Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Buses and parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2304, 2305, 2306 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

chris henry wrote:
Alan Brase wrote:
62DoKaGuy wrote:
crukab wrote:
EA57RHD wrote:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2090017

Really, $100K Rolling Eyes

If this rust bucket sells for that outrages price tag, my 59 SC is worth double that.

The logos are cool but the price tag is a pipe dream.

My guess is he ment $10K, his other 2 Buses for sale are $12000 and in a little better shape. Question Eh?

I agree, but if he meant to say $10K, then it would not have followed the trend for the other two ads, where he spelled out "12000" and not "12K." $10,000 still would be pretty high for the condition. Cool logo and possible history, but there is some definitely project hours needed...

Not very hard to hit the EDIT button. I've hit it about 1000 time myself. (that would be 1k edits.)
Al

News flash..Huge price drop !!!it's only 50k now...someone better jump on this !!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Maybe he removed $50K of NOS parts from the box..
Also "What's in the box?!?"
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
campingbox Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
chris henry wrote:
Alan Brase wrote:
62DoKaGuy wrote:
crukab wrote:
EA57RHD wrote:

Really, $100K :roll:

If this rust bucket sells for that outrages price tag, my 59 SC is worth double that.

My guess is he ment $10K, his other 2 Buses for sale are $12000 and in a little better shape. :?: :-s

I agree, but if he meant to say $10K, then it would not have followed the trend for the other two ads, where he spelled out "12000" and not "12K." $10,000 still would be pretty high for the condition. Cool logo and possible history, but there is some definitely project hours needed...

Not very hard to hit the EDIT button. I've hit it about 1000 time myself. (that would be 1k edits.)
Al

News flash..Huge price drop !!!it's only 50k now...someone better jump on this !!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I like that the stampings in the cargo floor run left to right - makes it easier to sweep the dirt out.
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:54 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Another fish-n-flip joker to add to the list.

Edit: note the pressure washer and Shop-Vac shown, right there at the place of rest. He forgot to mention, "Buyer digs it out."

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/d/1958-volkswagen-bus-double/6288661122.html

Last edited by Busstom on Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:32 am; edited 1 time in total
kafer60
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:21 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

campingbox wrote:
EverettB wrote:
chris henry wrote:
Alan Brase wrote:
62DoKaGuy wrote:
crukab wrote:
EA57RHD wrote:

My guess is he ment $10K, his other 2 Buses for sale are $12000 and in a little better shape. Question Eh?

Al

News flash..Huge price drop !!!it's only 50k now...someone better jump on this !!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

I like that the stampings in the cargo floor run left to right - makes it easier to sweep the dirt out.

Would those floor stamping be OG? or did someone put the floor in incorrectly.
"The hardest part about business, is minding your own"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

that is a bus cargo floor put in sideways, you can see the stamping indents that would face the bulkhead in a bus are now facing the door opening. so def. a repair/replace job.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/pix/7542488.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cru62
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Walk-thru? Not so much-
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2073653
Underneath is kinda scary.

Jokes about German sausage are the wurst.

Spitty1974
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

What'a even more ludicrous is that he wants 25k for the other single cab that doesn't even have gates. I pm him and asked about it. I told him he was asking for the moon and wouldn't get anything close to that number.

I made an offer on the Mango because I want a standard bus to tool on several years from now and a small hatch mango fits the bill on my bus want list. I'm guessing the offer I made him was considered a low ball offer because I cut his asking price of 12k right in half......I never heard back....I'm all for anyone that finds a bus and deals with getting it extracted and titled a decent profit, but this guys prices are just silly.
Skim
Rants Master

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Busstom wrote:

Edit: note the pressure washer and Shop-Vac shown, right there at the place of rest. He forgot to mention, "Buyer digs it out."

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/d/1958-volkswagen-bus-double/6288661122.html

Isn't that the bus from the 'today in bus hunting history' thread from yesterday now mysteriously deleted?
1954 Sunroof
1959 Lowlight Ghia vert
1960 Lt Grey Double Cab SMZ LEGIT
1963 Deluxe Turkis Walk Thru 15 Window OG Paint
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Skim wrote:
Busstom wrote:

Isn't that the bus from the 'today in bus hunting history' thread from yesterday now mysteriously deleted?

I don't remember that but it's on this site too
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2090290
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Pinetops
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Skim wrote:
Busstom wrote:

It's still there:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...tart=17600
Pinetops
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Spitty1974 wrote:
What'a even more ludicrous is that he wants 25k for the other single cab that doesn't even have gates. I pm him and asked about it. I told him he was asking for the moon and wouldn't get anything close to that number.

I made an offer on the Mango because I want a standard bus to tool on several years from now and a small hatch mango fits the bill on my bus want list. I'm guessing the offer I made him was considered a low ball offer because I cut his asking price of 12k right in half......I never heard back....I'm all for anyone that finds a bus and deals with getting it extracted and titled a decent profit, but this guys prices are just silly.

The Mango is down to 10k now. It's the best bus of the lot IMO. Too bad it doesn't have any of the seats.

That one will make a nice project for someone, cool bus.
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

kafer60 wrote:
campingbox wrote:
EverettB wrote:
chris henry wrote:
Alan Brase wrote:
62DoKaGuy wrote:
crukab wrote:
EA57RHD wrote:

Al

Would those floor stamping be OG? or did someone put the floor in incorrectly.

Still dropping. Down to $25k...'nuther 22 and he'll be in the ball park Razz
easy e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

I thought a good early visor was like $75-$85... I guess times are changing.
But then again... Corey leads the way... maybe he's up to snuff with Euro prices, availability & the weaker dollar.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2091499
Alan Brase
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

easy e wrote:
I thought a good early visor was like $75-$85... I guess times are changing.
But then again... Corey leads the way... maybe he's up to snuff with Euro prices, availability & the weaker dollar.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2091499

The $60 one is not good. The hanger is broken. It's a stronger dollar now vs the pound Sterling. So, less competition from UK. Do not know about Continental type 2 enthusiasts.

Al
To New owners: 1969 doublecab, 1971 Dormobile
Vanagons:
80 P27 Westy JUL 1979, 3rd oldest known US
83 1.6TD Vanagon, 87 Wolfie Westy daily driver, swap meet home
60freak
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:29 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

cru62 wrote:
Walk-thru? Not so much-
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2073653
Underneath is kinda scary.

No kidding, looks like the driver side frame needs replaced and something strange is going on towards the back end of the frame as well (big plates on the frame rails?). Dude is on some good stuff asking $20k for it when it needs major frame/rust work.
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:13 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Busstom wrote:

I don't see the problem here. He said in the thread he was going to sell it and its only $3500. I don't see the complaint here.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
PeteSC
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

$6k, title can be had for "additional." Shocked

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2091714
sgellis
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

crofty wrote:
Busstom wrote:

I don't see the problem here. He said in the thread he was going to sell it and its only $3500. I don't see the complaint here.

Agreed. Best someone gets it than for it to rust away. At $3500 he is not trying to get rich off it.
The Nova Scotian Barndoor (YouTube)
The Nova Scotian Barndoor (CAD drawings)
vwchance
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

PeteSC wrote:

Since its was brought up in the whine's, can I ask what other members think of this? The Guy seems pretty honest and 6k for an early pgsg?? It's really rough😐
crukab
Samba Chef

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

vwchance wrote:
PeteSC wrote:

Since its was brought up in the whine's, can I ask what other members think of this? The Guy seems pretty honest and 6k for an early pgsg?? It's really rough��

The seller is straight up, I would trust Ed.
That baby is rough as Hell, but we have all seen worse buses come back to life. Extra for the title means to me he does not have one, but can get one, but it will cost, you. If he sold it to someone in a State that does not require one - like Vt. or N.H.--- why spend that cash.

My Pops:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=604100&highlight=
I know you will always be with me, rest in peace with no more pain. 8/13/14.....

In the yard right now:
'51 Dodge 5 window truck
'65 Bug
'66 Singlecab
'82 Rabbit Truck Diesel from CALI Smile
'86 Doublecab W/T
'91 Vanagon carat/wolfsbrg.Tiico
'88 Dodge Ram pickup
'11 Jetta Wagon
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2304, 2305, 2306 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
Jump to:
Page 2305 of 2710

Jump to: