Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Buses and parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2516, 2517, 2518 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
pondoras box
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

crofty wrote:
BUCIOBATISTI wrote:
I feel like $665,000 might be a bit optimistic on this one...

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2330751

I dunno, the kids love the Patina!

Looks like he fixed it. Must have been the case of one too many 0's

1961 23 Window (Bobo)
1965 11 Window (Zelda)
1965 13 Window (Lucas)
1957 Oval ragtop
1988 Cabriolet VR6 conversion
Plus a lot of other rusty junk
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

pondoras box wrote:
crofty wrote:
BUCIOBATISTI wrote:

Even with the corrected price that's way too much for that roached out thing.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
pondoras box
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Braukuche wrote:
pondoras box wrote:
crofty wrote:
BUCIOBATISTI wrote:

Even with the corrected price that's way too much for that roached out thing.

Not many 23 windows for sale on the east coast, so location will command a higher price. See above about a particular sun roof bus that was moved 2000 miles etc...

1961 23 Window (Bobo)
1965 11 Window (Zelda)
1965 13 Window (Lucas)
1957 Oval ragtop
1988 Cabriolet VR6 conversion
Plus a lot of other rusty junk
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Aaron Williams
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Clara wrote:
buseric wrote:
Clara wrote:
chris henry wrote:
BUCIOBATISTI wrote:
chris henry wrote:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2328468
usually when people use the word concourse in their description they get ripped apart in this forum. I found little to whine about on this one except maybe the price and the distributor wasn't correct. Anyone else spot something I didn't?

1958 and a brakelight decklid, don't need to look much further, although I am seeing several more things that you've missed.

I did notice the deck lid but I was figuring he might have gotten the year wrong as others have mentioned he doesn't seem vw savvy

Ad says VIN is 274366, which is before the bumper change. August 1957. As some people think the model year change was always Aug 1, maybe that's why they called it a 58.

Incorrect cargo door handle orientation.
should not have the rubber on the steering column bracket.
I like the black torsion end covers and the red contrast where they bolt on.
too much red underneath, which is how painters like to do it.
correct safari latch orientation
dash grab handle?
didn't look much, but I am not seeing a lot of issues..

"Under the hood of this ‘58 Microbus.." seems odd. What hood?
why not show the taillights?

What bumper change are you referring to? I am not aware of one anywhere near that chassis #. It would be a whole year later before the overrider bumpers arrived. Should be late '57-'58 only decklid, not centre brake light. I would call it a 1958 model year by that chassis #. Maybe a centre brakelight decklid was added to the '58 taillights for added braking visibility? Hard to know without seeing taillights.

Oops, brain fart when I read the post I responded to. For some reason I thought he was talking about the bumpers . ha ha.
Yes, originally a flat decklid bus.

- Missing dash tray fabric.
- As mentioned, it should not have a church key holder on kick panel until late 61. Church key goes in door pocket. T shaped. This is a common mistake. In my panel install tips, I added a mention of NOT using the church key holder for earlier splits. Not so many people know the details from having had the opportunity and interest to look at og buses. Stock restos are hard. Smile
- Does it have six long spoons?

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

There aren't so many nits to pick on this one. Wink

Just a little insight on this bus as I personally know the guy that restored it. The guy selling is not the one that restored it and is just trying to flip it. He knows nothing about VW's and this is just a pay day in his mind. Rolling Eyes

However, this bus is absolutely stunning in person and possibly one of the cleanest and straightest buses I have seen. All of us in the local community were really sad to see this go up for sale within a month of it being sold to the current owner. It was never a "concourse" restoration, this is just the quality of work the guy that restored it does. It's a truly awesome bus that's just not perfect.
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Aaron Williams wrote:

Just a little insight on this bus as I personally know the guy that restored it. The guy selling is not the one that restored it and is just trying to flip it. He knows nothing about VW's and this is just a pay day in his mind. Rolling Eyes

However, this bus is absolutely stunning in person and possibly one of the cleanest and straightest buses I have seen. All of us in the local community were really sad to see this go up for sale within a month of it being sold to the current owner. It was never a "concourse" restoration, this is just the quality of work the guy that restored it does. It's a truly awesome bus that's just not perfect.

I think thats what most are, period. We tend to get wrapped up in a price that staggers most of us then back fill nit picking the shit out of it to justify our realizations over the stupid price.

"For that kind of money they should of (place answer here)"

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

BUCIOBATISTI wrote:

Don't hate the player, hate the game!

Seriously though, this '63 23-Window is really late, one of the latest July 23s I have seen - July 11th:

It's also a Turkis Bus that been repainted SWR/BG. Weird.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
chris henry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
BUCIOBATISTI wrote:

Seriously though, this '63 23-Window is really late, one of the latest July 23s I have seen - July 11th:

I remember this bus. Greg pulled this one out of Texas maybe 15 months ago. I remember some of the local players were not happy about missing out on it. I pretty sure these are the people he sold it to. pretty cool bus. Maybe it could be stripped back to OG paint ? I remember thinking it was odd that it had what appeared to be a very old re spray on it. Maybe the dealer sprayed it to get rid of it before the new models came in for a customer that had to have red?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

chris henry wrote:
EverettB wrote:
BUCIOBATISTI wrote:

I remember this bus. Greg pulled this one out of Texas maybe 15 months ago. I remember some of the local players were not happy about missing out on it. I pretty sure these are the people he sold it to. pretty cool bus. Maybe it could be stripped back to OG paint ? I remember thinking it was odd that it had what appeared to be a very old re spray on it. Maybe the dealer sprayed it to get rid of it before the new models came in for a customer that had to have red?

You are correct, here's the old ad from Greg:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2151250

It looks very similar but the passenger rocker has been "fixed" in the new ad, not sure what else has been done to it.

This repair

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Busted-bolt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:38 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Wow a Lt. blau and turkis bus and a samba to boot is a rare combo .Does anyone have a picture of one of those to show what this bus should look like?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dustin B
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:57 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

This has to be my favorite add ever. 1959 23 window. I love when they say "I know what it's worth" I'm tempted to message him to see what he wants for a quarter of a bus.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2330918

62 og paint L469 type 1
61 og paint L31 DD panel type 2
64 heilite viscount tent trailer
71 sears clamshell trailer

I <3 Brazilian busses

Original paint and patina extravaganza http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=187156
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
thom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Dustin B wrote:
This has to be my favorite add ever. 1959 23 window. I love when they say "I know what it's worth" I'm tempted to message him to see what he wants for a quarter of a bus.

comes with a vw birth certificate

That literally cost more than the bus is worth, other than as a sketchy VIN-donor
1957 23-Window Deluxe
1957 Mercedes Westfalia single cab
1963 Unimog 404
1965 E-Type
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Busted-bolt wrote:
Wow a Lt. blau and turkis bus and a samba to boot is a rare combo .Does anyone have a picture of one of those to show what this bus should look like?

It's not rare - it was a standard color scheme for 1963.

Here's a really nice one:

Warded
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Maybe not rare, but looking at today’s classifieds seems to suggest SWR/BG are quite a bit easier to find up for sale.
Clara Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
Busted-bolt wrote:

It's not rare - it was a standard color scheme for 1963.

Here's a really nice one:

They made them in tin top version too. Here's a nice og paint late 63 15:

crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

I love me a red dash.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

thom wrote:
Dustin B wrote:

That literally cost more than the bus is worth, other than as a sketchy VIN-donor

That's a thing in the Porsche world now, selling trashed heaps for the VINs.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
chris henry
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

thom wrote:
Dustin B wrote:

"I know what its worth" … then how about you put that number in the little spot where it says "price" instead of fishing and wasting peoples time including your own. "they make all the metal to fix these" with price of buses going downward you would be an idiot to try and fix that thing even if he gave it to you.
hitest
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

chris henry wrote:
thom wrote:
Dustin B wrote:

"I know what its worth" … then how about you put that number in the little spot where it says "price" instead of fishing and wasting peoples time including your own. "they make all the metal to fix these" with price of buses going downward you would be an idiot to try and fix that thing even if he gave it to you.

I might be reading too much into this guy. But not having a title, yet going through the process of obtaining a BC for that pile, suggests he is trying to produce some level of provenance of some sort where no proof of real legitimate ownership exists. He did that because he cannot obtain legal ownership. He should be tarred and feathered in the square.

And his POS crushed.

I wonder what the nut looks like.

'62 L390 151, '62 L469 117, '63 L380 113, '64 L87 311, '65 L512 265, '65 L31 SO-42, '66 L360 251, '68 L30k 141, '71 L12 113, '74 ORG 181

FU#5
Busstom
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

chris henry wrote:
...with price of buses going downward...

Did I just read that??? Did you write that? Shocked

Smile
Emeraldlion
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Dustin B wrote:

I passed this bus on I-40 this past weekend. We were hauling home my 1960 swr kombi from vegas to Arkansas. My dad and I laughed and made jokes for st least 5 minutes. Now I feel kind of bad for him.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2516, 2517, 2518 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
Jump to:
Page 2517 of 2710

Jump to: