't charge the CCs until we ship the part. We are one of the few vendors who obey CC rules about this. It's a violation of CC policy to charge before you ship. The fact that "everybody" violates it has resulted in your ignorant post.

notchboy wrote:

Tough shit, I'm mad that you can't get me the thing I paid for in a timely manner. Not my problem.

In turn, honest feedback here results in - Don't buy a thing if they have an issue getting you that thing.

Duh. Rolling Eyes

Please do NOT send me Private Messages through the Samba PM System (I will not see them). Send me an e-mail to john at aircooled dot net

"Like" our Facebook page at
http://www.facebook.com/vwpartsaircoolednet
and get a 5% off code for use on one order for VW Parts ON OUR PARTS STORE WEBSITE, vwparts.aircooled.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

Duh. Rolling Eyes

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1974 Westfalia Hardtop Campmobile
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

These are not normal times and Covid has stressed every business.

I'm a cyclist and I see many store fronts that are now empty. My local supermarket didn't have toilet paper for months, so i waited. Yes, communications is important, but there's just so many hours in the day and being down 25% of the staff makes it harder.

I hope understanding John's and many other's situation breeds understanding.

Cast Iron and Aluminum distributors rebuilt since 2000.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
scranscran
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

Not accusing anyone of being unsupportive, a bad person,shady etc. But going on 2 months and not even being able to get a response back in regards to my order? Call me crazy, but that just isn't a good business/customer experience. I don't feel like I am the only person that would be a little concerned/put off by that. I'm also not suggesting that he shut his doors, but if orders cant be filled/shipped/responded to that have already come in, wouldn't cutting new orders make sense until things get caught up? If not its just a vicious cycle of the same situation/
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

scranscran wrote:
I guess I will give it a little bit longer, then take my business elsewhere if need be. If things are that far behind maybe you should shut down the website for a while until thing are caught back up. If it's that bad, new business, and new customers coming in are going to be just as frustrated as I am at this point. Seems like shooting yourself in the foot to continue to take new orders when you cant keep up/fill the existing ones.

I understand if you don't want to wait, but John has been 100% supportive to the Samba and to the VW community. So "we" should be understanding and supportive when Covid has impacted his ability to be timely. Because if we don't and he closes his doors, the only parts you'll be able to buy are those chrome bits in the color catalogs.

We VW owners are our worst enemies and we deserve the crap aftermarket chrome tin and 009s that's currently available.

Cast Iron and Aluminum distributors rebuilt since 2000.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
scranscran
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

I guess I will give it a little bit longer, then take my business elsewhere if need be. If things are that far behind maybe you should shut down the website for a while until thing are caught back up. If it's that bad, new business, and new customers coming in are going to be just as frustrated as I am at this point. Seems like shooting yourself in the foot to continue to take new orders when you cant keep up/fill the existing ones.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

We lost 3 employees when COVID came, and can't find replacements. People either have the IQ of a doughnut, or are too busy milking unemployment. The office is doing their best, but we are at 25% staffing right now, and it's not possible to keep up. They are trying their best.

Please do NOT send me Private Messages through the Samba PM System (I will not see them). Send me an e-mail to john at aircooled dot net

and get a 5% off code for use on one order for VW Parts ON OUR PARTS STORE WEBSITE, vwparts.aircooled.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
scranscran
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

Thought I would chime in on my experience with Air Cooled so far as well. I placed a big order with them 7/21/2020, waited a month before I checked back in on it, there are a few items that were not in stock, no problem. I waited a little longer, then reached out several times via email, and by phone in regards to removing one of the out of stock items, and possibly changing the other to something else that is maybe in stock and would work. The only thing I have received back was 1 generic email about shipping being slower, COVID, etc. which I understand, I really do. But, the lack of an actual response, be it by phone or email has made me a little hesitant about doing business with them, especially after reaching out several times via email AND phone.
Dave
Samba Elder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

Fellow VW people, I have known John, for over 20 years now, even before he started his air cooled parts business. He is HONEST, above all else. If it is a P.O.S. He'll tell you, and if it is really a P.O.S. you won't find it in his catalog. The pandemic has not only affected him, it has affected the whole world, and manufacturers of these parts for our beloved little cars, however much we would like it, are NOT all made in the US, so the supply chain problems can be from anywhere in the world, and what can John do about them? Not a damn thing. And you know what? Sh*t happens, he would never ever intentionally defraud anyone...Ignore their order? sure, that's a great way to stay in business... Rolling Eyes

"Those that matter, don't mind,
and those that mind, don't matter"
Lingwendil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

Ah, okay. That makes me feel better. I understand entirely what you mean on parts availability and sourcing though.

Modify your Kadrons for SVDA http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8115884#8115884

Cast iron VJU4BR8 SVDA reference thread- https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...mp;start=0

Need replacement filters for original Kadron aircleaners? WIX #42087 is a perfect fit, as is Napa Gold #2087!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

That has always been our system, just the wording has changed. I don't like the wording, but my opinion doesn't matter on stuff like that.

We try to stock everything, but the reality is that at any point in time over 10% of products are not in stock, because they are either in transit or currently not available for us to purchase (for a zillion reasons). If you own these cars and have for a while, you have pretty much realized that you can't get everything you want immediately. The cars ARE over 50 years old, and there are supply issues. We struggle to get everything we can, we do our best. It's also true that we carry far more parts than most retailers, many of which are very difficult to acquire. Other stores probably say "fuck it" and don't carry the ones which are so hard to get they are not worth it in the end for the amount of work it takes to get. We don't do that, we try to get everything, and try to keep old cars on the road. This is a problem with the typical Amazon customer who thinks that if it's listed it means we are ready to ship it 10 minutes after their order comes in. That is totally unrealistic for what we are here for.

Lingwendil wrote:
What's with the new order request system? It feels very vague and does not instill customer confidence. It makes it seem like parts may not actually be in stock, and that they have to be sourced? If this isn't the case it would be a nice idea to update the explanation on the checkout page.

Lingwendil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

What's with the new order request system? It feels very vague and does not instill customer confidence. It makes it seem like parts may not actually be in stock, and that they have to be sourced? If this isn't the case it would be a nice idea to update the explanation on the checkout page.

Modify your Kadrons for SVDA http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8115884#8115884

Cast iron VJU4BR8 SVDA reference thread- https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...mp;start=0

Need replacement filters for original Kadron aircleaners? WIX #42087 is a perfect fit, as is Napa Gold #2087!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Cr430c
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

Thank you John for the reply. I greatly appreciate you reaching out.
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

We are not closed, and not ignoring you intentionally.

We are severely under-staffed and struggling to get caught back up from multiple business setbacks starting with Covid back in March. Our e-mail queue is 1200 deep currently.

Stephanie is headed to the office this afternoon to take care of your return instructions and everything else she can do today (Sunday).

We are sorry you have had to be so patient.

Cr430c wrote:
I had ordered the wrong carb kit and received the carbs in may. Contacted them and was told I could return them and swap for correct kit. Havent seen or heard anything from them since. I've emailed every address on their site and even left voice-mail messages with nothing in about 4 months. Do I conclude they closed shop? Ignoring me? Not surewhat to do from here.

Cr430c
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

I had ordered the wrong carb kit and received the carbs in may. Contacted them and was told I could return them and swap for correct kit. Havent seen or heard anything from them since. I've emailed every address on their site and even left voice-mail messages with nothing in about 4 months. Do I conclude they closed shop? Ignoring me? Not surewhat to do from here.
gwal
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

Ordered a type 3 ott exhaust from acn, arrived well packed and on time.
Andy
SGKent Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:01 am    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

I've known John for a long time. He is a great person and he will give you honest advice. He is the kind of place you want to get parts from, because he is interested in helping you rather than just making a sale. If you are considering getting parts for your VW, include John when you shop.
Ted Williams has always been my hero since the very first time my dad took me down to their dugout after a game. They flew together in WWII. Ted liked to fish. Maybe as I get older it's time to do some fishing too. Smile

Have a great day and enjoy your bus.
82bessieblue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 6:11 am    Post subject: Re: Aircooled.net - [email protected] Reply with quote

boondocksdrew wrote:
Quote:
I ordered a pair of heads on March 13 and haven't been able to get a response from any of the email addresses. I guess at some point I have to conclude they just aren't going to respond, send an email saying I'm canceling the order, and let my credit card know not to approve that charge if it ever comes through. If they would even have responded saying it was going to be another month or something I would understand. But there's really no excuse for just not responding at all to anything over the course of 7 weeks, if you're claiming to be operating at all.

Update: After sending a request to cancel the order I got a response explaining this was held up for supply chain shortages and they hadn't realized I had been trying to get in touch for quite as long as it had been. I think we can chalk up the gap in response on this one as part fluke and part pandemic challenges. I'm sure I've spent thousands with ACN up to now and had consistently excellent advice and customer service. Having had my concerns addressed I expect I'll continue being a happy customer.

Good deal, hopefully they can get the heads to you soon. Yea seems the consensus is John is extremely prompt with answering technical questions, but even before the CoVID-19, delays in processing/shipping orders weren't that uncommon. The pandemic only compounds things, not just for them but most. Though I personally haven't had a negative experience with ACN. My wife has her own at-home business and is struggling to adjust her business model to adapt. Its tough for alot of folks out there. I placed an order with ACN for the dual weber 40s back on the 4th. To my knowledge they havent shipped as of yet.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Jump to:
Page 1 of 27

Jump to: