Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Buses and parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2501, 2502, 2503 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Ghia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

At least the guy that offered you $5000 did it in person. Most people that make low ball offers over a text or email don’t have the balls to make that low ball offer in person.
velvetgreen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Unless I (and 5K plus samba views) are missing something this looks like a pretty fair deal on first blush. Given that the ad has been up for months and viewed by 1000's and still has not sold there must be more to the story

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2294582
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
azbob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

"Dont ask for 100 pictures! I'm not going to send them! Come see it if you want it!..."

You have something posted on the internet. Add 100 pics to a google drive and get over it. I'm not paying $300 to fly out and find out you have transparent floors.
srfndoc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

velvetgreen wrote:
Unless I (and 5K plus samba views) are missing something this looks like a pretty fair deal on first blush. Given that the ad has been up for months and viewed by 1000's and still has not sold there must be more to the story

Looks like a nice OG paint bus. I think it would sell close to that price if they put one of Clara's uber kombi panel kits in, redo the rear and middle seats with correct interior and bolt everything in. Basically make it more presentable.
easy e
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

srfndoc wrote:
velvetgreen wrote:

Looks like a nice OG paint bus. I think it would sell close to that price if they put one of Clara's uber kombi panel kits in, redo the rear and middle seats with correct interior and bolt everything in. Basically make it more presentable.
Kombi panels in a Standard.... blasphemy! Wink

Last edited by easy e on Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total
azbob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:55 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

srfndoc wrote:
velvetgreen wrote:

Imagine how much it would cost to do that and still have a $20k-ish bus in the end. The market is weird right now.
srfndoc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

easy e wrote:
srfndoc wrote:
velvetgreen wrote:

Cheaper than putting a headliner in it and actual set of Standard panels. Smile
zozo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

srfndoc wrote:
easy e wrote:
srfndoc wrote:
velvetgreen wrote:

Cheaper than putting a headliner in it and actual set of Standard panels. Smile

My bus is nearly identical to that, and if I were to be completely realistic, I'd expect that should I sell it today (not going to), that I'd get that or just a bit more. Mine doesn't need half of what that one does, but I guess as an asking price to start the discussion, his price seems reasonable.
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

velvetgreen wrote:

Standards get no love now days. I think single cabs sell for more.
For $20k it should run, be shined up and have a presentable interior and be dryer than that. That's a $15k bus tops now days.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
Emeraldlion
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Braukuche wrote:
velvetgreen wrote:

Standards get no love now days. I think single cabs sell for more.
For $20k it should run, be shined up and have a presentable interior and be dryer than that. That's a $15k bus tops now days.

This is an interesting opinion. I thought I was starting to feel the opposite. Based on asking prices (which I think we have covered ) it seems that standards , more original metal and paint the better, are the next wave. Seems single cabs are slowing, and panels aren't feeling much love right now. Wish I didn't have little kids who want windows cause I love panels.....

P.s. I would be all over that bus at 15 right now.
velvetgreen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

As a standard owner I can't see the appeal of a SC and its massively cramped cab other than occasional lumber runs and so on but to each their own. If I was in the market for a truck I (and seemingly everyone else) would be more interested in a DC
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Emeraldlion
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

velvetgreen wrote:
As a standard owner I can't see the appeal of a SC and its massively cramped cab other than occasional lumber runs and so on but to each their own. If I was in the market for a truck I (and seemingly everyone else) would be more interested in a DC

I agree, and probably why the doublecabs seem very popular( good reason). They are perfect mix. For a single person or couple though single cabs are definitely cool. I would love to have one but it would have to supplement a standard. Personally standard 11 windows are my favorite for whatever reason (singletone) with 13w being next.
Bruce Amacker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Braukuche wrote:
velvetgreen wrote:

That's a $15k bus tops now days.

I don't think it's even $15K, not with needing that much metal. No way.
'66- http://www.leakoil.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2888&sid=54d8dedfb3822f99c7f2ea430cb4e856
'65- http://leakoil.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4263
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bryan67
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

I know they are Barndoor wheels and all.... but $6500?
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2149491
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Bryan67 wrote:

ad's been up for a year and a half, so what does that tell you. A TUN!!!!!
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Bruce Amacker wrote:
Braukuche wrote:
velvetgreen wrote:

That's a $15k bus tops now days.

I don't think it's even $15K, not with needing that much metal. No way.

Right, not for me, at least. He does say "Front nose is excellent..." I wonder about the rear nose... Think
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Emeraldlion wrote:
velvetgreen wrote:

I agree, and probably why the doublecabs seem very popular( good reason). They are perfect mix. For a single person or couple though single cabs are definitely cool. I would love to have one but it would have to supplement a standard. Personally standard 11 windows are my favorite for whatever reason (singletone) with 13w being next.

Funny, I have always preferred single cabs, and long bed full size trucks. Double cabs are great, if you need to haul people.

I use my single cab for hauling and building stuff. The 9 foot bed makes all the difference. My Chevy is a single cab long bed, too. Even my little Xtra cab Toyota has a seven footer.
chris henry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Bryan67 wrote:

Yea I saw a set sell at the last Sacramento BOR for around $1100 and it was from a seller who routinely makes appearances on this page for his insane prices. This guy takes crazy to a whole other level.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

hazetguy wrote:
Bryan67 wrote:

chris henry wrote:
Bryan67 wrote:

Yea I saw a set sell at the last Sacramento BOR for around $1100 and it was from a seller who routinely makes appearances on this page for his insane prices. This guy takes crazy to a whole other level.

$1100 for fresh Barndoor wheels and tires would be ok.

I'm guessing that was not the case though.

If it was 5 used Barndoor 16s for $1100... Hmmmm, possible if the condition is super nice, more so if they were all date-matched

$6K... I can't see that happening.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
chris henry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
hazetguy wrote:
Bryan67 wrote:

chris henry wrote:
Bryan67 wrote:

$1100 for fresh Barndoor wheels and tires would be ok.

I'm guessing that was not the case though.

If it was 5 used Barndoor 16s for $1100... Hmmmm, possible if the condition is super nice, more so if they were all date-matched

$6K... I can't see that happening.

No tires. just 4 rims that needed re clipped
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2501, 2502, 2503 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
Jump to:
Page 2502 of 2710

Jump to: