Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Official whine about Buses and parts for sale
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2624, 2625, 2626 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Try having one restored to that level for $35k. Forget it. You’ll pay $15k at least for a project turd then spent another $20k on metal work and body and paint, $3k on interior and rubber, $3k on canopy and frame, $7k on engine and trans, $2k on brakes and suspension...even more depending on choices.
Hardly anyone has the skills or interest to build a nice bus anymore, so you will pay out the nose to have it done decent.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
vwdavevt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Today, in that shape, absolutely.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
apexxn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

LAGrunthaner wrote:
Not sure if this is a whine but how are SC's reaching 35K? Teach me please.

Because they're the coolest ride that Volkswagen ever produced.

I might be biased.
Clara Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Patiently Impatient wrote:
chris henry wrote:
EverettB wrote:
AS350driver wrote:
chris henry wrote:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2435314
what in fucks sake do we have here?

I kinda like it, whatever it is. Not $50k like, but....I’d drive it. Just to see where it broke in half first!

Notice it is a conversation bus, not conversion. So you could get a 13w slider in ‘67 ? Or it was an 11 window converted to 13, then became a 21.

Quote:
German 1967 conversation 21 windows Bus
Very Happy

Yes, I'm wondering what was converted.
You could definitely buy a slider Bus in 1967 but what did it start as?
I would want to know if the slider is original too

if you look at the rear cargo floor it looks bay

Was there a picture of the rear cargo floor? It's not there any longer.

This listing is very suspicious. I'd feel more safe spending $50k on a time-share in Camden, NJ.

This is a very good picture, quite conversation worthy.
The gestalt gives a good feeling and I wouldn't be surprised if is sells on the pics alone.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Guessing it's a slider bus converted to a 21 window, and the buyer will not be a purist/ bus snob.
teahead
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

$48k????

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2431961

What's the big deal about factory safaris?
willieb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

bobrk wrote:
$35k? How about $50k?

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1965-volkswagen-single-cab-transporter-3/

Like Radar said “wait for it”
vwdavevt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:27 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Factory Safaris would be cool but not for that price! Also... wouldn't you think if you were trying to sell any bus (especially for one at that price!) you would pull it out in the sun (looks like a nice day in that first pic) and take take some decent photos! Crappy pictures of the bus and one good picture of some old stickers. I guess that they are kinda cool but.....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
CanStan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

vwdavevt wrote:
Factory Safaris would be cool but not for that price! Also... wouldn't you think if you were trying to sell any bus (especially for one at that price!) you would pull it out in the sun (looks like a nice day in that first pic) and take take some decent photos! Crappy pictures of the bus and one good picture of some old stickers. I guess that they are kinda cool but.....

Agreed. When your asking ~10x what the Bus is worth, you need to justify it to potential buyers. So at a bare minimum, that means blowing the dust and cobwebs off. Maybe even wash it. Being a New York Bus, I will assume it's rotten in the usual spots until the seller proves otherwise.

He is willing to negotiate on the price, so I wonder what fraction of that price he's actually hoping to get?
earlywesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

CanStan wrote:
vwdavevt wrote:

Agreed. When your asking ~10x what the Bus is worth, you need to justify it to potential buyers. So at a bare minimum, that means blowing the dust and cobwebs off. Maybe even wash it. Being a New York Bus, I will assume it's rotten in the usual spots until the seller proves otherwise.

He is willing to negotiate on the price, so I wonder what fraction of that price he's actually hoping to get?

It started at $60k
CanStan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

buseric wrote:
CanStan wrote:
vwdavevt wrote:

It started at $60k

Shocked
teahead
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Not a 1961:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1961-volkswagen-bus-7/

Did pre-63 Brazillians have the same features as Germans? Thick front lips, flat rear wheel wells. tiny lights?
House
Minutia Militia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

teahead wrote:
Not a 1961:

Did pre-63 Brazillians have the same features as Germans? Thick front lips, flat rear wheel wells. tiny lights?

I was going to comment, but I don’t even think it is worth my time to
start discussions about Brazilian buses... Laughing
Busted-bolt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:19 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

teahead wrote:
Not a 1961:

Card board partition and some funky bars behind drivers seat Confused My 61 has pointed turn signals, glass taillights ,fat lip doglegs and no rear wheel lips.
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

House wrote:
teahead wrote:
Not a 1961:

I was going to comment, but I don’t even think it is worth my time to
start discussions about Brazilian buses... Laughing

It’s like criticizing peanuts on a turd.

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
hazetguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

am i losing my mind? $9000, really????

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2457779
Rough 1961 vw single cab Price: 9000

1961 Volkswagen single cab truck frame looks to be solid body needs some attention as the bottom of the seat no engine transmission is there title in hand in my name will take offers

condition 4?????
4 - Fair - Runs and drives OK but needs work throughout the vehicle. Body shows signs of wear or previous restoration work. Any rust should be minimal and not in any structural areas. Cosmetics, body, and mechanics all need work to some degree.

Rolling Eyes
teahead
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

World record ask for a Brazillian?

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/volksw...2021-03-09
aa390392
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Shocked

55 ragtop
56 delux sedan
56 Kabriolet
Okie Adam
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

Our safaris go up to 11
62 Single Cab
66 21window
67 so42
76 Westy
64 Karmann Ghia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ryans65
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

that truck looks really bad
mandraks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Reply with quote

hazetguy wrote:
am i losing my mind? $9000, really????

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2457779
Rough 1961 vw single cab Price: 9000

1961 Volkswagen single cab truck frame looks to be solid body needs some attention as the bottom of the seat no engine transmission is there title in hand in my name will take offers
condition 4?????
4 - Fair - Runs and drives OK but needs work throughout the vehicle. Body shows signs of wear or previous restoration work. Any rust should be minimal and not in any structural areas. Cosmetics, body, and mechanics all need work to some degree.
Rolling Eyes

nothing wrong with YOUR mind. this is barely a roller. wrecked, rusty, incomplete. easily a 3 digit bus in my book. it will need everything.

Uli

----------------------------------------
'53 3-Fold Oval, L35 Metallic Blue, looking for a narrow hatch panel
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2624, 2625, 2626 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
Jump to:
Page 2625 of 2710

Jump to: