Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em.....
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2062, 2063, 2064 ... 2181, 2182, 2183  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Reader's Rides Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
This page may contain links to eBay where the site receives compensation.
WD-40
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

[Super Beetle - based tube-frame buggy]
What an odd mix of crumple and non-crumple zones. You're basically rolling the dice if you ever get hit in that. Pray
Keith
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

WD-40 wrote:
[Super Beetle - based tube-frame buggy]
What an odd mix of crumple and non-crumple zones. You're basically rolling the dice if you ever get hit in that. Pray

We are rolling the dice anytime we drive our classic VW’s so it should matter. Treat our cars like 4 wheeled motorcycles and drive them like that. That is likely safer.

"I firmly believe that some villagers from Botswana could probably build a better road than PennDot."- Splitty

"If you do anything to your car someone will hate on you for it. People absolutely love to complain and find fault with others. Don't let it bother you. Just live and have fun."- Lind
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

ach60 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

hazetguy wrote:

I blame reality TV shows like Welder Up & Vegas Rat Rods for making barnyard shit like this acceptable.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Keith
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:32 pm    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

Ebay fresh

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F263935506873

"I firmly believe that some villagers from Botswana could probably build a better road than PennDot."- Splitty

"If you do anything to your car someone will hate on you for it. People absolutely love to complain and find fault with others. Don't let it bother you. Just live and have fun."- Lind
VeeDubWolf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:43 am    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

Keith wrote:
Ebay fresh
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F263935506873

I don't often say this about the cars that appear here, most are merely poorly executed and/or not to my taste, but that is one UGLY car! I notice they're leaving out the fact that it's a replica from the title and everywhere except the technical specs, where they vague brag about how well built it is. Looks like it has sat outside in the weather a bit, the chrome of the rear seat-belts has sprouted rust, probably cheap/thin chrome since it's not in an area that sees physical wear. Pays to look at details and read the fine print! Some sellers... Rolling Eyes
-Plus a wide assortment of various parts'n'junk
Keith
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

VeeDubWolf wrote:
Keith wrote:
Ebay fresh

I don't often say this about the cars that appear here, most are merely poorly executed and/or not to my taste, but that is one UGLY car! I notice they're leaving out the fact that it's a replica from the title and everywhere except the technical specs, where they vague brag about how well built it is. Looks like it has sat outside in the weather a bit, the chrome of the rear seat-belts has sprouted rust, probably cheap/thin chrome since it's not in an area that sees physical wear. Pays to look at details and read the fine print! Some sellers... Rolling Eyes

Yup, it wasn’t just hit with the ugly stick, it was hit with the entire ugly tree.

I just noticed that all the door handles are trunk latches.

EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

Keith wrote:
VeeDubWolf wrote:
Keith wrote:
Ebay fresh

Yup, it wasn’t just hit with the ugly stick, it was hit with the entire ugly tree.

I just noticed that all the door handles are trunk latches.

I think it's "It fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down" Smile
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TDCTDI
Samba Advocatus Diaboli

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

It ran off the road at a high rate of speed & crashed through the ugly tree forest.

GOFUNDYOURSELF, quit asking everyone to do it for you!

An air cooled VW will make you a hoarder.

Do something, anything, to your project every day, and you will eventually complete it.
WD-40
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

VeeDubWolf wrote:
I notice they're leaving out the fact that it's a replica from the title and everywhere except the technical specs, where they vague brag about how well built it is.
Some sellers... Rolling Eyes

I'd say it's quite deceptive, actually.

* Listed as a 1927 Ford Model T, and in the Ford Model T section on eBay instead of the replicas/other-makes section.
* Description: "1927 Ford Model T Phaeton
The Model T was produced by Ford from 1908 until 1927. It was the longest running model until the Volkswagen Beetle passed it in 1972."
* "The front end is a torsion bar setup from the same VW which provides a nice ride and good handling." - But it's not just the front end, transmission, and engine... it's clearly the whole Beetle floor pan and the entire running gear.
* The info section again re-states the misinformation:
Make: Ford
Model: VW Model T Phaeton
Model Year: 1927

Buyer Beware for sure. I would think it would be clear as day that this isn't actually a Model T. But they sure are trying hard to pass it off as one. Rolling Eyes
WD-40
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

Also, this:

Laughing Laughing Laughing
vwuberalles
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:59 am    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

I want that blue bathroom set for my house!
1973 Superbeetle: 1st car, owned since age 12. Update thread --> https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9919140#9919140
1967 Kombi: Owned since age 17, Dad's retirement project.
1966 Beetle: My new project. (SOLD) Build thread--> https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=678040
VeeDubWolf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

And listing ended with no bids, guess that's one way to unintentionally avoid negative feedback! Ha, I hadn't noticed the repurposed deck-lid latches! They must've modified them with a linkage to work as oriented. The listing ebay suggested to me since that one ended is much more honest! (and better-looking) https://www.ebay.com/itm/1913-Ford-Model-T-/183446465502?oid=263935506873
WD-40
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

Do sculptures and yard art count? Laughing

craigslist wrote:
Metal sculpture VW Bug "Bug" yard art - $350
This sculpture is made of VW Bug parts
It is spectacular
Terrific for any VW enthusiast
Or anyone who admires one of a kind artwork

Laughing Laughing Laughing
notchback
Insensitive Jerk

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

Fresh from Salt Lake City

https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/53661057

FU#3
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
WD-40
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

Hmm... I could see that one being polarizing. It's like a pickup version of the Porsche 914? Think
Jacks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=ST&f=2&t=4788&hl=troutman
type2rescuemaine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2212953

Thought this was a photoshop at first.
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

type2rescuemaine wrote:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2212953

Thought this was a photoshop at first.

For posterity:

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
VeeDubWolf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: VW abortions, homemade bastards, post em..... Reply with quote

notchback wrote:
Fresh from Salt Lake City

Huh, I kinda like it!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Reader's Rides All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2062, 2063, 2064 ... 2181, 2182, 2183  Next
Jump to:
Page 2063 of 2183

Jump to: