Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Buses and parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2462, 2463, 2464 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
comcam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

busdaddy wrote:
Oh wait.., what's that in the background?, the Mike Wolf panel?
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...p;start=60

I live in Columbia, I can go check it out. I will be back in town on Monday.
bwaz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

No PICTURES????
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2270145
npbusguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

bwaz wrote:
No PICTURES????

There are pictures now, but $9500 for a tent? Faaaaaaaaak!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
srfndoc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Greg posted his (almost identical tent) for $6500. Seems a bit high but better starting point than $9500.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2270158

notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Old canvas has gone up quite a bit. Gone are the gas station gift givers seeing you fueling your bus up and telling you to swing by and get this old bag out of my garage. Laughing

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
chris henry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

npbusguy wrote:
bwaz wrote:
No PICTURES????

\
um yea... I just picked up an entire so23 for less than that. Shocked Shocked Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
campingbox Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

chris henry wrote:
npbusguy wrote:
bwaz wrote:
No PICTURES????

\
um yea... I just picked up an entire so23 for less than that. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Yeah, but I doubt it came with a nice condition tent at that price.

$9500 for a yellow and grey tent is insane.

I think the tent I have for sale looks nicer BTW, and it's cheap! by comparison
chris henry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

campingbox wrote:
chris henry wrote:
npbusguy wrote:
bwaz wrote:
No PICTURES????

\
um yea... I just picked up an entire so23 for less than that. Shocked Shocked Shocked

Yeah, but I doubt it came with a nice condition tent at that price.

$9500 for a yellow and grey tent is insane.

I think the tent I have for sale looks nicer BTW, and it's cheap! by comparison

No tent. everything else including the OG rack though. and its not a rust bucket either
dawerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

People feel a bit slighted when they see 'high' prices. I tend to sell my stuff on the cheap because I value quicker sales. But props to these guys, they recognize the 'future value' of stuff.

That tent is $9500 only because you won't see another one. And the value of goods is more than the infinite supply of money. I'm sure people 'whined' when they saw tents at $2500 (right here in this thread....).
srfndoc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

dawerks wrote:
People feel a bit slighted when they see 'high' prices. I tend to sell my stuff on the cheap because I value quicker sales. But props to these guys, they recognize the 'future value' of stuff.

That tent is $9500 only because you won't see another one. And the value of goods is more than the infinite supply of money. I'm sure people 'whined' when they saw tents at $2500 (right here in this thread....).

We literally just saw another one.... priced $3000 less than this one. Smile
thom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Just pray - for the love of dog and all that is holy - that his sex tape never gets leaked

ryans65 wrote:
we are in an era of whoring yourself to make money or whatever, so yes

azbob wrote:
crukab wrote:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2269844

Seems a bit pricey, but maybe that is the tv fame ?? Rolling Eyes

Do they really have to be in the damned photos too?

1957 23-Window Deluxe
1957 Mercedes Westfalia single cab
1963 Unimog 404
1965 E-Type
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2270419
Original paint Mango/Sea Gull Gray ribbed bumper

I feel like I'm forgetting something but what period of time would this come on a Bus?

Ribbed bumpers are up to 58
Mango is 59-61

Some early 59s have ribbed bumpers but they were solid Silver White

So?
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
easy e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Somebody else agrees it's a better starting point.
Greg's ad has been deleted Wink
I saw lots of pics of it... it was crisp & clean.... somebody got a really primo tent.
srfndoc wrote:
Greg posted his (almost identical tent) for $6500. Seems a bit high but better starting point than $9500.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2270158

RHD Notch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:48 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:

I feel like I'm forgetting something but what period of time would this come on a Bus?

Mango is 59-61

So?

I'm pretty sure August '58 built mango buses got pressed bumpers, but they were painted entirely silver white. I don't think they ever got two-tone bumpers like that in the classifieds Question I believe oakman here has an August '58 built mango bus...maybe he'll chime in with the details?

Page 8 of this thread has some pics of his bus...

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...;start=140
I have some other projects I'd like to finish first and I want to drive this bus while I'm working on those to help stay motivated.
type241
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:52 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Didn't Australian early Mangos have that bumper?
Who.Me? Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Saw a link to this from facebook. I've posted the link via Bing translate as it's on Ebay classifieds in Germany. Barndoor single cab €99,000

https://www.translatetheweb.com/?from=&to=en&a...4-216-9333

Original page... https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/volkswagen-t1-pritsche-barndoor-/1096301984-216-9333

It's very nice, but for that price, I'd expect a meticulous concourse restoration. (Primered underbody and treasure chest, not painted, white wheels and chrome hub caps, not blue/painted, and no whitewall tyres).

Looks like there's something strange going on with the paint on the firewall behind the engine too...

Looking for info on my truck's history. Are you from Campbell California or nearby. Do you recognise it? ... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=636786
BarryL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Are those high-dollar well-preserved tents usable as though they were just coming from the maker or are they dangerously fragile from just age?

Greg, if you don't mind me asking, what is the backstory to the tent you advertised?
oakman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

RHD Notch wrote:
EverettB wrote:

Mango is 59-61

So?

I'm pretty sure August '58 built mango buses got pressed bumpers, but they were painted entirely silver white. I don't think they ever got two-tone bumpers like that in the classifieds Question I believe oakman here has an August '58 built mango bus...maybe he'll chime in with the details?

Page 8 of this thread has some pics of his bus...

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...;start=140

type241 wrote:
Didn't Australian early Mangos have that bumper?

In Australia they had two-tone pressed bumpers on Mango buses, but the colors were reversed as seen in the photo below from the "Aussie 58" thread:

oakman wrote:
Sweet Mango and great work!

braddick wrote:
j.pickens wrote:
Fine work on a monster bus. Should this one have Silver White pressed bumpers?

Thanks for the compliment, from what I've found out two tone bumpers on mangos was only a short run till they went all silver white pressed bumpers
Maybe a 6 month only time frame on 58 's and maybe because it's a Aussie bus they were a bit late on some of the changes to models than US and Europe
They are going suit my bus on how I want it to look
Cheers

I love how the two tone colors on the bumpers are reversed from the "norm" on these early Aussie Mangos.

All I know is that apparently all of the buses built in August 1958 (the earliest 1959 models) had all Silver-White pressed bumpers. There's a page from Progressive Refinements that shows the vin # when that ended.. Not sure about the one in the ad though?

Apparently Aussie Mangos (and maybe the other models) kept the pressed bumpers longer into the 1959 year model.
oakman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

BarryL wrote:
Are those high-dollar well-preserved tents usable as though they were just coming from the maker or are they dangerously fragile from just age?

I have a nice yellow and grey original tent and it is still plenty strong to still be used as it was intended.

I also have the tattered original tent that came with my bus. It is sun-faded and rotted, was left outside in the desert used as a tarp for some period of time. It is weak and tears easily.
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

oakman wrote:
BarryL wrote:

I have a nice yellow and grey original tent and it is still plenty strong to still be used as it was intended.

I also have the tattered original tent that came with my bus. It is sun-faded and rotted, was left outside in the desert used as a tarp for some period of time. It is weak and tears easily.

This is completely dependent on where its been.

A stored tent in a garage in Borego Springs CA is going to fair different than a tent in Woodinville WA. Heat and sun makes things brittle, rain and clouds makes things moldy rotten.

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2462, 2463, 2464 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
Jump to:
Page 2463 of 2710

Jump to: